Windows 10: VMWare VMs Black Screen - Windows 10 3D Accelerator - Graphic Properties not available

Discus and support VMWare VMs Black Screen - Windows 10 3D Accelerator - Graphic Properties not available in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Build 1803 build Citrix Desktops. I am trying to change the properties of the Windows 10 box so that I can turn off 3D Graphic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Enfield, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Enfield Win User

VMWare VMs Black Screen - Windows 10 3D Accelerator - Graphic Properties not available

I am running Windows 10 Build 1803 build Citrix Desktops. I am trying to change the properties of the Windows 10 box so that I can turn off 3D Graphic properties as VMs are all in black screen mode. So, based on the suggestions by most of them, it looks like we have to turn off the 3D Hardware acceleration. When I right click on the desktop, I get only Display Settings and Personalize option and if I go into Display settings, i do not get to see the options for 3D graphic acceleration as mentioned in the below steps As, I do not see Graphic properties at all.

So, how can I turn it off or what else can be done as these are Citrix Desktops that are showing black screen. So, either you have to boot them serveral times or shut down and bring it up and sometimes they come up to the logon screen and show the windows screen or else they are black screen. Clicking on CTRL+ALT+DEL also has issues sometime it brings up the logon window or else none. Just plain black screen.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

1. Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    2. Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    3. Go to the 3D option.
    4. You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.

Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

:)

Enfield, Mar 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    • Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    • Go to the 3D option.
    • You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.
    Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arvind Ram, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

There is no "Graphics" options on the Windows 10 desktop right click menu. Please update your reply with correct instructions.

mjames-upc, Mar 5, 2019
  4. kentwaz Win User

VMWare VMs Black Screen - Windows 10 3D Accelerator - Graphic Properties not available

Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

When I right click on my desktop as you instructed, I cannot find "Graphics Properties" as mentioned above. I can't see 3D when I right click on .jpg file to select option to "Open with" on 3D windows.

My OS is windows 10.

kentwaz, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. VMWare VMs Black Screen - Windows 10 3D Accelerator - Graphic Properties not available - Similar Threads - VMWare VMs Black

2. No Suitable 3D Graphics Adapter is Available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Suitable 3D Graphics Adapter is Available: Hello Everyone, I recently installed Jurassic World Evolution 2 and I am experiencing this problem. When launching It crashes and send me this message, "No suitable 3D graphics adapter is available". Also I tried changing my resolution but it still showed the same message. My...
  3. No Suitable 3D Graphics Adapter is Available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Suitable 3D Graphics Adapter is Available: Hello Everyone, I recently installed Jurassic World Evolution 2 and I am experiencing this problem. When launching It crashes and send me this message, "No suitable 3D graphics adapter is available". Also I tried changing my resolution but it still showed the same message. My...
  4. 3D graphics acceleration problems a solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D graphics acceleration problems a solution: I had an old graphics card purchased a newer one it has 3D acceleration still the games didn't made the choice to use it. It kept on telling me that my graphics card ddin't support 3 dD acceleration, well after trying checking on the drivers making sure the card did had it....
  5. 3D accelerator in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    3D accelerator in windows 10: Hi, I have preinstalled windows 10 in my laptop which I recently bought. Few days back I downloaded a game 'Magic Farm'. When I try to play the game it says this program requires 3D accelerator to run. Whereas 'direct 3D accelerator' is already enabled in my laptop, still I...
  6. VMWare enable 3D and hardware acceleration on Windows Guest VM's

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare enable 3D and hardware acceleration on Windows Guest VM's: Hi there If when using a Linux host with VMWare you find you get messages on Windows VM's saying 3D and Hardware acceleration not supported even when you've ticked the enable 3d box in the edit VM configuration from the VMWare menu simply add these 2 lines to the .vmx VM...
  7. (Solved) How can I disable 3D graphics acceleration in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    (Solved) How can I disable 3D graphics acceleration in Windows 10?: Is it a hardware problem which has nothing to do with Windows? - Windows 10 Forums Last month, in December, Windows 10 crashed my PC repeatedly. See the above thread for details. Yesterday, I found that "3D graphics acceleration" was the culprit. However, I don't know how to...
  8. How can I disable 3D graphics acceleration in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I disable 3D graphics acceleration in Windows 10?: Is it a hardware problem which has nothing to do with Windows? - Windows 10 Forums Last month, in December, Windows 10 crashed my PC repeatedly. See the above thread for details. Yesterday, I found that "3D graphics acceleration" was the culprit. However, I don't know how to...
  9. Enable 3D / hardware acceleration in VM (VMware)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Enable 3D / hardware acceleration in VM (VMware): Hi folks add to the vmware config file (or ~/.vmware/preferences if on Linux Host) the following line : mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers = "TRUE" Note - you might have to also ensure MESA (Linux Host) is installed or correct graphics driver if you have it. In the VM config...
  10. 3D accelerator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3D accelerator: Is 3D accelerator available for my system so I can still play Forge of Empires https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/3d-accelerator/0514f0ae-86b9-41ca-81bb-ffff177e8549

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vm ware 3d acceleration black screen issue

2. vmware black screen problem