Windows 10: VMware Player making DVD Drive disapear.

Discus and support VMware Player making DVD Drive disapear. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; OK, lately I've been having issues with my DVD-ROM and recently replaced it with a new one as I thought that might solve the issue - that is it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by sygnus21, Oct 28, 2014.

1. sygnus21 Win User

VMware Player making DVD Drive disapear.

OK, lately I've been having issues with my DVD-ROM and recently replaced it with a new one as I thought that might solve the issue - that is it was randomly disappearing from the system, requiring a re-boot to get it back.

Anyway I now realize I'm still having the issue and discovered that this behavior seems to happen when I run VMware Player to run Windows 10.

I know this sounds weird but it is duplicable every time I run VMware. I run it, mess around in Win 10, close out, and wham... no DVD drive *Confused

Any suggestions/thoughts?

My current OS is Windows 8.1 and you can check my system specs.

Thanks.

:)

sygnus21, Oct 28, 2014

2. download here - can upgrade 10122 -> 10162... NOT fresh install?

Well can boot from DVD in VMware Player VM win 10 pro to upgrade it?

Exist any other way...?

Lse123polis, Oct 28, 2014
  3. download here - can upgrade 10122 -> 10162... NOT fresh install?

How upgrade a Vmware Player 7 VM: win 10 pro preview 10122 -to-> 10162...?

Needed really boot from DVD?

Lse123polis, Oct 28, 2014
Thema:

VMware Player making DVD Drive disapear.

1. VMware Player making DVD Drive disapear. - Similar Threads - VMware Player making

2. Dvd player not playing, now DVD drive option is gone from vlc player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dvd player not playing, now DVD drive option is gone from vlc player: New laptop, went to play a DVD and it looks like my drive erased the DVD without prompt. Inserted new DVD after installing vlc player and still nothing. So several forums said to delete DVD drive and restart. Once it restarted I opened my vlc player and clicked select file,...
  3. Dvd player not playing, now DVD drive option is gone from vlc player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dvd player not playing, now DVD drive option is gone from vlc player: New laptop, went to play a DVD and it looks like my drive erased the DVD without prompt. Inserted new DVD after installing vlc player and still nothing. So several forums said to delete DVD drive and restart. Once it restarted I opened my vlc player and clicked select file,...
  4. VMware Player not compatible

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware Player not compatible: Upgrading to 2004 and received this popup: [img] Works fine in 1903 167921
  5. Make Windows DVD Player a free application

Make Windows DVD Player a free application: Listen, macOS had a DVD Player application preinstalled on Mac computers, but with Windows it costs $14.99??? Why?? To anybody at Microsoft, update the app including the app icon, fix some bugs, and make it cost not even a penny just like Apple with their macOS DVD Player....
  6. dvd player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd player: Cannot play dvd after in 10 pro upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player/edbf2a95-1b86-4274-ab27-1d9eda0fdadb
  7. DVD player

DVD player: I Need to re-load my DVD Player Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player/d980d940-9734-439b-a6d5-83eef6ea49ae
  8. Windows Media Player and DVD drive

Windows Media Player and DVD drive: Hi, I have a problem burning CD's in Windows Media Player, MP3 files. Not only is this an issue, but my BRAND NEW laptop refuses to read a blank disk. I have to open the device manager and open the DVD/CD rom drives to enable the DVD rom to read a disk.... Kind Regards...
  9. DVD player?

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD player?: Windows does not play video DVD. What is god software to replace it? 90945
  10. CD/DVD drives disapear after a Windows 10 update

CD/DVD drives disapear after a Windows 10 update: After I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro everything was fine on my desktop PC. Several days went by as I learned the new OS' interface. Then I got an update message telling me that a reboot was required for the updates to take effect. Blindly I went ahead and...