Windows 10: VMware Rel 14,Insider 17713 keyboard hosed after Poweing off VM

Discus and support VMware Rel 14,Insider 17713 keyboard hosed after Poweing off VM in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks After running a VM on Insider W10 Pro 17713 with Vmware workstation Rel 14 the HOST Keyboard mapping gets hosed up and can't be undone until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Aug 5, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

VMware Rel 14,Insider 17713 keyboard hosed after Poweing off VM

Hi folks

After running a VM on Insider W10 Pro 17713 with Vmware workstation Rel 14 the HOST Keyboard mapping gets hosed up and can't be undone until host re-booted. Note HOST machine running Insider rel 17713 - VM's a variety of Linux and Windows machines.

Definitely W10 insider problem as this doesn't occur on standard W10 (pro) version.

Posted here in Virtualisation section because it's possible others might have experienced the same problem. Running this build of VMware workstation : 14.0.0 build-6661328

Update -- fixed now -- needed version 14.1.2 --OK now

Still hasn't addressed the storage spaces problem I had in another thread -- another problem though.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2018
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Vmware workstation rel 14 out

Hi there
    vmware rel 14 out ( I guess they skipped V13 !!!)

has a load of new features including Unity support for W10 , New CPU support, new guest OS support for various OS'es, support for latest V4 Linux kernels (both HOST and GUEST OS'es) etc.

here's a link to documentation of new features

VMware Workstation 14Â*Pro Release Notes

(there's also the upgrade for vmware player users too).

Note 64 bit only though. You can of course run 32 bit guests.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2018
  3. cereberus Win User
    Vmware workstation rel 14 out

Did google search to see if you could run a virtual pc on 32bit, and this reference to the old Virtual PC made me laugh

Download Windows Virtual PC from Official Microsoft Download Center

"Windows Virtual PC is the latest Microsoft virtualization technology. You can use it to run more than one operating system at the same time on one computer, and to run many productivity applications on a virtual Windows environment, with a single click, directly from a computer running Windows 7."

I think that page is a touch out of date - LOL!

cereberus, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Derek12 Win User

Running your Browser in a VM?

• Install VMware Player or Virtualbox, VMware being faster in my experience
    • Create a VM with sufficent RAM HD and all CPU cores
    • Install Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Debian or some lightweight distro with Xcfe or LXDE
    • Install VMware/Virtualbox tools
    • Almost any distro comes with Firefox
    • Install Ublock Origin/Noscript/Ghostery
    • Disable cookies with a whitelist/use private browsing.
    In my experience, running a browser through a VM can slow down scrolling smoothness, video playback and increase ping delay

Derek12, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

1. VMware Rel 14,Insider 17713 keyboard hosed after Poweing off VM - Similar Threads - VMware Rel Insider

2. Convert VMWare / Vbox VM's to KVM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Convert VMWare / Vbox VM's to KVM: Hi folks If you want to convert VMWare VM's or VBOX ones to KVM it's a fairly straight forward but longish process. depending on the size of the original VM's. The Virtual disk though must be in a single vdmk image so if you have several vdmk files (most people do not...
  3. Windows VM stucks on Virtualbox but not on VMWare

Windows VM stucks on Virtualbox but not on VMWare: Hello there, I'm trying to run a windows VM (tried 7 and 10) with 64-bit on virtualbox. But it stucks in the "starting windows" screen (very unsmoothly animations). The vm's specs are: 8GB RAM, 2 CPUs, 128MB VRAM (Max), 32GB VHD (should be enough). All the other settings...
  4. VMWARE WKS rel 15 really efficient

VMWARE WKS rel 15 really efficient: Hi Folks On a desktop running W10 (Hundur in diagram) I'm running easily concurrently 2 Linux Virtual servers marked SAMBA server … - one serving Music, the other videos, TV, Movies etc, one XP VM, and 2 W10 X-64 VM's. [img] response time is fine on all of them VMWare...
  5. Convert VMWare VM to Hyper-V

Convert VMWare VM to Hyper-V: Hi folks am testing this little thing I saw on the Internet about converting a VM created with VMware to HYPER-V For anybody trying this too -- do back up your existing VM if you think you'll need it or if the conversion process fails, How to Convert Vmware Virtual...
  6. windows insider updates 17713

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows insider updates 17713: Have down loaded insider 17713 update but will not restart have treid many times but still get asked to restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-insider-updates-17713/5c88ef31-10fe-4080-ac96-84fe82ecc6ea
  7. Vmware workstation rel 14 out

Vmware workstation rel 14 out: Hi there vmware rel 14 out ( I guess they skipped V13 !!!) has a load of new features including Unity support for W10 , New CPU support, new guest OS support for various OS'es, support for latest V4 Linux kernels (both HOST and GUEST OS'es) etc. here's a link to...
  8. Upgrading a W8 to W10 VM in VMWARE

Upgrading a W8 to W10 VM in VMWARE: Hi there If you want to do an inplace upgrade of W8 to W10 in a VMware Virtual Machine UNINSTALL VMWARE TOOLS before you do the upgrade and then re-install them afterwards. Set the ISO image as your CD /DVD drive and simply run the setup from WITHIN the existing Virtual...
  9. Booting a VM from a USB stick ( From Inside Vmware)

Booting a VM from a USB stick ( From Inside Vmware): Hi there deleted -- wrong info cheers jimbo 106420
  10. VMWare VM in Hpyer V

VMWare VM in Hpyer V: HI Folks, Here is one of those really silly questions. . .*Smile,can you use a VM created with VMWare with Hyper V. Just wondering since MS doesn't want Hyper V and VMWare working together on the same OS. . .bummer. . .*Tongue 43374