Windows 10: VMware Workstation 17.0 Player with Windows 11 and Server 2022 support released

Discus and support VMware Workstation 17.0 Player with Windows 11 and Server 2022 support released in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; VMware released new versions of its virtualization applications. The free VMWare Workstation 17.0 Player and the commercial VMware Workstation 17.0 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 19, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

VMware Workstation 17.0 Player with Windows 11 and Server 2022 support released

VMware released new versions of its virtualization applications. The free VMWare Workstation 17.0 Player and the commercial VMware Workstation 17.0 Pro are both available for all supported operating systems.

VMware Workstation 17.0 Player with Windows 11 and Server 2022 support released vmware-workstation-17.0-player.png

Main new features of the releases are official support for Microsoft's Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022 operating systems, and TPM 2.0 support. These features allow users to set up Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022 virtual machines in VMware directly.

Oracle introduced support in VirtualBox 7.0.0 a month earlier, so that both solutions support Windows 11 officially now in their latest versions.

The official release notes for the Workstation 17.0 Player release is available already. Workstation 17.0 Pro customers find the release notes here.

VMware Workstation 17.0 Player supports a total of 5 new guest operating systems. These five are Microsoft Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022, Ubuntu 22.04, Debian 11.x, and RHEL 9. The new version supports a virtual Trusted Platform Module besides that, which adds support for TPM 2.0. Operating systems such as Windows 11, which require TPM, are fully supported because of that.

VMware highlights several other improvements in the release notes. Here is a quick overview of major changes in VMware Workstation 17.0 Player:

• Added an option to start a local virtual machine automatically when the host machine boots up.
    • Encryption supports full and fast options.
    • Improved support for OpenGL 4.3. Requires guest operating systems with Windows 7 or higher, or Linux with Mesa 22.0.0 and Linux kernel 5.16.0.
    • Several libraries were updated to patch security issues in previous versions; this includes OpenSSL, Python, zlib and Libgcrypt.

VMware Workstation 17.0 Pro supports all new features and improvements of the Player version, plus support for WDDM 1.2.

The developers have fixed several issues of previous releases. Users may now run multiple virtual machines that share the same common VM directory in the Pro version. Check out the release notes for a full list of fixed and known issues in the release.

Now You: do you use virtualization software?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post VMware Workstation 17.0 Player with Windows 11 and Server 2022 support released appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 19, 2022
  2. jimbo45 Win User

VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable

Hi there

Thanks just updated WKS .

Workstation also updated -- running W10 X-64 current build and the fast ring builds on Centos Host No probs !!

VMware Workstation 17.0 Player with Windows 11 and Server 2022 support released [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 19, 2022
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Nov 19, 2022
  4. f14tomcat Win User

f14tomcat, Nov 19, 2022
Thema:

1. VMware Workstation 17.0 Player with Windows 11 and Server 2022 support released - Similar Threads - VMware Workstation Player

2. Can VMware Workstation 17 Player run on my 2-in-1 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can VMware Workstation 17 Player run on my 2-in-1 laptop?: Can VMware Workstation 17 Player run on my 2-in-1 laptop?i have my file attachedhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1WQF9mvd2l9QuclgIK6TTrzwhDVMsjXvV/view?usp=drive_link...
  3. Can VMware Workstation 17 Player run on my 2-in-1 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can VMware Workstation 17 Player run on my 2-in-1 laptop?: Can VMware Workstation 17 Player run on my 2-in-1 laptop?i have my file attachedhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1WQF9mvd2l9QuclgIK6TTrzwhDVMsjXvV/view?usp=drive_link...
  4. windows 8.1 failed instalation on vmware workstation player 17 non comercial use only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 8.1 failed instalation on vmware workstation player 17 non comercial use only: error mesage stuck at getting files redy for instalation windows 8.1 please help me fix this mcirosoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-81-failed-instalation-on-vmware/535745db-3ad2-4e58-b8ef-11dba867ed37
  5. How to enable TPM 2.0 support in VMware Workstation Player for free

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable TPM 2.0 support in VMware Workstation Player for free: It can be quite a hassle to upgrade your main computer to Windows 11, just to roll back to Windows 10. The best way to find out if you will like Windows 11, is by testing it first hand, on a virtual machine. We showed you ways to download the ISO, how to bypass the TPM...
  6. VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.1.0 avaiable

VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.1.0 avaiable: New VMWare Player: Download VMware Workstation Player | VMware [img] 132574
  7. VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable: New VMWare Workstation Player 15.0.3 *Arrow free Release notes: VMware Workstation 15.0.3 Player Release Notes Important Fixes VMware Workstation Player contains elevation of privilege vulnerabilities: Workstation Player does not handle paths appropriately. This may...
  8. VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable

VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable: New VMWare Workstation Player 15.0.3 *Arrow free Release notes: VMware Workstation 15.0.3 Player Release Notes Important Fixes VMware Workstation Player contains elevation of privilege vulnerabilities: Workstation Player does not handle paths appropriately. This may...
  9. VMware workstation 12 player

VMware workstation 12 player: I have used Hyper V mainly, but have given the latest VMware a go. So far I'm liking it. Something it does that Hyper V didn't is allow me to connect USB device. I have not figured out the setting so I can see my host drives though. How do I enable that? [img] 23361
  10. VMWare Player 7.0 Released

VMWare Player 7.0 Released: VMWare Player 7.0 Released. So far the difference I see with the W Ten latest build VM as compared to Player 6.x is it gets to the Welcome Screen faster. Also it seems that W Ten is a bit more stable. Although Explorer Windows still open slowly. Firefox Portable 32 bit...