Windows 10: VMware Sound Problem

Discus and support VMware Sound Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I am having a problem with sound in VMware Workstation 15.5.5 on Windows 10 Pro v.1909. In VMware guest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LT_2009, Jun 3, 2020.

1. LT_2009 Win User

VMware Sound Problem

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I am having a problem with sound in VMware Workstation 15.5.5 on Windows 10 Pro v.1909. In VMware guest OS' the sound crackles quite badly. All the OS'. I thought only XP SP3 was having this issue but all of them are. Basically the sound crackles in virtual machines. My host's sound is fine. Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Lewis

By the way, VMware was no help.

:)

LT_2009, Jun 3, 2020

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 3, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue VMware Sound Problem :p

cadaveca, Jun 3, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

VMware Sound Problem

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

VMware Sound Problem

1. VMware Sound Problem - Similar Threads - VMware Sound Problem

2. Further to VMWare Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Further to VMWare Problem: I can't find my original complaint about MWare going haywire, but this is to explain what I've done about my Graphics situation.I Installed VM to run an old version of COREL PHOTOPAINT on an XP Virtual. It's been O.K. for years, but recently cobbled up. All attempts to...
  3. Further to VMWare Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Further to VMWare Problem: I can't find my original complaint about MWare going haywire, but this is to explain what I've done about my Graphics situation.I Installed VM to run an old version of COREL PHOTOPAINT on an XP Virtual. It's been O.K. for years, but recently cobbled up. All attempts to...
  4. Further to VMWare Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro: This program was working perfectly fine a few months ago and after updating Windows 10 now is not working. What is the problem? Is there going to be a Fix soon?...
  6. Connecting problem with virtualbox and vmware

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting problem with virtualbox and vmware: i have problem with virtualbox and vmware in windows 10, i installed virtualbox with ansible setup so when i enter ifconfig it doesn't show IP address that i can connect with putty or MobXterm i want to connect three different IPs in virtualbox using putty and MobXterm but my...
  7. problem with credential guard and incompatibility with vmware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problem with credential guard and incompatibility with vmware: Hi, I'm running VMware workstation 15, I recently updated windows to the KB4515871 I'm running windows 10 home , but after updating I cannot run VMware it says device credential guard are not compatible, the thing is I'm running windows 10 home. some said it was to do...
  8. the vmware problem in credential

the vmware problem in credential: I mean its an certificate in thrusted problem,i mean wmvare software disabled the certificate by its self,also was there an threat for vmware in the last win 10 update.but i mean the problem resolves with an new digital signature to vmware,total must get and send out in an...
  9. vmware credential problem

vmware credential problem: I believe its a win 10 problem and not an vmware problem,vmware load ups correct and give an error message about credential fault,also is the fault in windows latest update,who is recognised of vmware,its so simple for microsoft, to send out an update who worked,before this...
  10. No sound in VMware Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    No sound in VMware Linux Mint: I have installed Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon (3.8.9) within VMware Workstation 14 Player (version 14.1.3 build-9474260) running on a Windows 10 host (1803 build 17134.285). Sound does not work, although it works perfectly when I run Windows 7 in the same VM. The sound device...