Windows 10: VMWare workstation 11 no internet.

Discus and support VMWare workstation 11 no internet. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi, I've done a clean install of windows 10 Pro but am now unable to get internet on a guest VM on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 . I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by kamalaggi, Aug 24, 2015.

1. kamalaggi Win User

VMWare workstation 11 no internet.

Hi,

I've done a clean install of windows 10 Pro but am now unable to get internet on a guest VM on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 . I just get a yellow ? Ethernet controller in device manager.
    I tried my legal copies of Windows Me and Windows 3.11 and can get internet on them fine.

Everything was working fine when I had Windows 8.1 as a host.

Thanks
    Kamal

:)

kamalaggi, Aug 24, 2015
  2. Amol B Win User

AT&T VPN client does not work with Internet Sharing on Windows Mobile 6

Hi...I managed to resolve the issue.

I had vmware workstation installed on the Laptop. This vmware workstation had vmnet (virtual network adapters) which uses the same subnet of IP which HTC was assigning to my laptop when internet sharing was turned on.

I disabled the vmware virtual adapters and issue was resolved...I was able to browse and connect through AT&T VPN client as well.

Amol B, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 24, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Try re-installing VMware. If that doesn't work, make sure that the firewall on host computer isn't blocking VMware, then update or install VMware Tools in the VMs. (I could give step-by-step instructions but I'm sure won't need them)

5. kamalaggi Win User
    Ive tried all that but no luck.

I think its a driver issue.

kamalaggi, Aug 24, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

In the VMWARE configuration for a VM did you enable Networking !!!! - Bridged / NAT or even Host only. If Networking isn't enabled - you'll get the error you have posted.

Note also your INTERNET / Network adapter must be fully working on the HOST machine too.

Sometimes only one out of BRIDGED or NAT works so try each one. With BRIDGED the VM will have its own separate IP address to the entire network (and the Internet), with NAT the IP address is shared with the Host (useful if you have a limited number of IP addresses available - say in a shared College Dorm or campus environment).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 24, 2015
  7. Rudy Mas Win User
    I had the same problem.

Try this:

Open Command Prompt inside the virtual machine and ping www.google.com. If this works, but you can't surf to the website, check the firewall of the main OS.

I use AVG firewall, and I had to set a permission to allow traffic from/to virtual machines.

Rudy Mas, Aug 24, 2015
  8. kamalaggi Win User

Hi.

Thanks for your replies.

I think it looks like a driver issue as I device manager in the guest says theres no driver installed for the Ethernet. I have installed the VMWare tools but no luck.

kamalaggi, Aug 24, 2015
  9. YOU
    You Win User
    How about a repair install of VMware Tools?

10. dhjohns Win User
    VMWare Workstation 12 is out now, which fully supports Windows 10. I suggest upgrading to 12.

dhjohns, Aug 28, 2015
  11. SysAdmHowto, Sep 1, 2015
  12. pete1208 Win User
    I used workstation 11 to host win 10. Try going into the network editor and pressing the reset defaults.

If you use logmein hamachi, make sure there are no hamachi entries enabled on your vmware adapters on the host (in network adapters).

pete1208, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. VMWare workstation 11 no internet. - Similar Threads - VMWare workstation internet

2. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  3. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  4. How to install Windows 11 in VMware Workstation

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Windows 11 in VMware Workstation: If you want to learn more about how to install Windows 11 in VMware Workstation, you are at the right place, as we will be giving you every step you must follow in the following sections of this guide. VMware Workstation is one of the world's most used virtual machine...
  5. VMware Workstation and Memory integrity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMware Workstation and Memory integrity: Since I discovered Memory integrity feature in Windows Security I have left it always enabled. But sometimes I should turn it off by rebooting my PC in order to work with virtual machines. I tried to enable hypervisor and VM-related components in Control Panel as it described...
  6. VMware Workstation 15.0.2 is slowing my internet speeds.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware Workstation 15.0.2 is slowing my internet speeds.: Hey everyone... VMware Workstation 15.0.2 Build 10952284 is slowing my internet speeds by 40 Mbps (minimum). Anyone else? I had to perform the following to restore my speeds: At the Command prompt, right-clicked Command Prompt, and then selected Run as administrator....
  7. Configure VMware Workstation

Configure VMware Workstation: Hi, Based on a scenario, I have queries as following. VMware Workstation 12 Pro is installed in a Windows 10 Desktop. As guest OS, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are installed in VMware Workstation. I have to do a setup for networking...
  8. VMWare Workstation 10.4

VMWare Workstation 10.4: VMWare Workstation 10.4 is on the street. Up and running, and at the moment haven't had any problems running any OS. 2753
  9. vmware workstation 12.5.2

vmware workstation 12.5.2: Hi folks If you are running Linux Hosts this version of VMWARE workstation (and similar release of vmplayer) seems to have fixed problems of "wobbly mouse" etc -- also when scrolling inside the GUEST in windowed mode --I.E Windowed mode WITHIN the guest the scroll is...
  10. VMWare Workstation 11 is now on the street

VMWare Workstation 11 is now on the street: Haven't bought it as of yet, hopefully tomorrow. . .good luck. 3144