Windows 10: VMware Player not compatible

Discus and support VMware Player not compatible in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Upgrading to 2004 and received this popup: [img] Works fine in 1903 167921 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by rboppy, Nov 8, 2020.

1. rboppy Win User

VMware Player not compatible

Upgrading to 2004 and received this popup:

VMware Player not compatible [​IMG]

Works fine in 1903

:)

rboppy, Nov 8, 2020
  2. rboppy Win User

Upgrading to 2004 and received this popup:

VMware Player not compatible [​IMG]

Works fine in 1903

rboppy, Nov 8, 2020
  3. freebie Win User
    VMware Player Problem

I'm trying to run VMware player on my machine to have a play with the new WHS 2011 software, but when i try and install it says ...

VMware Player not compatible 64bit.jpg

So I thought i'd try windows 7 x64 same version as on my machine, same problem. had a look in bios like a friend suggested for a virtualisation setting but can't find one, Any ideas??

freebie, Nov 8, 2020
  4. VMware Player not compatible

Install Windows 10 as Virtual Machine in VMware Player

This one covers things in detail. Another great job with this one! *Thumbs One thing I could add here is when arriving to select the VM Player down you will have to choose the Workstation Player option to arrive at the download page seen at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/fre...duct_downloads

You will want that being the latest "Free" version released on June 15th prior to the August 15th release of the VM Workstation Player 12 which is a trial version not a freeware but has a 30 day evaluation period. You even have to click a numbered button each time you go to run it! Go with the 70 in the "Major" option and "7.1.2(latest)" seen in the "Minor" dropdown listing there. Note this is for the 64bit flavor of Windows or Linux only.

• File NameVMware-player-7.1.2-2780323.exe
    • Build Number2780323
    • Release Date2015-06-15

For the 32bit Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 you will want the 6.0 option in the "Major" selected and the "6.0(latest)" in the "Minor" there when going to select which one to download. VM ware at this time is leaning mostly towards the 64bit OS options.

• File NameVMware-player-6.0.7-2844087.exe
    • Build Number2844087
    • Release Date2015-07-02

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/fre...duct_downloads

Night Hawk, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

1. VMware Player not compatible - Similar Threads - VMware Player compatible

2. New VMWare Player 16.1.0

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    New VMWare Player 16.1.0: New VMWare Player released. 16.1.0 *Arrow VMware Maintenance Highlights and fixes. *Arrow VMware Workstation 16.1.0 Pro Release Notes [img] 168788
  3. Can't install VMware Player 16

Can't install VMware Player 16: v2004 I've been using VMware Player 12 for many years, decided to upgrade to 16, this is what I get when trying to install: [img] And yes I did run the installer as administrator. So I cancelled, the installer backed out and erased vmplayer 12 in the process. Any ideas?...
  4. New VMWare Workstaton PLayer 16

New VMWare Workstaton PLayer 16: [img] Windows VM | Workstation Pro | VMware 164534
  5. WSL2 & VMWare compatibility issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WSL2 & VMWare compatibility issues: After upgrading to WSL2 (which seems to enable Hyper-V features through the "Virtual Machine Platform" features, even if "Windows Hypervisor Platform" is left unchecked), I haven't been able to run VMWare, getting the error "VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are...
  6. VMware Player and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible

VMware Player and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible: I have this error with vmware w. player 15.5, is this a bug and, if possible, what does it means? Thanks! BTW this happens if I enable "core isolation", I understand core isolation is necessary to avoid hardware bugs in intel cpu. 142004
  7. VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have enabled Hyper-V previously and you are trying to install VMware or any other virtual machine creator, you may confront an error – VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible. Users face such an issue since Windows 10 [...] This post VMware...
  8. VMware workstation 12 player

VMware workstation 12 player: I have used Hyper V mainly, but have given the latest VMware a go. So far I'm liking it. Something it does that Hyper V didn't is allow me to connect USB device. I have not figured out the setting so I can see my host drives though. How do I enable that? [img] 23361
  9. VMware Player 12 crash

VMware Player 12 crash: So I decided to dig out some old operating system install disks to play with on my PC. However, when the OS install requires a reboot, the VM breaks and gives endless C++ runtime errors indicating something in regards to "pure functions", no error number visible on screen. To...
  10. VMWare Player 7.0 Released

VMWare Player 7.0 Released: VMWare Player 7.0 Released. So far the difference I see with the W Ten latest build VM as compared to Player 6.x is it gets to the Welcome Screen faster. Also it seems that W Ten is a bit more stable. Although Explorer Windows still open slowly. Firefox Portable 32 bit...