Windows 10: Voice cancellation on headphones only

Discus and support Voice cancellation on headphones only in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, i'm running a weird issue with all my usb audio interfaces that occurred sinc the last win 10 update on feb 3 on my pc. . While the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HarrisHatzianestis, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Voice cancellation on headphones only

Hi,

i'm running a weird issue with all my usb audio interfaces that occurred sinc the last win 10 update on feb 3 on my pc.

While the sound (playback) through speakers its excellent, when i use headphones i get a very karaokish sound (no vocals), like a phase cancellation on vocals and most of bass frequencies.

That happens in all applications ( music playback, gaming, youtube etc)

Headphones and audio interface along with cables tested on my wifes pc and are ok.

Reinstalled both interface and usb drivers with no luck.

Tried on another usb port with the same results

Tested audio interface on another pc and its working flawlessly.

Tested my wifes audio interface and i get the same issue

Audio enhancements are off.

No 5.1 or 7.1 is selected

When i set the balance through win10 settings to 0/100 (left/right or vise versa) i get correct sound but its mono not stereo,

When i move the balance slider towards 100 i get that progressively phase cancellation on vocals and on most bass frequencies.

The weird think its that with on board sound card i have no issues.

It looks like the sound output signal somehow its fed back to the input and causing this phase cancellation.

Audio interface its ok as well as headphones jacks etc..drivers are ok updated also. And checked on another pc with no issues

I'm running out of ideas here.

Can anyone help?

:)

HarrisHatzianestis, Feb 8, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Creative Announces HN-900 Noise-Canceling Headset

Creative Technology Ltd today announced the new Creative HN-900 noise-canceling headphones, a set of full-size active noise-canceling headphones that can reduce ambient noise by up to 85% and comes with a detachable cable with in-line microphone for voice communication on the iPhone.

Shut out the din in the air cabin or make clear voice calls on the iPhone with the Creative HN-900 noise-canceling headphones. The concealed microphones in the ear-cups pick up surrounding noises and these are electronically negated, effectively reducing the noise by up to 85%. With the absence of unwanted sound, the finely-tuned 40mm Neodymium drivers allow details of music or entertainment to be revealed.

Voice cancellation on headphones only 154a_thm.jpg

Voice cancellation on headphones only 154b_thm.jpg

Voice cancellation on headphones only 154c_thm.jpg

The Creative HN-900's audio cable also comes with an in-line microphone and switch for a convenient one-click call function for voice communication on the iPhone. This cable can be detached from the headphones and the noise-canceling feature turned on - great for times when users want a quiet and peaceful rest. If the headphones run out of battery power, they can still be used in the passive mode without the noise-cancellation function.

The Creative HN-900 is a solid performer, ensuring a quiet backdrop for users' entertainment and communication needs.

Key Features of the Creative HN-900 Noise-Canceling Headphones
    • Effective ambient noise reduction by up to 85%
    • The headphones cable comes with gold-plated plugs that are compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod and most media players for music support. The detachable cable also comes with in-line microphone and switch for a convenient one-click call function for voice calls on the iPhone
    • Powerful 40mm Neodymium magnet drivers produce superior music listening experience & voice calls
    • Dual-mode usage allows the headphones to serve as active noise-cancellation function for up to 40 hours by a single AAA alkaline battery or in passive mode without power
    • Comes with airplane adapter for in-flight entertainment
    • Compact flat-fold design ideal for business trips and vacations
    Technical Specifications of the Creative HN-900 Noise-Canceling Headphones
    Headphones:
    • 40 mm Neodymium magnet drivers
    • Frequency Response of 20Hz ~ 20kHz
    • Noise Reduction Level of -18dB (85%)
    • Impedance of 290ohms*
    • Sensitivity at 1kHz of 100dB/mW*
    Microphone:
    • Type of Omni-directional
    • Frequency Response of 100Hz ~ 10kHz
    • Impedance of <2.2kohms
    • Sensitivity at 1kHz of -38dBV/Pa
    General:
    • Cable length of 1.5m detachable with inline microphone
    • Battery life of up to 40 hours from 1 x AAA alkaline battery. Duration may vary depending on temperature and condition of use
    • Product weight of 168 grams
    * Specifications measured in active Noise Cancellation mode
    Pricing and Availability
    The Creative HN-900 noise-canceling headphones will be available at the online store at creative.com/shop in Asia and authorised dealers in Asia from end Nov 2011 onwards at the suggested retail price of US $99.99.

