Windows 10: voice recognition - enable built-in microphone

Discus and support voice recognition - enable built-in microphone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to set up voice recognition on my new laptop, using built-in microphone. How do I turn on the built-in microphone?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MARCODEGAETANO, Jan 27, 2022.

1. voice recognition - enable built-in microphone

I want to set up voice recognition on my new laptop, using built-in microphone. How do I turn on the built-in microphone?

:)

MARCODEGAETANO, Jan 27, 2022

2. setting up microphone for speech recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are trying to setup speech recognition on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • When you say that “the box is grey and unresponsive”, where you are seeing this option?
    • Are you able to connect the microphone to the PC? (Does it show in Device Manager)

Meanwhile we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to setup the microphone.

Steps to set up a microphone: Before you set up Speech Recognition, make sure you've plugged the microphone into your PC so the following steps work.

1. Press Windows + Q or click on the Windows Search.
    2. Enter Set up a microphone in the search box, and then tap or click
      Set up a microphone.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. Once you are able to setup the microphone and then check if it’s working.

You may also refer this article for additional help: Use voice recognition
    in Windows 10

If you are facing issues configuring microphone on your computer, I would suggest you to refer:

Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 27, 2022
  3. POLNISCH Win User
    Voice recognition

I want to use voice-recognition in Spanish, I installED Windows in Spanish, when I go to voice-recognition I can install the microphone and the reading comes in Spanish. However when I go to start voice-recognition, a message appears that the interface and the computer language I not the same. It instructs me to go to the main panel of accessibility -- voice-recognition ' advanced options, but the option for a Spanish-language is not available

POLNISCH, Jan 27, 2022
  4. voice recognition - enable built-in microphone

How to use built in mic to use as mic for voice recognition for Windows 10?

While setting up voice recognition, Windows asks you to select out of two options, 'use built in mic' or 'set up mic'. I want to use the built in microphone for voice recognition. When you select Get Started, a pop up advises that you need to set up
    your microphone first, yet using your built in mic is given as an option to use. Please help. I want to use the built in microphone as the microphone for voice recognition. How do I do this?

AnnieGordon1, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

voice recognition - enable built-in microphone

1. voice recognition - enable built-in microphone - Similar Threads - voice recognition enable

2. voice recognition dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    voice recognition dictation: best tablet or chrome book/laptop to record audio dictation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition-dictation/88f9a4d4-2521-40e6-b32d-5a0c94118c1f
  3. voice recognition - enable built-in microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    voice recognition - enable built-in microphone: I want to set up voice recognition on my new laptop, using built-in microphone. How do I turn on the built-in microphone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition-enable-built-in-microphone/204c822e-88fb-417e-8d0d-bf454dab0e2e
  4. voice recognition

in Cortana
    voice recognition: i am from east Tennessee and have a pretty thick country accent. i have only had bad experiences with voice anything. would it help any for me to attempt to communicate? there are not a whole bunch of people who sound like me on here from my limited observation. i mean i am...
  5. Voice Recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Voice Recognition: Can you have voice recognition active in WORD, but not active in any other programs during the day? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition/a2500d07-c695-446a-9667-482179d79d25
  6. Voice recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Voice recognition: I wish to have voice recognition on this new Dell and have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition/d14385e1-a0cd-44a3-90d2-9460f642da76
  7. Voice Recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Voice Recognition: Hi I am unable to use windows voice recognition. I am in Australia. The program will not open because my interface language is different to the voice recognition system, and I am instructed to change this under advanced options. However I cannot get to advanced options....
  8. Problems with Microphone, and voice recognition applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with Microphone, and voice recognition applications: Hi, I use word recognition almost daily, and have Dragon Naturally Speaking installed on Windows 10. I use that & the app that comes with Win 10. About 2-3 weeks ago, I noticed that my dictation would go along 'as usual' for a sentence or two, and then just stop. If I...
  9. Voice Recognition in Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recognition in Cortana: The Voice Recognition in Cortana was working. I had to Restart my computer. It quit working. I re-installed my microphone but it still would not work. My microphone is located in my Monitor along with my Web Cam. Why did this happen? It was working fine and after Restart it...
  10. Voice recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice recognition: I want to use voice-recognition in Spanish, I installED Windows in Spanish, when I go to voice-recognition I can install the microphone and the reading comes in Spanish. However when I go to start voice-recognition, a message appears that the interface and the computer...