Windows 10: VmWare Workstation 12.5.9: how to share folders between VMs?

Discus and support VmWare Workstation 12.5.9: how to share folders between VMs? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi all, I need to run a CMD command in a VM that would need the access of Windows folder from another VM. While it is easy to set host folders to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by butterfly, Nov 17, 2019.

1. butterfly Win User

VmWare Workstation 12.5.9: how to share folders between VMs?

Hi all,

I need to run a CMD command in a VM that would need the access of Windows folder from another VM.

While it is easy to set host folders to be shared with the VM, how to share folders between VMs? *Confused

Thank you.

:)

butterfly, Nov 17, 2019

2. vmware workstation 12 out now - built for W10

They no longer show VM Player at the VM ware site only the VM Workstation 12 Player when downloaded as VM Player 12.exe! The two links there are for the free to use at home 32bit and 64bit flavors of the player itself under the new name. Workstation Player is not the same as the paid for Workstation Pro. derekimo had the correct download page there.

Night Hawk, Nov 17, 2019
  3. PKMishra Win User
    Vmware workstation 7 stoped working after upgrade from Win7SP1 to Win10

Upgrade was perfect for all applications. But VMware workstation 7.1.6 went through the upgrade process but the VMs on the machine did not restart giving memory error. Reinstalled the software, VMs still do not start saying the "Authorization Service not
    started. Tried to install latest VMware Player 12, (VMware claims it runs on Win10), even that did not start. Both VMware 7.1.6 and VMware player 12 during installation gave an apparently non-fatal error message pertaining to "IRQL_NOT_LESS_NOT_EQUAL". Running
    Win10 Pro 64-bit with latest updates. Any suggestion to make VMware 7.1.6 work is welcome - PKM

PKMishra, Nov 17, 2019
  4. VmWare Workstation 12.5.9: how to share folders between VMs?

vmware workstation 12 out now - built for W10

Apparently you still don't understand the difference between "try me out free" and totally free. The Workstation Player 12 or called Workstation 12 Player on the product page reveals something right there. Virtual Machines Multiple Operating Systems: VMware Workstation Player | United States

"VMware Workstation 12 Player Free for Personal Use" is actually for trying it out at home free without any commercial application until you look down at the bottom of the page there where you also see:

Let's read that again. "Download Free Trial" not "Download Free Version"! And what do you run into on the download page itself?

For the 32bit and 64bit free versions you have to go to the other download page and choose which one you are looking for from a Major and Minor pair of dropdown lists. Once on the main "All Downloads" page seen at downloads you have to scroll all the way down next to the bottom but not at the bottom for the VMware Workstation Player item found under the "Desktop and End-User Computing" category and click on the "Download Product" link to arrive at the other download page where the options for choosing between free and trial are seen. free

Whats that? "(PAID)" features? Thought this was supposed to be a freebie? As with any other Trial ware or Shareware you either have a time limit or limited options until you buy a key which then sees all the features unlocked or you simply won't run out of time. This is the information on the 7.1.2 release.

And for the 32bit which obviously will still run on the 64bit and why it listed for both.

Night Hawk, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

VmWare Workstation 12.5.9: how to share folders between VMs?

1. VmWare Workstation 12.5.9: how to share folders between VMs? - Similar Threads - VmWare Workstation share

2. Shared VMs are back (temporarily) in VMware Workstation 16.1.0

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Shared VMs are back (temporarily) in VMware Workstation 16.1.0: In the new release of VMware workstation Pro (16.1.0) , the previously removed feature "Shared VMs" is back. I guess that it wasn't just me that was bent about that feature being removed. VMware states that the feature is deprecated but it will remain through the lifetime of...
  3. Shared VMs are back (temporarily) in VMware Workstation 6.1.0

Shared VMs are back (temporarily) in VMware Workstation 6.1.0: In the new release of VMware workstation Pro (16.1.0) , the previously removed feature "Shared VMs" is back. I guess that it wasn't just me that was bent about that feature being removed. VMware states that the feature is deprecated but it will remain through the lifetime of...
  4. Wow - VMware has killed off Shared VMs in VMware Workstation 16

Wow - VMware has killed off Shared VMs in VMware Workstation 16: One of the great features in VMware workstation was the ability to create Shared VMs. There were several good things about these VMs, only one of which was that they could start automatically without having to log onto the host system. In VMware Workstation 16 that feature...
  5. Announcing: VMware Workstation 16 and Fusion 12

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing: VMware Workstation 16 and Fusion 12: Quick Overview Building on over 20 years of local virtualization excellence, the latest releases of our favorite virtualization tools deliver some amazing new capabilities for IT Admins, for Developers, and for everyone else. Top of the list is bringing Kubernetes and...
  6. Announcing: VMware Workstation 16 and Fusion 12

in Windows 10 Support
    Announcing: VMware Workstation 16 and Fusion 12: Quick Overview Building on over 20 years of local virtualization excellence, the latest releases of our favorite virtualization tools deliver some amazing new capabilities for IT Admins, for Developers, and for everyone else. Top of the list is bringing Kubernetes and...
  7. VMware workstation 12 player

VMware workstation 12 player: I have used Hyper V mainly, but have given the latest VMware a go. So far I'm liking it. Something it does that Hyper V didn't is allow me to connect USB device. I have not figured out the setting so I can see my host drives though. How do I enable that? [img] 23361
  8. vmware workstation 12 out now - built for W10

vmware workstation 12 out now - built for W10: Hi there VMWARE users - Workstation release 12 is now available - specially built for W10 VMware Workstation: Multiple Operating Systems Linux, Windows 8 More | United States Cheers jimbo 19848
  9. Vmware update (workstation) 12..5.5 + vmplayer available

Vmware update (workstation) 12..5.5 + vmplayer available: Hi there VMware users an update both for Windows and Linux hosts is available - workstation 12.5.5 Cheers jimbo 80414
  10. Guest OSs In VMWare Workstation 12 Crash or Freeze

Guest OSs In VMWare Workstation 12 Crash or Freeze: Hello all, Im having an interesting issue where it seems like any guest OS I install into VMWare crashes or freezes shortly after being powered on. Right now I have a Windows 8.1 x64 VM and a Fedora Workstation 25 x64 VM and they both lock up on me. I have no idea whats...