Windows 10: Vmware player - boot to BIOS and set boot delay this works

Discus and support Vmware player - boot to BIOS and set boot delay this works in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there Not a problem in VMWare workstation as there's an option Boot to Firmware in the VM menu. For those using VMWare player (Free version) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Nov 17, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Vmware player - boot to BIOS and set boot delay this works

Hi there
    Not a problem in VMWare workstation as there's an option Boot to Firmware in the VM menu.

For those using VMWare player (Free version) and want to either boot to the BIOS or increase the boot menu display time (useful if running Linux distros with selection of kernels at boot time) or both do the following :

Change the .vmx file (the VM config)

1) To get into the BIOS

bios.forceSetupOnce = "TRUE"

2) Boot menu delay

bios.bootDelay = "xxxx" where xxxx is the nr of millisecs.

I use 2) as in Centos when I've got more than 1 kernel the kernels are shown so quickly that I haven't got time to select. The boot delay changes that -- note you need to do this in VMWare workstation as wll.

Option 1) though isn't needed in WKS.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 17, 2018
  2. 3870x2 Win User

Slackware will not boot under VMWare

Slackware version 14.0, VMWare 5.0.0

Just installed Slackware (for the second time) and am not able to boot, all I get is 'operating system not found'. It seems like it is not setting up the boot record, or atleast not one that is compatible with VMWare. I wonder if they expect that you are going to install LILO or GRUB.

This VM is being ran on an XP workstation.

3870x2, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Booting to BIOS

look to see if it has some sort of "boot to bios" option. im lost with this one....i cant think of much more than what ive suggested. Most Motherboards have different Bios/booting options. Try them all , see if makes a change.

if nothing works, time to contact the Manufacturer.

Sorry I couldnt be of help

jboydgolfer, Nov 17, 2018
  4. 3870x2 Win User

Slackware will not boot under VMWare

VMWare usually takes care of booting just fine.

I have CentOS, Fedora, and Ubuntu running right now. They all booted up fine.

I know traditionally you require a bootloader, though I have never ran into that problem with VMWare.

This is the first Linux installation that was not automatically detected under VMWare.

3870x2, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Vmware player - boot to BIOS and set boot delay this works - Similar Threads - Vmware player boot

2. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bio Boot: Good dayI have a Acer Aspire and have been struggling with my Bio boot. When I get to the boot me Option.Secure boot : EnabledShould it be enabled because I can select anything here.And one final question, does my laptop need to be connected to the internet via lan cable?...
  3. About Boot bios setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    About Boot bios setting: Hello I had a problem with my bios setting… First it was showing reboot and select proper boot device then i changed my boot priorities…but it didn't work…so i changed it to default setting…but this time I accidentally changed my ‘launch video opRom policy' to do not...
  4. About Boot bios setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Boot bios setting: Hello I had a problem with my bios setting… First it was showing reboot and select proper boot device then i changed my boot priorities…but it didn't work…so i changed it to default setting…but this time I accidentally changed my ‘launch video opRom policy' to do not...
  5. About Boot bios setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. 1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?)

in Windows 10 Support
    1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?): Greetings, So over the last weeks I tried Ubuntu Mate and Zorin. I installed each OS on my Mini PC twice and although interesting they weren't stable enough to switch to. I then installed Win10 again and it's actually zippy and works fine. Except for -- -- a strange booting...
  7. delayed booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    delayed booting: My Lenovo Ideapad 300 series takes about 15-20 minutes to boot. I have tried everything suggested in Youtube videos, and other windows users online... no changes. Someone, please help....
  8. Boot VMWare

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot VMWare: Hello, I want to try and boot VMWare from my Inspiron-15, I already have a Mac that I want to boot, but from the application, does anyone have and suggestions, links, or instructions on how to do that? submitted by /u/etewete115 [link] [comments]...
  9. Booting is delayed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting is delayed: I could not boot the computer ; It demands three or four on /off press. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-is-delayed/a7431a14-a67b-4e5b-9368-ce33b0b836f8
  10. Boot Delay Help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Delay Help: I just upgraded to 1803 and my cold boot delay has increased from 20s to 40s. I found this 101 error causing a 16 sec boot delay but don't understand the report. Any ideas what's causing this? Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational Source:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vmware workstation boot delay

2. bios boot delay in vmware

3. vmware player bios

4. vmware workstation 12 bios boot delay