Windows 10: VMware users WKS 14.1.3 build now out

Discus and support VMware users WKS 14.1.3 build now out in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks VMware users build 14.1.3 is available both for Linux and Windows Hosts - Free upgrade. Appropriate upgrade for users of the free VMware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Aug 22, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

VMware users WKS 14.1.3 build now out

Hi folks
    VMware users build 14.1.3 is available both for Linux and Windows Hosts - Free upgrade.

Appropriate upgrade for users of the free VMware player as well.

From VMware menu --help --check for upgrades should get you to download / install.

I use both VMWARE Workstation and HYPER-V - unfortunately you can't run both together on the same physical machine though.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 22, 2018
  2. jimbo45 Win User

VMWARE WKS - 12.1 Enable printing ?? Solved

Hi there

VMWARE WKS 12.1 seems to have an error on both LINUX and WINDOWS Hosts.
    If you try and attach a printer to the VM you get "Printing must be globally enabled" message in the VMware VM configuration.

There's nowhere to set this !!!!!.

Any way of adding it manually to the actual vmx (config) file itself --often there's options you can set in that which don't appear in the vm gui editor.

Edit : Fixed -- you need to choose edit--->preferences in the VM menu -- Documentation not clear !!!! for PLAYER it's in File. ???

Another issue - can't get Bridged networking to work on Anniversary build (W10 build 1607).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 22, 2018
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Vmware WKS 12 - max PHYSICAL disk size

Hi there

anybody know what Max HDD size is allowed in VMware workstation (PHYSICAL Disk)

I've seen plenty of references to Max VIRTUAL HDD size - and that's 8TB - but what about when using a PHYSICAL HDD.

I have a RAID array of 9.1 TB attached as a Physical HDD -- my VM accepts it just fine

Can I actually USE the whole 9.1 TB or will the Host stop after 8TB.

The Host actually doesn't see the HDD in Windows File explorer as it's offline to Windows and formatted with XFS.

VMware users WKS 14.1.3 build now out [​IMG]

In the VM capacity is shown as 9.1 TB which is correct.

VMware users WKS 14.1.3 build now out [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 22, 2018
  4. VMware users WKS 14.1.3 build now out

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

VMware users WKS 14.1.3 build now out

1. VMware users WKS 14.1.3 build now out - Similar Threads - VMware users WKS

2. VMWare WKS 20H1 evaluation

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare WKS 20H1 evaluation: Hi folks Noticed so far : 1) Evaluation seems to last until 31 Oct 2020 2) you cannot disable debugging mode -- so it's possible that the performance could be slightly degraded -- can't say I've noticed it yet though. 3) Linux VM's with a GUI don't allow 1920 X 1080 screen...
  3. Vmware WKS 15.5 Exclusive mode working perfectly now

Vmware WKS 15.5 Exclusive mode working perfectly now: Hi folks I've had problems in the past with VMWare WKS to get "Exclusive mode" to work properly -- this is where you get total full screen - no menu bar or method to minimize the screen or switch to the host -- you can leave it of course by simply pressing ctrl+alt. Some...
  4. VMWARE WKS rel 15 really efficient

VMWARE WKS rel 15 really efficient: Hi Folks On a desktop running W10 (Hundur in diagram) I'm running easily concurrently 2 Linux Virtual servers marked SAMBA server … - one serving Music, the other videos, TV, Movies etc, one XP VM, and 2 W10 X-64 VM's. [img] response time is fine on all of them VMWare...
  5. VMWare WKS 15 definitely worthwhile upgrade

VMWare WKS 15 definitely worthwhile upgrade: Hi folks The VMWare WKS release 15 definitely a worthwhile upgrade -- better snapshot managing, memory etc --I/O seems to have been really better optimised too. Haven't tested all the features but I'm impressed so far -- also annoying defect of having to run in admin mode...
  6. VMware users Release 15 WKS now out

VMware users Release 15 WKS now out: Hi folks To VMware users WKS rel 15 and appropriate player release(s) are now out. Upgrading currently will see how it pans out -- while I still can get it from work !!! Cheers jimbo 118490
  7. WKS 14.1.3 - defect forwarded to VMware

WKS 14.1.3 - defect forwarded to VMware: Hi folks For VMware WKS 14.1.3 users (and equivalent VMware player version) I've submitted a defect / bug report to VMware. Hopefully it will be addressed in next update - however as I pointed out the "get around" is simple - start VMware player / workstation in administrator...
  8. Vmware workstation rel 14 out

Vmware workstation rel 14 out: Hi there vmware rel 14 out ( I guess they skipped V13 !!!) has a load of new features including Unity support for W10 , New CPU support, new guest OS support for various OS'es, support for latest V4 Linux kernels (both HOST and GUEST OS'es) etc. here's a link to...
  9. VMWARE WKS - 12.1 Enable printing ?? Solved

VMWARE WKS - 12.1 Enable printing ?? Solved: Hi there VMWARE WKS 12.1 seems to have an error on both LINUX and WINDOWS Hosts. If you try and attach a printer to the VM you get "Printing must be globally enabled" message in the VMware VM configuration. There's nowhere to set this !!!!!. Any way of adding it...
  10. Build 10130 Linux Host - UNITY mode works (vmware wks rel 11.1)

Build 10130 Linux Host - UNITY mode works (vmware wks rel 11.1): Hi there FINALLY !!! Unity mode is working with Windows 10 build 10130 and VMware workstation rel 11.1 latest build. Unity means that the VM can access menus from your HOST desktop without you switching to the VM itself. In a way rather like XPMode - but infinitely...