Windows 10: VMware Tools on Win 10 Stops after some time

Discus and support VMware Tools on Win 10 Stops after some time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Win 10 Enterprise installed on a VM with the latest VMware Tools installed (v10.2). I noticed that after some time, even though the VM is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kamadev, Sep 7, 2018.

1. kamadev Win User

VMware Tools on Win 10 Stops after some time

I have a Win 10 Enterprise installed on a VM with the latest VMware Tools installed (v10.2). I noticed that after some time, even though the VM is still powered on, the VMware Tools service stops, thus preventing me to access the services that use VMware Tools.

This does not happen in any server OS (tested on Server 2012 R2 and Server 2016) or on Windows 8.1 and below. This seems to be unique to Windows 10. Can anyone please throw some light on why this is so? Is this a "new feature" of Windows 10?

:)

kamadev, Sep 7, 2018

2. Vmware Tools

When i try to install vmware tools for vmware player 12 a screen pop says that this version of windows (Windows 10) cannot perform task for security reasons. Then it asks which app I would like to use to perform this task and I click on it. The app is
    the newest version of Windows Pro.

AlexandreJennett, Sep 7, 2018
  3. mei-das Win User
    vmware installation

Hi, I have attempted to install VMware Player 6.0 on my Windows 10 device, but received a notification that the app was blocked from Win' 10. Any suggestions?

mei-das, Sep 7, 2018
  4. locutus12 Win User

X800GTO2 AUTOMATED FLASH UTILITY Via DVD\CD... Very easy VMware Tools on Win 10 Stops after some time :)

hmmm... i dont mean to worry you but thats not good... *Confused VMware Tools on Win 10 Stops after some time :confused:

what exactly did you do to it originally, tell me step by step and list the files you used (including links if possible) i will try to back track and recreate the error using VMware if i can (VMware a special tool i use for testing crap out *Smile VMware Tools on Win 10 Stops after some time :) )

locutus12, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. VMware Tools on Win 10 Stops after some time - Similar Threads - VMware Tools Stops

2. Audio automatically stops working after some time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio automatically stops working after some time: Hi there!I have been going this this problem for some time nowWhenever I turn my PC on, The Audio works fine for sometime but after sometime it gets muted by it-self .I have updated my Audio drives to the latest version but it still doesn't work. Whenever I use headphones...
  3. Audio automatically stops working after some time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio automatically stops working after some time: Hi there!I have been going this this problem for some time nowWhenever I turn my PC on, The Audio works fine for sometime but after sometime it gets muted by it-self .I have updated my Audio drives to the latest version but it still doesn't work. Whenever I use headphones...
  4. Audio automatically stops working after some time

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Events in Win 10 calendar app look different after some time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Events in Win 10 calendar app look different after some time: I reset my "Mail and calendar app" and noticed that my events looked different than before screenshot 1. After one or more restarts of the app all events look like always screenshot 2. I have reproduced this 3 times. I very much prefer the appearence of screenshot 1. How...
  6. Using VMWare on Win 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using VMWare on Win 10.: This does come down to Win 10 Home version and Virtualization. I've been toVMWare Help and tried all the advice - nothing. I had to Reinstall Windows on my 3 months old office pc through no fault of mine [vide my problems earlier this month duringDownload]. Anyway, VMWare...
  7. VMWare not longer runs after the last Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VMWare not longer runs after the last Win 10 update: Windows 10 took the last update. Now when I try and start my copy of VMWare it says "WMWare Workstation Pro can't run on Windows". BUT IT HAS FOR THE LAST YEAR. My business relies on this software. How can I get it to work again? Updating this version of VMWare is not an...
  8. Internet stops working after some time of use.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet stops working after some time of use.: My Internet stops working after some time of use and starts working again when I turn my wifi off and back on again.How can I stop this ?...
  9. Vmware workstation 10.3 - W10 cannot install vmware tools

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Vmware workstation 10.3 - W10 cannot install vmware tools: Hi there Problem with installing VMWARE tools with Windows 10 x-64 using Windows host. Works fine on LINUX host !!!! (VMware workstation rel 10.0.3 build-1895310) Cheers jimbo 1993
  10. Keyboard stops working after some time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard stops working after some time: Hello. Yesterday I upgraded my Widnows 7 Ultimate x64 to Windows 10. Everything worked fine, but I noticed that my keyboard (PS/2) stops working after some time (for example after 15min after system start). I have to restart my pc in order to make it work again. I updated...