Windows 10: VMware Player 12 crash

Discus and support VMware Player 12 crash in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; So I decided to dig out some old operating system install disks to play with on my PC. However, when the OS install requires a reboot, the VM breaks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by eastman, Sep 2, 2016.

1. eastman Win User

VMware Player 12 crash

So I decided to dig out some old operating system install disks to play with on my PC. However, when the OS install requires a reboot, the VM breaks and gives endless C++ runtime errors indicating something in regards to "pure functions", no error number visible on screen. To stop the C++ errors from appearing I must go into Task Manager and end the VMware process. When relaunching the VMware program, the VM that was running during the crash is in-accessible and requires the "Take Ownership" command, but when clicking that option I just get another error. To solve this issue I can reboot my host PC, but the VMs just cause the issue all over again. This crash also occurs when connecting host drives to the VM, or removing the virtual CD drive and reconnecting it.

:)

eastman, Sep 2, 2016
  2. MayRob2 Win User

Gears of War 4 Download causes BSOD

Thanks, a VMware driver crashed and I got a BSOD after the driver verifier. It's a bit confusing as I was using a newer VMware Player 12 Version but uninstalled it for the moment and do more tests.

MayRob2, Sep 2, 2016
  3. PKMishra Win User
    Vmware workstation 7 stoped working after upgrade from Win7SP1 to Win10

Upgrade was perfect for all applications. But VMware workstation 7.1.6 went through the upgrade process but the VMs on the machine did not restart giving memory error. Reinstalled the software, VMs still do not start saying the "Authorization Service not
    started. Tried to install latest VMware Player 12, (VMware claims it runs on Win10), even that did not start. Both VMware 7.1.6 and VMware player 12 during installation gave an apparently non-fatal error message pertaining to "IRQL_NOT_LESS_NOT_EQUAL". Running
    Win10 Pro 64-bit with latest updates. Any suggestion to make VMware 7.1.6 work is welcome - PKM

PKMishra, Sep 2, 2016
Thema:

VMware Player 12 crash

1. VMware Player 12 crash - Similar Threads - VMware Player crash

2. New VMWare Player 16.1.0

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    New VMWare Player 16.1.0: New VMWare Player released. 16.1.0 *Arrow VMware Maintenance Highlights and fixes. *Arrow VMware Workstation 16.1.0 Pro Release Notes [img] 168788
  3. VMware Player not compatible

VMware Player not compatible: Upgrading to 2004 and received this popup: [img] Works fine in 1903 167921
  4. media player 12

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    media player 12: Why does windows media player 12 only show my pictures for a brief moment when I try to view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-12/353aba39-5e4c-4aee-af58-893f54ac8410"
  5. windows player 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows player 12: como solucionar que wimdowsm12 plyer trabaje en wind. 10 correctamente https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-player-12/172a3f92-1e70-47b8-8085-0c5338d14b0a
  6. VMware workstation 12 player

VMware workstation 12 player: I have used Hyper V mainly, but have given the latest VMware a go. So far I'm liking it. Something it does that Hyper V didn't is allow me to connect USB device. I have not figured out the setting so I can see my host drives though. How do I enable that? [img] 23361
  7. My VMware Player has been crashing a lot

My VMware Player has been crashing a lot: My VMware Player has been crashing a lot. In fact once there was a series of about 5 fatal error dialogs which cascaded in a rather aesthetic and soothing fashion. Before I go to VMware for help, does anyone here have any advice which might smooth out the process. 33908
  8. VMWare Player 7.0 Released

VMWare Player 7.0 Released: VMWare Player 7.0 Released. So far the difference I see with the W Ten latest build VM as compared to Player 6.x is it gets to the Welcome Screen faster. Also it seems that W Ten is a bit more stable. Although Explorer Windows still open slowly. Firefox Portable 32 bit...
  9. Guest OSs In VMWare Workstation 12 Crash or Freeze

Guest OSs In VMWare Workstation 12 Crash or Freeze: Hello all, Im having an interesting issue where it seems like any guest OS I install into VMWare crashes or freezes shortly after being powered on. Right now I have a Windows 8.1 x64 VM and a Fedora Workstation 25 x64 VM and they both lock up on me. I have no idea whats...
  10. VMWare Player 12 with XP guest using a DOS window is slow

VMWare Player 12 with XP guest using a DOS window is slow: Using VMWare Player 12 Problem host machine is a Desktop server AMD 2x 2380 (2.5G quad core) Opteron 16G RAM 64 bit 320g SSD Windows 10 with virtualization enabled. Compared to a notebook AMD Phenom II (2.9 G dual core) 6G RAM 64 bit Windows 10 320g HD with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vmware player crash windows 10