Windows 10: Voice input needs internet message when already connected

Discus and support Voice input needs internet message when already connected in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all,I've been using Windows voice input Windows key + H quite successfully for several months. Today when I start it, it issues a message "You'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BudLoveall, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Voice input needs internet message when already connected

Hi all,I've been using Windows voice input Windows key + H quite successfully for several months. Today when I start it, it issues a message "You'll need the internet for this." I'm already connected to the internet and able to successfully navigate through the browser.I'm thinking it may have something to do with Windows update as this is the first time I'm using voice input since Windows updated the system with the 2022-08 Cumulative and Security Updates. Has anyone else encountered this issue and, if so, have a fix?Thanks,Bud Loveall

:)

BudLoveall, Aug 16, 2022

2. Audio voice message "Network connection failure"

Each time I boot Win 10 or wake it up from sleep an annoying voice message is heard saying "Network connection failure." It's a female voice with a British accent. This is followed by the same voice saying "Internet connection established."

How do I get rid of this?

I thought it may have come from Skype, but Task Manager does not show Skype running nor is it in the Start up list?

Please tell me how to determine which program is generating this annoying voice.

Thanks!

Sam Stamport, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    cortana wont connect to internet with voice command

Hi John,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Are you able to connect to internet in other application and browser?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and check if you are able to use Cortana.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

If the issue persists follow the Steps below.

Step 1: Run System File Checker scan and check if there are any system files missing or got corrupted. Refer the link below, for details.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Step 2: Try to perform a DISM command on the computer. Please follow the below link to know how to perform DISM in Windows.

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Do let us know if you are able to connect to connect to internet from Cortana through voice command. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 16, 2022
  4. jcaswell Win User

Voice input needs internet message when already connected

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Voice input needs internet message when already connected

1. Voice input needs internet message when already connected - Similar Threads - Voice input needs

2. Receiving error message for voice typing stating "not connected to internet" 0x800704cf...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Receiving error message for voice typing stating "not connected to internet" 0x800704cf...: Please repost your issues in Windows Feedback hub so we can get this escalated and fixed https://aka.ms/AAhr2d6Preciously published fixes prior to 9/2/2022 do not work...
  3. Receiving error message for voice typing stating "not connected to internet" 0x800704cf...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Receiving error message for voice typing stating "not connected to internet" 0x800704cf...: Please repost your issues in Windows Feedback hub so we can get this escalated and fixed https://aka.ms/AAhr2d6Preciously published fixes prior to 9/2/2022 do not work...
  4. Getting " You'll need the Internet for this" message when voice typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting " You'll need the Internet for this" message when voice typing: I am facing a problem with voice typing in Windows 11. I keep on getting a message " You'll need the Internet for this" even though the internet is connected . I would appreciate if someone can help. P.S. I don't remember making major PC changes or installing new software...
  5. Getting " You'll need the Internet for this" message when voice typing

Getting " You'll need the Internet for this" message when voice typing: I am facing a problem with voice typing in Windows 11. I keep on getting a message " You'll need the Internet for this" even though the internet is connected . I would appreciate if someone can help. P.S. I don't remember making major PC changes or installing new software...
  6. Voice input needs internet message when already connected

Voice input needs internet message when already connected: Hi all,I've been using Windows voice input Windows key + H quite successfully for several months. Today when I start it, it issues a message "You'll need the internet for this." I'm already connected to the internet and able to successfully navigate through the browser.I'm...
  7. False "NEED INTERNET CONNECTION FOR THIS " message on WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False "NEED INTERNET CONNECTION FOR THIS " message on WINDOWS 11: Since updating to windows 11 I am getting this error message that I am not connected to the internet when I try to click on the news and weather icon on the far left of my task bar on my desk top The error message reads "It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet....
  8. False "NEED INTERNET CONNECTION FOR THIS " message on WINDOWS 11

False "NEED INTERNET CONNECTION FOR THIS " message on WINDOWS 11: Since updating to windows 11 I am getting this error message that I am not connected to the internet when I try to click on the news and weather icon on the far left of my task bar on my desk top The error message reads "It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet....
  9. 'Needs to connect' message.

in Windows 10 Support
    'Needs to connect' message.: Windows 10...MS Edge. Need help for a family relation.......we can't visit at the moment! She gets a full screen message....similar:- "Needs to connect to a few more services. Sign in quality. Keeps your files more secure. etc etc etc Do it later........Correct now" I don't...
  10. The Voice Input And The Voice Output Are Gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Voice Input And The Voice Output Are Gone: So, I own a Lenovo Legion Y730 Gaming Laptop. Today I was just playing Counter Strike Global Offensive. My Discord Was Working All Fine. Then I decided to free some space. Then I used my ordinary Cleaner for Windows 10. Everything went well until i started playing Minecraft....