Windows 10: VMWare / Ms and Linux distros

Discus and support VMWare / Ms and Linux distros in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there Not sure why VMWare seems to have been having a problem with Windows hosts (latest builds) recently I've been running an absolutely leading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Oct 7, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

VMWare / Ms and Linux distros

Hi there
    Not sure why VMWare seems to have been having a problem with Windows hosts (latest builds) recently

I've been running an absolutely leading edge Linux distro (with latest 5.3.4 kernel) and VMWare WKS 15.5 with the latest Windows build (1909) as a VM and absolutely no problems of any kind.

Not sure what's up with Windows development lately -- perhaps left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing !!!! -- seems also people can't get some Windows updates to work or even install new Windows builds at all (as HOSTS)

Anyway on Linux everything seems to be kosher - Windows 1909 as VM on archLinux kernel 5.3.4 - KDE plasma desktop (GUI) with WKS 15.5

VMWare / Ms and Linux distros [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 7, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Which distro of Linux?

I had an old pc laying around I tried installing Foldix on but that failed mierably. Anyway...

What distro of linux should I use for this pc (specs will be listed below). I intend to use it for folding and as a backup PC and something to use to read directions on incase I need to do something to my PC I can have directions right here.

533MHz PIII-based Celeron
    256MB SDRAM unknown speed (probably PC100)
    ASUS MEW-VM
    10gb hard drive
    no video card
    Linksys LNE 100TX network card (no onboard LAN)

If anyone could suggest a Linux distro and direct me to some Linux dirvers for this thing I... uhh... will send you an e-cookie and click the thanks button!

3. Swansen Win User
    Which distro for 192 mb ram?

http://bengross.com/smallunix.html

Theres a list of minimalist Linux distros. It wasn't on that list but i highly recommend Arch Linux, its a really solid distro.

Swansen, Oct 7, 2019
  4. VMWare / Ms and Linux distros

Vmware is soo cool

How easy would it be to get VMWare and a Linux distro going? What would be a good distro for server stuff and internet?

ShadowFold, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

VMWare / Ms and Linux distros

1. VMWare / Ms and Linux distros - Similar Threads - VMWare Linux distros

2. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro: I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:Edition: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS build: 22631.2338Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM: 16.0 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating...
  3. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro: I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:Edition: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS build: 22631.2338Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM: 16.0 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating...
  4. do these linux distros run well with an hdd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    do these linux distros run well with an hdd?: pop os manjaro arch linux ubuntu i want know because i could install them to my hdd and run them alongside windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-these-linux-distros-run-well-with-an-hdd/94cfa52a-4871-46fe-a1ec-9eb194135127
  5. How to add users to WSL Distro (Windows Subsystem for Linux)

in Windows 10 News
    How to add users to WSL Distro (Windows Subsystem for Linux): [ATTACH] [ATTACH]WSL or Windows Subsystem for Linux for Windows 10 support multiuser capabilities. And when it comes to user management for software, various aspects of software management can be discussed. Adding a user to the Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows [...]...
  6. Which distro for Windows Services for Linux?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which distro for Windows Services for Linux?: Moderators: If this thread belongs in another forum, please move. So someone gave me some scripts that run under Linux, and he uses Linux under WSL. Seems like a good idea, but I have no idea which Linux distro I should use. Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) on on...
  7. No sound in VMware Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    No sound in VMware Linux Mint: I have installed Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon (3.8.9) within VMware Workstation 14 Player (version 14.1.3 build-9474260) running on a Windows 10 host (1803 build 17134.285). Sound does not work, although it works perfectly when I run Windows 7 in the same VM. The sound device...
  8. Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10: How to: Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10 How to Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools...
  9. Sharing TO W10 from W7 and most Linux distros SOLVED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing TO W10 from W7 and most Linux distros SOLVED: Hi there. This affects sharing TO W10 from other machines -- NOT FROM W10 TO other machines which seems to work just fine. Ms has changed some security aspects of file sharing over networks in W10. The changes only affect W7 and earlier Windows OS'es and most Linux...
  10. Sideloading Custom Linux Distro to Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 News
    Sideloading Custom Linux Distro to Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux: We are happy to announce that we have open sourced a WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) sample for Linux distribution maintainers. This sample allows distro maintainers to build WSL distro packages for the Microsoft Store and developers to create custom Linux distro packages...