Windows 10: VMware Workstation cannot enter Unity mode

Discus and support VMware Workstation cannot enter Unity mode in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If when you are trying to open the Unity mode in VMware Workstation, you see this message, then this post will help you troubleshoot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 22, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

VMware Workstation cannot enter Unity mode

VMware Workstation cannot enter Unity mode VMware-Workstation-fails-to-enter-Unity-mode-100x100.jpg
    VMware Workstation cannot enter Unity mode VMware-Workstation-fails-to-enter-Unity-mode-150x60.jpg If when you are trying to open the Unity mode in VMware Workstation, you see this message, then this post will help you troubleshoot the issue: The virtual machine cannot enter Unity mode because: The guest operating system does not [...]

This post VMware Workstation cannot enter Unity mode is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jan 22, 2019
  2. jimbo45 Win User

W10 in Unity mode doesn't work properly (vmware)

Hi there

Build 9879 doesn't work properly in Unity mode ---(VMware workstation 10.0.4 and 11.0)

Not a mega issue but Unity mode is great if you want to concurrently test things without flipping back into the VM's full screen mode.

Part of the windows desktop (in white here) appears as well as the menu -- only the menu should be seen in Unity mode.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Epicblood Win User
    Windows 10 unity mode

I am running vmware workstation 11 on windows 10, and it seems Unity mode doesn't work.

I've tried both Debian (jessie and stretch) with gnome-fallback (metacity), kde, and xfce as well as Ubuntu 15.04 with xfce & gnome-fallback (metacity) as guests. Every time I tried to enter Unity i get the message

I have open-vm-tools and open-vm-tools-desktop installed on all of them. I also ran the vmware-tools installer after to install all it's kernel modules and whatever else it does.

Epicblood, Jan 22, 2019
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Build 10130 Linux Host - UNITY mode works (vmware wks rel 11.1)

Hi there

FINALLY !!! Unity mode is working with Windows 10 build 10130 and VMware workstation rel 11.1 latest build.

Unity means that the VM can access menus from your HOST desktop without you switching to the VM itself. In a way rather like XPMode - but infinitely better.

Ensure also you update / re-install VMware tools as well.

I haven't tried Unity mode from a Windows HOST but works fine from CENTOS rel 7 (so should work for other common distros such as Ubuntu etc).

The Unity mode working makes running things like OFFICE on a VM simple for users.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

1. VMware Workstation cannot enter Unity mode - Similar Threads - VMware Workstation cannot

2. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  3. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  4. W10 in Unity mode doesn't work properly (vmware)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    W10 in Unity mode doesn't work properly (vmware): Hi there Build 9879 doesn't work properly in Unity mode ---(VMware workstation 10.0.4 and 11.0) Not a mega issue but Unity mode is great if you want to concurrently test things without flipping back into the VM's full screen mode. Part of the windows desktop (in...
  5. Vmware workstation 10.3 - W10 cannot install vmware tools

Vmware workstation 10.3 - W10 cannot install vmware tools: Hi there Problem with installing VMWARE tools with Windows 10 x-64 using Windows host. Works fine on LINUX host !!!! (VMware workstation rel 10.0.3 build-1895310) Cheers jimbo 1993
  6. Configure VMware Workstation

Configure VMware Workstation: Hi, Based on a scenario, I have queries as following. VMware Workstation 12 Pro is installed in a Windows 10 Desktop. As guest OS, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are installed in VMware Workstation. I have to do a setup for networking...
  7. Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts

Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts: Hi there This seems to work fine for Windows 10 VM's on some Linux Hosts. 1) Uninstall VMware tools on the VM - shut down but don't re-power on 2) uninstall open-vm-tools on your HOST machine - typically as root or sudo yum autoremove open-vm-tools or whatever it is in...
  8. VMWare Workstation 10.4

VMWare Workstation 10.4: VMWare Workstation 10.4 is on the street. Up and running, and at the moment haven't had any problems running any OS. 2753
  9. vmware workstation 12.5.2

vmware workstation 12.5.2: Hi folks If you are running Linux Hosts this version of VMWARE workstation (and similar release of vmplayer) seems to have fixed problems of "wobbly mouse" etc -- also when scrolling inside the GUEST in windowed mode --I.E Windowed mode WITHIN the guest the scroll is...
  10. BSOD Windows 10 (host crashed while running VMWare Workstation Unity)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Windows 10 (host crashed while running VMWare Workstation Unity): Hi All, On a rock solid machine (to date) I got a BSOD. During this time I was using Unity (VMWare Pro), and the host crashed (not the client VM). I did try the tool at OSR Online - The Home Page for Windows Driver Developers, which seems to claim that the culprit was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vmware enter in unity mode

2. vmware unity mode not working in windows 10

3. enter unity not working w10

4. vmplayer unity mode problems