Windows 10: VMware workstation 12 player

Discus and support VMware workstation 12 player in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have used Hyper V mainly, but have given the latest VMware a go. So far I'm liking it. Something it does that Hyper V didn't is allow me to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Dude, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Dude Win User

VMware workstation 12 player

I have used Hyper V mainly, but have given the latest VMware a go. So far I'm liking it. Something it does that Hyper V didn't is allow me to connect USB device. I have not figured out the setting so I can see my host drives though. How do I enable that?

VMware workstation 12 player [​IMG]

:)

2. Windows 10 VMConnect

I found another solution. I downloaded VMWare Workstation 12 Player. This allowed me to get the results I was looking for.

GeoffreyBarr, Sep 19, 2015
  3. PKMishra Win User
    Vmware workstation 7 stoped working after upgrade from Win7SP1 to Win10

Upgrade was perfect for all applications. But VMware workstation 7.1.6 went through the upgrade process but the VMs on the machine did not restart giving memory error. Reinstalled the software, VMs still do not start saying the "Authorization Service not
    started. Tried to install latest VMware Player 12, (VMware claims it runs on Win10), even that did not start. Both VMware 7.1.6 and VMware player 12 during installation gave an apparently non-fatal error message pertaining to "IRQL_NOT_LESS_NOT_EQUAL". Running
    Win10 Pro 64-bit with latest updates. Any suggestion to make VMware 7.1.6 work is welcome - PKM

PKMishra, Sep 19, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

I figured it out. Had to share the host HD, then map it.

Thema:

1. VMware workstation 12 player - Similar Threads - VMware workstation player

2. Announcing: VMware Workstation 16 and Fusion 12

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing: VMware Workstation 16 and Fusion 12: Quick Overview Building on over 20 years of local virtualization excellence, the latest releases of our favorite virtualization tools deliver some amazing new capabilities for IT Admins, for Developers, and for everyone else. Top of the list is bringing Kubernetes and...
  3. Announcing: VMware Workstation 16 and Fusion 12

in Windows 10 Support
    Announcing: VMware Workstation 16 and Fusion 12: Quick Overview Building on over 20 years of local virtualization excellence, the latest releases of our favorite virtualization tools deliver some amazing new capabilities for IT Admins, for Developers, and for everyone else. Top of the list is bringing Kubernetes and...
  4. VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.1.0 avaiable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.1.0 avaiable: New VMWare Player: Download VMware Workstation Player | VMware [img] 132574
  5. VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable: New VMWare Workstation Player 15.0.3 *Arrow free Release notes: VMware Workstation 15.0.3 Player Release Notes Important Fixes VMware Workstation Player contains elevation of privilege vulnerabilities: Workstation Player does not handle paths appropriately. This may...
  6. vmware workstation 12 out now - built for W10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    vmware workstation 12 out now - built for W10: Hi there VMWARE users - Workstation release 12 is now available - specially built for W10 VMware Workstation: Multiple Operating Systems Linux, Windows 8 More | United States Cheers jimbo 19848
  7. Windows XP Sound Issues on VMware Workstation Player

Windows XP Sound Issues on VMware Workstation Player: Hi, On VMware Workstation Player 12.5.2 (free for non-commercial usage), I am having issues in Windows XP virtual machines with the sound. The sound output by the VM sounds poor, extremely crackled and laggy. Not having this issue in Windows Vista or Windows ME, only...
  8. VMware Player 12 crash

VMware Player 12 crash: So I decided to dig out some old operating system install disks to play with on my PC. However, when the OS install requires a reboot, the VM breaks and gives endless C++ runtime errors indicating something in regards to "pure functions", no error number visible on screen. To...
  9. Vmware update (workstation) 12..5.5 + vmplayer available

Vmware update (workstation) 12..5.5 + vmplayer available: Hi there VMware users an update both for Windows and Linux hosts is available - workstation 12.5.5 Cheers jimbo 80414
  10. Guest OSs In VMWare Workstation 12 Crash or Freeze

Guest OSs In VMWare Workstation 12 Crash or Freeze: Hello all, Im having an interesting issue where it seems like any guest OS I install into VMWare crashes or freezes shortly after being powered on. Right now I have a Windows 8.1 x64 VM and a Fedora Workstation 25 x64 VM and they both lock up on me. I have no idea whats...