Windows 10: VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard not compatible in Windows 10

Discus and support VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard not compatible in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If when you try to power on the VM (Virtual Machine) inside VMware Workstation Player on Windows 10, you receive the error message VMware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 10, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard not compatible in Windows 10

WinClub, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Ahnafic Win User

Turn off Credential Guard or Device Guard

Whenever I try to run a vm in vmware,it gives this error:

VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard.

Any help?

Ahnafic, Jun 10, 2020
  3. tayya_b Win User
    Device/Credential Guard are not compatible.

I have to use VMware Workstation for some reason but it says
    Device/Credential Guard
    are not compatible. So from the research I got to know that first I have to disable the Credential Guard then I maybe able to use VMware Workstation, And for that I need a Group Policy Editor.

So the question is from where I can find group policy editor. I am unable to locate it.

And also can somebody tell me that Disabling the Device/Credential Guard won't harm my computer.?

tayya_b, Jun 10, 2020
  4. VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard not compatible in Windows 10

VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible

VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard not compatible in Windows 10 3eacc46c-ca4b-49d6-9b32-991e0e148225.png
    I'm
    using windows 10 latest insider version.my problem is when I open VMware player it shows:

"VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard. Please visit http://www.vmware.com/go/turnoff_CG_DG for more details."

I apply this technique-

Goto Local Computer Policy - Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - System - Device Guard - Turn on Virtualization

Double click that .... and select "Disable" ...
    Go to Control Panel - Uninstall a Program - Turn Windows features on or off - (uncheck/turn off) Hyper-V.

Click OK

Select Do not restart.
    And then type the following cmds in cmd prompt.. to Delete the related EFI variables from the BCD file...

Launch cmd as admin...

bcdedit /create {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215} /d "DebugTool" /application osloader

bcdedit /set {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215} path "\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\SecConfig.efi"

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} bootsequence {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215}

bcdedit /set {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215} loadoptions DISABLE-LSA-ISO,DISABLE-VBS

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

but it can't solve the problem. please help!

BimalPanigrahi, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard not compatible in Windows 10

1. VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard not compatible in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - VMware Workstation Device

2. Windows 10 Device Guard and Credential Guard Demystified

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Device Guard and Credential Guard Demystified: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wireless_Life [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l7w0j3/windows_10_device_guard_and_credential_guard/
  3. Device/Credential Guard are not compatible.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device/Credential Guard are not compatible.: I have to use VMware Workstation for some reason but it says Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. So from the research I got to know that first I have to disable the Credential Guard then I maybe able to use VMware Workstation, And for that I need a Group Policy...
  4. Error: device credential guard are not compatible when launching VMware after installing...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error: device credential guard are not compatible when launching VMware after installing...: Hi, I'm running VMware workstation 15, I recently updated windows to the KB4515871 I'm running windows 10 home , but after updating I cannot run VMware it says device credential guard are not compatible, the thing is I'm running windows 10 home. some said it was to do...
  5. problem with credential guard and incompatibility with vmware

problem with credential guard and incompatibility with vmware: Hi, I'm running VMware workstation 15, I recently updated windows to the KB4515871 I'm running windows 10 home , but after updating I cannot run VMware it says device credential guard are not compatible, the thing is I'm running windows 10 home. some said it was to do...
  6. VMware Player and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware Player and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible: I have this error with vmware w. player 15.5, is this a bug and, if possible, what does it means? Thanks! BTW this happens if I enable "core isolation", I understand core isolation is necessary to avoid hardware bugs in intel cpu. 142004
  7. VMWare is not letting me run Virtual Machines due to "VMWare and Device/Credential guard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMWare is not letting me run Virtual Machines due to "VMWare and Device/Credential guard...: Hello. Recently after an update from Microsoft, I went onto my computer to run a Virtual Machine on VMWare workstation Pro 15. But when I went to run it, it read this message.: "VMWare Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMWare Workstation can be...
  8. Device/Credential Guard are not Compatible - Virtualization

Device/Credential Guard are not Compatible - Virtualization: I am unable to launch any Virtual Machines using VmWare Workstation Player on Windows 10 1809 x64 on a Dell Latitude 7490 laptop. I receive the following error. [ATTACH] I have tried every solution I saw online with no success. After taking all the steps described below I...
  9. Windows 10 Device Guard and Credential Guard Demystified

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Device Guard and Credential Guard Demystified: While helping Windows Enterprise customers deploy and realize the benefits of Windows 10, I've observed there's still a lot of confusion regarding the security features of the operating system. This is a shame since some of the key benefits of Windows 10 involve these deep...
  10. Device Guard + VMware Workstation Pro 12.5

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Device Guard + VMware Workstation Pro 12.5: Hi All I'm hoping someone who knows something about Device Guard and virtualisation can help me with a question I have. I recently rebuilt my desktop with Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit Creators Update. I use VMware Workstation Pro 12.5 daily for my work from home. One...