Windows 10: Vmware workstation 10.3 - W10 cannot install vmware tools

Discus and support Vmware workstation 10.3 - W10 cannot install vmware tools in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there Problem with installing VMWARE tools with Windows 10 x-64 using Windows host. Works fine on LINUX host !!!! (VMware workstation rel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Oct 1, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Vmware workstation 10.3 - W10 cannot install vmware tools

Hi there

Problem with installing VMWARE tools with Windows 10 x-64 using Windows host. Works fine on LINUX host !!!!

(VMware workstation rel 10.0.3 build-1895310)

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 1, 2014
  2. Andre Da Costa, Oct 1, 2014
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    VMWare 4.0.2 & Windows 10

Does the VMWare website offer any insight?

P.S. The name is now VMWare Workstation Player.

BulldogXX, Oct 1, 2014
  4. Vmware workstation 10.3 - W10 cannot install vmware tools

Jimbo, I have Workstation 10.0.3 build-1895310 and have installed 10 3 times (3 different version 64 E 64 TP and 32) and I installed the tools just fine on all three OS's. Bad Download?

Indianatone, Oct 2, 2014
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Like Jim I have not been able to install VMWare Tools. Have attempted three times, and nothing. The only thing I miss is being able to use drag and drop. I found a temporary fix for now, and that is One Drive (not bad, albeit a little slow. Another way around is to use a USB device or USB Drive.

This problem will probably be fixed in the near future by VMWare either with an update or patch. checked on VMWare site, and others are having the same problems.

6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I think I had a bad download - Haven't had any problem since re-download and install.

BTW if you UPGRADE a VM rather than doing a clean install then I'd recommend either removing VMware tools and re-installing or simply re-install and click "repair" option - it will refresh the drivers etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 3, 2014
  7. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Vmware workstation 10.3 - W10 cannot install vmware tools

1. Vmware workstation 10.3 - W10 cannot install vmware tools - Similar Threads - Vmware workstation W10

2. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  3. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  4. Manjaro KDE cannot install VMware Tools

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Manjaro KDE cannot install VMware Tools: In a virtual environment Manjaro KDE isn't as smooth of an experience as OpenSuse is. OpenSuse runs as expected full screen out of the box. I have tried running the manual update scripts with and without sudo but it always errors. Is there a known fix for this? 168380
  5. Error install VMWare Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error install VMWare Workstation: [ATTACH] Dear Sir or Madam --------------------- I would like to ask you when i install VMWare workstation Pro 15 on Window10 64bit. it show message like that "this installer requires you to restart your system to finish installing microsoft vc redistributable." Pls...
  6. Installing vmware workstation pro error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing vmware workstation pro error: I am trying to install app name VMware workstation pro from edge but when i am running the setup,it shows me"an error occurred while attempting to create directory: C:\Users\Public\Desktop" please help...
  7. vmware workstation 12 out now - built for W10

vmware workstation 12 out now - built for W10: Hi there VMWARE users - Workstation release 12 is now available - specially built for W10 VMware Workstation: Multiple Operating Systems Linux, Windows 8 More | United States Cheers jimbo 19848
  8. Configure VMware Workstation

Configure VMware Workstation: Hi, Based on a scenario, I have queries as following. VMware Workstation 12 Pro is installed in a Windows 10 Desktop. As guest OS, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are installed in VMware Workstation. I have to do a setup for networking...
  9. VMWare Workstation 10.4

VMWare Workstation 10.4: VMWare Workstation 10.4 is on the street. Up and running, and at the moment haven't had any problems running any OS. 2753
  10. vmware workstation 12.5.2

vmware workstation 12.5.2: Hi folks If you are running Linux Hosts this version of VMWARE workstation (and similar release of vmplayer) seems to have fixed problems of "wobbly mouse" etc -- also when scrolling inside the GUEST in windowed mode --I.E Windowed mode WITHIN the guest the scroll is...