Windows 10: VNC on Win 10

Discus and support VNC on Win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; VNC is -very- important to me, and this question is really about VNC. I am a hobbyist and have 9 Windows PC's at home. A mix of laptops and desktops.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by UncleNineIsMe, Feb 22, 2019.

1. VNC on Win 10

VNC is -very- important to me, and this question is really about VNC. I am a hobbyist and have 9 Windows PC's at home. A mix of laptops and desktops. VNC works perfectly on the Win 7 machines.

I am in the process of moving everything from Win 7 to Win 10. The first one I moved was an old Lenovo T61p. The upgrade went ok except that it FREEZES -every time- on boot. I have to power-off twice, go to Automatic Diagnose, then "exit to Win 10" and it boots. I did endless research on the Critical Event in the Event viewer (having to do with "ZuneMusic" of all things) to no avail. Not too happy so far. However, VNC works FINE on this machine after the upgrade. Both as a server and to view remotely. Clearly, any update requiring a re-boot will fail. Freezes on boot, but VNC works. Both are critical to me.

Here's the real rub: I upgraded a much more recent Lenovo T420 to Win 10 and I cannot get VNC to work after more endless research., tweaking Aero, and on and on. All I get on remote machines to the T420 is a blank screen.

It appears from my reading that this problem started with 1809 and many users have gotten irritated with MS that it hasn't been fixed. Many people have said that prior to 1809, VNC worked fine. So, on Windows 7 and prior to 1809, VNC works fine, but post 1809 it doesn't. This absolutely sounds like an MS problem, not previously sparkling, conforming hardware.

Can -anyone- help me? Is anyone at MS working on this? Is there -any- solution? I firmly believe that it is NOT someone else's fault. Huh?

:)

UncleNineIsMe, Feb 22, 2019

2. VNC Server to Share Single Window?

I need to share a window on my Windows 10 PC via VNC (to an Android device). UltraVNC says it can share a single window, but I can't get their VNC server to do this, only the entire Desktop.

Any suggestions for VNC servers that can share a single window?

[Reference to Android removed as not significant, and seemed to confuse]

nigelmercier, Feb 22, 2019
  3. BigBenjo Win User
    A free Vnc program is missing..

i need a VNC program !!

iOS, Android, WinMobile .... WIN !!!

Symbian .... LOSE !!!

I hope in a program now....

BigBenjo, Feb 22, 2019
  4. VNC on Win 10

VNC connections constantly drop but only when using laptop on battery power

My first step in troubleshooting would be diagnosing where the cause of the issue lies.

We can simplify a lot of the effort by isolation:

• First, to rule out if it's any OS setting, driver issue or other kind of software-related cause, I suggest you prepare a live Linux flash drive, install and configure the VPN and VNC clients on it, and run the VPN'ed VNC connection via both Ethernet and WiFi. If the issue is gone, we know the cause is with Windows.
    • Maybe it's some incompatibility with your WiFi infrastructure. Try a different router/AP to rule it out.
    • Try with a different ISP. If you have a mobile data plan and are sure your VNC setup isn't data-intensive, then you could use it as a mobile hotspot.
    • You already said the issue doesn't happen at work and happens at home, but have you checked at another place? I'd try somewhere with a different ISP and router - a friend's house, a library, Starbucks...

That Brazilian Guy, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

VNC on Win 10

1. VNC on Win 10 - Similar Threads - VNC

2. Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC: HelloWe use RealVNC to remote in to our machine at the office it works the same as team viewer etc, but when we went to login today the screen was black. I can remote into another machine that is at the office so it isnt the internet and if I use RDP on that machine I still...
  3. For Any Users Of VNC Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For Any Users Of VNC Viewer: Hi, Using VNC Viewer, the free version, to mirror what is on my Windows 10 pc over to my MAC screen. Really works well. Was wondering if there is any way to morrow just a selected portion of what is on the pc to the MAC screen ? Or, is it all or nothing ? Any other similar...
  4. For Any Users Of VNC Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    For Any Users Of VNC Viewer: Hi, Using VNC Viewer, the free version, to mirror what is on my Windows 10 pc over to my MAC screen. Really works well. Was wondering if there is any way to morrow just a selected portion of what is on the pc to the MAC screen ? Or, is it all or nothing ? Any other similar...
  5. Secure way of VNC server open to internet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secure way of VNC server open to internet?: So my father calls me a lot asking for help with his computer, and he seems to never remember how to do stuff. I’ve done facetime for a while now but he 80% films the rug instead of the computer and I’m starting to get tired of this... it takes so much time trying to tell...
  6. Prevent UAC prompt from locking PC during VNC sessions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent UAC prompt from locking PC during VNC sessions: How do I prevent UAC prompts from locking the PC during VNC sessions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-uac-prompt-from-locking-pc-during-vnc/ef45b3db-cf70-42b7-aded-2f84a6e16ade
  7. Does HyperV have anything like VNC that can be accessed from a Linux client with Linux...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does HyperV have anything like VNC that can be accessed from a Linux client with Linux...: This might be a little hard to explain, but I am wanting to open a connection to a HyperV vm that wont be interrupted by reboots, however it needs to be able to be accessed by a Linux client and has to run with a Linux vm. I can open an rdp session to the Windows server just...
  8. Cannot RDP / VNC view FROM Windows to Linux desktop

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Cannot RDP / VNC view FROM Windows to Linux desktop: Hi folks Just messing about before "Boxing Day" dinner -- at least not cooking it today !!!! just eating / drinking /pub later for UK Footie. No probs whatsoever with connecting to Windows desktops (whether via VM or real) FROM a LINUX machine Cannot get Windows to show...
  9. VNC with laptop lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    VNC with laptop lid closed: I use a VNC service to remotely manage hundreds laptops that are stored in a HP laptop cart so they will charge and be connected to ethernet. They are used in a classroom environment and perform required support functions between classes and at night. We recently upgraded...
  10. cannot use real VNC viewer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot use real VNC viewer: It happened after the windows 10 update, currently I cannot use real VNC viewer. I used Device manager to add network adapter but with no effect. Microsoft KM-TEST loopback adapter....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vnc server windows 10