Windows 10: Voice Recognition in Cortana

Discus and support Voice Recognition in Cortana in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Voice Recognition in Cortana was working. I had to Restart my computer. It quit working. I re-installed my microphone but it still would not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JayTaunton, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Voice Recognition in Cortana

The Voice Recognition in Cortana was working. I had to Restart my computer. It quit working. I re-installed my microphone but it still would not work. My microphone is located in my Monitor along with my Web Cam. Why did this happen? It was working fine and after Restart it quit.

Jay Taunton

:)

JayTaunton, Jul 31, 2015

2. [WINDOWS 10] Cortana not using voice to respond

Cortana does not respond to voice commands. I can dictate messages on non Cortana voice recognition

markwentzel, Jul 31, 2015
  3. MikeT200 Win User
    Windows Speech Recognition is lousy in Windows 10

Anthonywinrt,

I understand what you are saying. I will try to clarify the situation further as I think that there may still be some misunderstanding.

I do not have or use Windows 10 on a mobile device (e.g. smartphone).

I use Windows 10 on a laptop.

Cortana on thelaptop is passable at voice recognition. Thanks to your point Anthonywinrt, and after a quick test I believe it is performing voice
    recognition "online" as you suggest that it does for a mobile device. I.e. it cannot recognise sentences without a network connection that it
    can recognise with a network connection. With no network connection, Cortana states "something has gone wrong".

Microsoft Speech Recognition app on the
    laptop in conjunction with MS Word is useless at speech recognition. It, I believe, performing voice recognition "offline".

Based on the issues I have with Windows 10 on a laptop, I certainly would not venture out and spend any money trying Windows 10 mobile on a mobile device.

I have an Android phone which is very good at voice recognition and can of course use that along the lines that you suggest to perform the voice recognition task and then I can email accross the resulting text to my laptop.

There is a risk that if all the people you mention who can't achieve voice recognition on their non-mobile Windows 10 devices used a Windows 10 mobile device for voice recognition, that Microsoft would still have the issue of finding the servers to do the
    voice recognition work.

Sammypos suggested that Microsoft could distribute the voice recognition module (used by Cortana) to run on laptops, PCs, tablets etc.
    Why not Microsoft Support guys? If you can't afford a centralised server based solution, then distributing the software to run on the remote devices is the alternative.

MikeT200, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Voice Recognition in Cortana

1. Voice Recognition in Cortana - Similar Threads - Voice Recognition Cortana

2. voice recognition dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    voice recognition dictation: best tablet or chrome book/laptop to record audio dictation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition-dictation/88f9a4d4-2521-40e6-b32d-5a0c94118c1f
  3. voice recognition dictation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    voice recognition dictation: best tablet or chrome book/laptop to record audio dictation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition-dictation/88f9a4d4-2521-40e6-b32d-5a0c94118c1f
  4. voice recognition

in Cortana
    voice recognition: i am from east Tennessee and have a pretty thick country accent. i have only had bad experiences with voice anything. would it help any for me to attempt to communicate? there are not a whole bunch of people who sound like me on here from my limited observation. i mean i am...
  5. "Voice Recognition" using Cortana

in Cortana
    "Voice Recognition" using Cortana: Hello Does Cortana give you API access for "Voice Recognition" Voice ID? I would like to authenticate my customers using Cortana. Thanks & Regards Deepak...
  6. Voice Recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Voice Recognition: Can you have voice recognition active in WORD, but not active in any other programs during the day? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition/a2500d07-c695-446a-9667-482179d79d25
  7. Voice recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Voice recognition: I wish to have voice recognition on this new Dell and have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition/d14385e1-a0cd-44a3-90d2-9460f642da76
  8. Voice Recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Voice Recognition: Hi I am unable to use windows voice recognition. I am in Australia. The program will not open because my interface language is different to the voice recognition system, and I am instructed to change this under advanced options. However I cannot get to advanced options....
  9. Cortana voice recognition on button click

Cortana voice recognition on button click: Hi everyone, I recently upgraded my media center to Windows 10, because I wanted to use Cortana. Basically, what I want to do is, press a button on my remote and then "talk" to Cortana. However I cannot find any hotkey, that essentially does the click on the "listen"...
  10. Voice recognition

Voice recognition: I want to use voice-recognition in Spanish, I installED Windows in Spanish, when I go to voice-recognition I can install the microphone and the reading comes in Spanish. However when I go to start voice-recognition, a message appears that the interface and the computer...