Windows 10: VMWare Player 7.0 Released

Discus and support VMWare Player 7.0 Released in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; VMWare Player 7.0 Released. So far the difference I see with the W Ten latest build VM as compared to Player 6.x is it gets to the Welcome Screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by MilesAhead, Dec 1, 2014.

1. VMWare Player 7.0 Released

VMWare Player 7.0 Released.

So far the difference I see with the W Ten latest build VM as compared to Player 6.x is it gets to the Welcome Screen faster. Also it seems that W Ten is a bit more stable. Although Explorer Windows still open slowly. Firefox Portable 32 bit seems to run fairly well once loaded(I'm running the 32 bit W10 ISO.)

Edit: Also I did not notice any Explorer restarts or Desktop reloading as it did under Player 6.x.

:)

MilesAhead, Dec 1, 2014

2. Free VMPlayer compatibility with Windows 10 as the host OS

At this point in time, none of the VMWare players are compatible with Windows 10 host. I have tried all of them up to and including version 12. There are no errors but all guest OS will be painfully slow. Hopefully, VMWare will release a Windows 10
    compatible player. I went back to Windows 8.1 host and all my machines are running fast again.

The Victim, Dec 1, 2014
  3. Free VMPlayer compatibility with Windows 10 as the host OS

I did the Windows 10 update not knowing about any potential issues regarding VMware Player version 6. At first it seemed to work ok but I could no longer connect from my XP virtual machine to my SQL Server running on the Windows 10 host. After reading
    this and other similar messages I found VMware Player version 7 that is still free for non-commercial use and have so far had no trouble with any network connections or SQL Server connections between Windows 10 host and XP virtual machine. (Link to VMware
    Player 7:
    https://download3.vmware.com/software/player/file/VMware-player-7.1.2-2780323.exe
    )

GavinGlaum, Dec 1, 2014
  4. VMWare Player 7.0 Released

Thanks Jeff. I have tried to run VMPlayer 6 under build 9879 and not having complete success.
    I have found that you cannot defrag the virtual drive.
    Also had problems getting it to shut down.
    Also found just lately that Virtual Box will not work at all.
    I have a Dell OptiPlex 760 and yesterday did a upgrade to the processor to get virtualization feature. works fine normally but feel there is some problem with windows 10 tr.
    Larry

shipinomore10, Dec 1, 2014
  5. banger Win User
    Is there a 32 bit vmplayer 7 yet?

banger, Dec 1, 2014
  6. I have no more info than you. I saw the Player 7.0 listing on Snapfiles.

MilesAhead, Dec 2, 2014
  7. Player 7 does not seem to work well on defrag of a virtual disk.
    I can create Linux machines and Vista but cannot defrag them. otherwise they seem to function OK
    Larry

shipinomore10, Dec 2, 2014
  8. VMWare Player 7.0 Released

This is on the first time out? I noticed Player 6.x only seemed to defrag the first time using VMWare tools. I haven't set up a new VM in 7 yet. Just running the inherited VMs for now.

MilesAhead, Dec 2, 2014
  9. I noticed they show a version 7 but I wasn't sure if it's a free version or not :/
    Thanks for pointing it out *Smile

ThrashZone, Dec 3, 2014
  10. I just completed installing VMPlayer 7 and then set up Ubuntu and windows 10 TR 9879 and both allowed defrag successfully. also did some updates on w 10 tr.
    Larry

This is on the first time out? I noticed Player 6.x only seemed to defrag the first time using VMWare tools. I haven't set up a new VM in 7 yet. Just running the inherited VMs for now.

shipinomore10, Dec 3, 2014
  11. VMWare Player 7.0 Released [​IMG]

MilesAhead, Dec 3, 2014
  12. Just for grins I tried the original W10 US English 64 bit ISO that would not install for me using the 6.x Player. It went right on. VMWare Player recognized it as a W10 x64. After install, VMWare Tools install, and defrag, it seems stable. No jumping windows or long delays loading Explorer folders.

VMWare Player 7.0 Released [​IMG]

MilesAhead, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

VMWare Player 7.0 Released

1. VMWare Player 7.0 Released - Similar Threads - VMWare Player Released

2. VMware Workstation 17.0 Player with Windows 11 and Server 2022 support released

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation 17.0 Player with Windows 11 and Server 2022 support released: VMware released new versions of its virtualization applications. The free VMWare Workstation 17.0 Player and the commercial VMware Workstation 17.0 Pro are both available for all supported operating systems. [ATTACH] Main new features of the releases are official support...
  3. New VMWare Player 16.1.0

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    New VMWare Player 16.1.0: New VMWare Player released. 16.1.0 *Arrow VMware Maintenance Highlights and fixes. *Arrow VMware Workstation 16.1.0 Pro Release Notes [img] 168788
  4. VMware Player not compatible

VMware Player not compatible: Upgrading to 2004 and received this popup: [img] Works fine in 1903 167921
  5. VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.1.0 avaiable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.1.0 avaiable: New VMWare Player: Download VMware Workstation Player | VMware [img] 132574
  6. VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable

VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable: New VMWare Workstation Player 15.0.3 *Arrow free Release notes: VMware Workstation 15.0.3 Player Release Notes Important Fixes VMware Workstation Player contains elevation of privilege vulnerabilities: Workstation Player does not handle paths appropriately. This may...
  7. VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable: New VMWare Workstation Player 15.0.3 *Arrow free Release notes: VMware Workstation 15.0.3 Player Release Notes Important Fixes VMware Workstation Player contains elevation of privilege vulnerabilities: Workstation Player does not handle paths appropriately. This may...
  8. VMware new release 14.1.2

VMware new release 14.1.2: New release of VMware today. Compatibility with SCU 1803. [img] *Arrow Download VMware Workstation Player | VMware Release Notes: *Arrow VMware Workstation 14.1.2 Player Release Notes 110739
  9. VMware workstation 12 player

VMware workstation 12 player: I have used Hyper V mainly, but have given the latest VMware a go. So far I'm liking it. Something it does that Hyper V didn't is allow me to connect USB device. I have not figured out the setting so I can see my host drives though. How do I enable that? [img] 23361
  10. VMware Player 12 crash

VMware Player 12 crash: So I decided to dig out some old operating system install disks to play with on my PC. However, when the OS install requires a reboot, the VM breaks and gives endless C++ runtime errors indicating something in regards to "pure functions", no error number visible on screen. To...