Windows 10: Voice activated apps

Discus and support Voice activated apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks I really hate the way these things are intruding into everybody's private spaces. I was recently in the UK travelling on "an exceedingly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Oct 12, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Voice activated apps

Hi folks

I really hate the way these things are intruding into everybody's private spaces.

I was recently in the UK travelling on "an exceedingly rare" vehicle -- an almost (but not quite) empty train carriage !!!!.

There was some ghastly person screaming at the top of his voice a whole slew of commands - obviously from some of those diabolical Indian / sub Asian call centres which want voice responses rather than keyboard commands -- so apart from the fact he was giving out to all and sundry that he was doing a 15,000 GBP / EUR transaction (around 17,000 USD I think currently), he screamed out his credit card type / bank , name, card number, expiry date and the CVC number. I hope he gets totally scammed --serves him right.

I really loathe those voice activated apps -- might be OK if in your own private space but out in public or even where you've got a few people all doing these things at the same time).

C'mon Windows developers --we don't all want to have to yell and scream at machines these days --what's wrong with a bit of respect for others and privacy.

Who needs to worry about computer security when all you need is a simple phone recorder to capture these types of details !!!!!!!!!

My motto is DEATH to CORTANA, ALEXA, BIXBY and all the rest of those nightmares.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 12, 2019
  2. MarvelArt Win User

Need Voice Recording App

Hi, guys, I need a voice recording app which can record clearly the voice of mine. So please anybody have any suggestion regarding it can please share it with me.

MarvelArt, Oct 12, 2019
  3. voice recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting you query in Microsoft Community Forums. You interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand your inconvenience. We are glad to help you.

Please share this with us:

• When you tell voice recognition what are you referring to?

• Are you referring to voice recorder or Windows speech recognition?

I would suggest you to run the run the inbuilt app troubleshooter.

Follow the steps:

• Press “Windows” + “X” and select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting and select View all on left hand side of the screen.

• Select the Windows Store App and follow the instruction to troubleshoot.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to assist you further. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Voice activated apps

1. Voice activated apps - Similar Threads - Voice activated apps

2. Voice Activation in Cortana

in Cortana
    Voice Activation in Cortana: is voice activation in Cortana still un available. [Original Title: Cortana] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-activation-in-cortana/2629accf-8014-4ed4-8543-ad46aa88dc27
  3. Cortana voice activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana voice activation: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home, no voice activation for Cortana, how do I upgrade to that version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-voice-activation/99ca1c46-d378-4fb2-8f00-25c549503ede
  4. Cortana Voice Activation

in Cortana
    Cortana Voice Activation: My windows build is 19041.504 I just updated to windows 10 2004 and cortana voice activation is unavalabile, and it s says that it will be avalabile in the future updates. My language is on US and i saw on youtube that this problem was fixed in 19041.329 build, but for me...
  5. how to activate cortana voice activation

in Cortana
    how to activate cortana voice activation: how to activate cortana voice activation * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: cortana releted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-cortana-voice-activation/f74cc3af-2f0d-4fce-9ff9-ad24025fa245
  6. Voice Recorder App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recorder App: I conducted an interview with Microsoft Teams and recorded the audio with the voice recorder app. I am unfamiliar with how the Teams recording function worked and figured the voice recorder work would still work. It did not. It captured my voice but not my interviewees'. Is...
  7. Cortana voice activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana voice activation: Hi guys, I am trying to activate cortana by saying "cortana" is not working, mic is ok, permission is given, other than this cortana is fully functioning, but when i am saying "cortana" it did nothing. If someone knows about this problem please help. submitted by...
  8. Voice activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Voice activation: When i reinstalled windows on my computer it seems like it now has some built in voice activation which it didn't have before. Does anyone know if this can be turned off or changed because currently it is very low and makes my microphone sound cut when I'm speaking. This has...
  9. voice activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    voice activated: Hi, I am hoping gain some knowledge in work with products that will become my voice as I type. I had to have a complete Laryngectomy approximately one month ago and has left me unable to speak at all. Hopefully this will not be forever as I still have treatments to do....
  10. Voice Activation Software

in Windows 10 Customization
    Voice Activation Software: I would like to transcribe a narration recorded on PowerPoint 365. I understand Windows has voice-activation software, but I don't know where to find it or how to use it. Help?...