btarunr, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Noise cancelling headphones - advice please

Hi,
    I'm new here and not too technically savvy...
    I have some decent over-the-ear headphones with a USB connection.
    Can I use them somehow as noise cancelling headphones?
    Either plug into my pc and somehow access noise cancelling 'sound,' ... and/or plug them into something else that's portable?
    I'm happy to insert silicone earplugs as well.
    Mainly I'd like to just block out the noise from the TV when I'm on the computer.
    Any suggestions much appreciated!
    (If I have to buy something, as cheap as possible would help! *Smile Voice cancellation on headphones only :)
    Thanks,
    Cheers,
    Richard

Richard92024, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Voice cancellation on headphones only

Bluetooth Headphones only connect to voice and music

Today my headphones started to only use voice and music, when yesterday [the day i got them] they did all noise. I have re paired the headphones to the computer, remove and re add them to the computer list, and remove the computer from the headphones bluetooth
    list. Everytime I reconnect them they just say connected to voice and music.

GladiatorGator, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Voice cancellation on headphones only

1. Voice cancellation on headphones only - Similar Threads - Voice cancellation headphones

2. Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones "Connected Voice" only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones "Connected Voice" only: Good time of the day everyone. Each time when I try to connect my bluetooth headphones, windows refuses to connect them properly and connects them as if they were a microphone. Headphones are perfectly working on my phone. I tried reinstalling drivers but it did not help. I...
  3. Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones "Connected Voice" only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones "Connected Voice" only: Good time of the day everyone. Each time when I try to connect my bluetooth headphones, windows refuses to connect them properly and connects them as if they were a microphone. Headphones are perfectly working on my phone. I tried reinstalling drivers but it did not help. I...
  4. Bluetooth headphones connect as music only, not as voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones connect as music only, not as voice: Hi,I have tried this with several Bluetooth devices with a microphone, but Windows connects to them for output only, not input. In this example, the Mpow Bluetooth 5.0 headphones are connected for music only, even though the icon shows headphonesWhy wouldn't Windows recognize...
  5. Bluetooth headphones will only connect for voice but not sound

Bluetooth headphones will only connect for voice but not sound: I have researched this problem extensively and spent hours trying to resolve it as others have suggested but cannot get my bluetooth headphones to connect for sound. When paired, the sound still plays through my laptop speakers. Here is what I have done to try to fix this...
  6. Bluetooth headphone only connects to voice ?

Bluetooth headphone only connects to voice ?: I had been using Boat Rockers 480 V2 Bluetooth 5.0 headphone. When I tried to connect it to my laptop the device connected as voice only, I cant use the device as a playback device. I connected the same device to a different laptop and it pairs as voice and music. I have...
  7. Bluetooth headphones only connected as "voice"

Bluetooth headphones only connected as "voice": Every time I try to connect any Bluetooth headphone to my computer it will only connect initially as "voice" with no stereo option available. Thus my computer will not play music at high quality for some time. After multiple restarts and deleting the device from the computer...
  8. Cowin Se7 headphones only recognized as a voice device

Cowin Se7 headphones only recognized as a voice device: I have a Cowin SE7 bluetooth headset that I love. It worked with my Windows 10 device (Surface Pro 4) for about a week before my Surface stopped recognizing it as an audio device. I have "driver error" listed under all of my bluetooth audio devices now, and it doesn't list...
  9. Headphones are only showing up as "voice"

Headphones are only showing up as "voice": My bluetooth headphones only show up as "voice". So there's only a hands-free and no stereo option available. Tried out all of those steps, none worked....
  10. Voice cancellation on headphones only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Voice cancellation on headphones only: Hi, i'm running a weird issue with all my usb audio interfaces that occurred sinc the last win 10 update on feb 3 on my pc. . While the sound (playback) through speakers its excellent, when i use headphones i get a very karaokish sound (no vocals), like a phase cancellation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. voice cancellation windows 10

2. voice cancellation in windows 10

3. windows 10 sound phase cancellation

4. voice cancellation,
  5. windows 10 voice cancellation,
  6. voice cancellation windows 10 without software