Windows 10: vmware xp virtual sound now distorted after recent update to win10

Discus and support vmware xp virtual sound now distorted after recent update to win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the last update to windows 10 14393, a virtual vmware xp machine now has distorted audio after login. The first sound, which is the welcome sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rocket777, Aug 10, 2016.

1. rocket777 Win User

vmware xp virtual sound now distorted after recent update to win10

Since the last update to windows 10 14393, a virtual vmware xp machine now has distorted audio after login. The first sound, which is the welcome sound on bootup is ok, but thereafter all sound is distorted (has the flavor of a totally overloaded channel - i.e. sounds like severe clipping). I didn't change anything in the vmware virtual.

Anyone else seen this and/or any ideas?

:)

rocket777, Aug 10, 2016

2. Windows XP Virtual Machine missing after conversion to Win 10 from Win 7

If you had XP Mode, it is gone and is blocked from running on Windows 10. Even XP Mode vms converted by VMWare and other virtualization programs are blocked. User created XP vms also will not run if in Microsoft Virtual PC format because Virtual PC does
    not run on Windows 10. The only Microsoft virtualization software that runs on Windows 10 is Hyper-V. Hyper-V is only available on Windows 10 Pro. XP is not supported in Windows Hyper-V (no integration tools). It runs, but it is pretty useless without
    the integration tools.

I use VMWare Player to run XP vms that I created in VMWare Player in Windows 10. You can also use VirtualBox and others of the third-party virtualization programs. You will need a Windows XP license to create an XP vm in any of these virtualization programs.

Sorry for the bad news.

Cbarnhorst, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 App Compatibilty Check - Inconsistent results

I have 2 laptops running Windows 7 Pro. On both of them I have VMWare Player and Virtual PC 2007. On one of them I have additionally installed Windows XP Mode.

When I run the Windows 10 Compatibility App I get different results.

On one laptop I am told I need to uninstall Virtual PC 2007 and I need to uniinstall and reinstall VMWare Player after the Windows 10 upgrade, presumably meaning Virtual PC will not run under W10.

On the second laptop - the one with XP Mode installed - there is no reference to either Virtual PC or VMWare Player or even XP Mode (which needs Virtual PC to operate) needing to be uninstalled.

So I am mightily confused. Can anyone give me a definitive answer regarding these 3 apps?

TIA

Paolo_Ricardo, Aug 10, 2016
  4. rocket777 Win User

The workaround found by googling, is to run media player, change to "now playing" and then minimize the player. That fixes the sound. Apparently, this problem is old, but bit me new.

rocket777, Aug 10, 2016
Thema:

1. vmware xp virtual sound now distorted after recent update to win10 - Similar Threads - vmware virtual sound

2. Win2K - Choppy and Distorted sound even Vmware Tools are installed

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win2K - Choppy and Distorted sound even Vmware Tools are installed: Hi, I have a problem on my Win2K VM, The sound is DISTORTED or CHOPPY. I recorded that. Listen here: %appdata% 2021-05-04 at 07h07m16s (1).wav %appdata% 2021-05-04 at 07h07m16s (4).wav This is the original audio files (also recorded): %appdata% 2021-05-04 at 07h07m16s...
  3. Sound Distortion after update on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Distortion after update on Windows 10: Each time my computer updates the sound on Skype gets distorted on my end and the people on other side can't hear me. So every time I have to go to DTS Audio Control and change the sound to 16 bit, 44100Hz CDQuality. Could the updates be done without affecting this issue....
  4. VMware uninstalled after recent update help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VMware uninstalled after recent update help: I just updated VMware as it was asking me to update it and after the first installation and reboot I check the box with the terms and conditions and during the final stage a error popped up saying “HLChost not downloaded” or something similar (sorry didn’t pay much attention)...
  5. Windows sound not playing after recent Win10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows sound not playing after recent Win10 Update: Hi all, Symptom: Since last windows update, windows doesn't play the windows sounds: Startup, UAC sound, exclamation, warning, notifications, etc. Note: Other sounds, like games, videos, calls are working well. I use SoundBlaster Z series sound card. Their recent driver...
  6. Windows sound not playing after recent Win10 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows sound not playing after recent Win10 Update: Hi all, Symptom: Since last windows update, windows doesn't play the windows sounds: Startup, UAC sound, exclamation, warning, notifications, etc. Note: Other sounds, like games, videos, calls are working well. I use SoundBlaster Z series sound card. Their recent driver...
  7. recent Win10 update - computer is now a brick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recent Win10 update - computer is now a brick: Dell Inspiron15 laptop received a recent Windows 10 update. On required restart, we were returned to a blank screen - no icons/cursor...just blank. Waited an hour in case it was working in the background...nothing. Tried rebooting again, and still a blank screen. I...
  8. Vmware and VirtualBox not working after the recent update .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vmware and VirtualBox not working after the recent update .: i have been using vmware and virtualbox for quiet a while . but after the recent update both of them stopped working . i am using windos 10 home and dont have hyper-V ON. i have been to vmware's suggested page but the support is for only windows enterprise ."VMware...
  9. Windows XP Sound Issues on VMware Workstation Player

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows XP Sound Issues on VMware Workstation Player: Hi, On VMware Workstation Player 12.5.2 (free for non-commercial usage), I am having issues in Windows XP virtual machines with the sound. The sound output by the VM sounds poor, extremely crackled and laggy. Not having this issue in Windows Vista or Windows ME, only...
  10. Reusable Win10 VMWare virtual machines. Activation concern

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reusable Win10 VMWare virtual machines. Activation concern: Hi, I need to be able to create and distribute secure Windows 10 VMWare virtual machines. I will be encrypting and restricting the VM's using Workstation Pro. I will be providing them to contractors at my company and once they complete their work I need to be able to...