Windows 10: Voice Recorder App not working

Discus and support Voice Recorder App not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't get my Voice Recorder app to launch on Windows 10. My PC recognizes my mike, and I have downloaded the Voice recorder App, but the app refuses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Philip Badler, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Voice Recorder App not working

I can't get my Voice Recorder app to launch on Windows 10. My PC recognizes my mike, and I have downloaded the Voice recorder App, but the app refuses to move from the title page, which is simply the icon of the mike. When I hit Control R to record, nothing happens. I wonder if my PC is too old to support? I have a Dell Inspiron 518, Core 2 Quad, 4 GHz, 2xMB purchased in 2008.

:)

Philip Badler, Feb 11, 2020
  2. MarvelArt Win User

Need Voice Recording App

Hi, guys, I need a voice recording app which can record clearly the voice of mine. So please anybody have any suggestion regarding it can please share it with me.

MarvelArt, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Vicky Acs Win User
    can't find voice recorder in Win10

Hi,

We suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the app. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Powershell in search box.
    • Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder * | remove-appxpackage

4. Re-install the
    Window Voice Recorder
    app from the Windows Store.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vicky Acs, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Voice Recorder App not working

Voice Recorder

Hello Linda,

Issues with Windows 10 apps can usually be fixed by running the troubleshooter for Windows apps. To do that, you may refer to the link below:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

If the problem persists, you may try to reinstall Voice Recorder by doing the following:

• Type in Powershell in the search field and hit Enter.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Click on Yes.
    • In the PowerShell box, type in or copy and paste Get-AppxPackage *soundrecorder* | Remove-AppxPackage, and press Enter.
    • Once Voice Recorder is uninstalled, open the Store app, download, and install Voice Recorder.

Also, we suggest that you refer to the troubleshooting steps for fixing Cortana and Start menu on the link below:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Voice Recorder App not working

1. Voice Recorder App not working - Similar Threads - Voice Recorder App

2. Camera App and Voice Recorder Don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Camera App and Voice Recorder Don't work: So In the windows 10 21h1 update my Camera App and Voice Recorder Don't work So I tried all of the tricks by nothing happened so can anyone help me here is the screenshot...
  3. Voice Recording app not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Voice Recording app not working: Hi! I tried using my voice recording app today and to my surprise I was greeted with the message: "microphone not connected" in bright red letters. I have played around with the settings, troubleshooted, and I am at a loss of why suddenly the app isn't working. It was...
  4. Voice recorder internal not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Voice recorder internal not working.: Hi, I have been trying to get my internal microphone to work but have not been able to for some time. I think the late September or early Oct 2020 Microsoft update caused the issue. The audio works fine but when I am trying to make Zoom calls or make a recording it says I...
  5. Windows Voice Recorder not working

Windows Voice Recorder not working: I downloaded Windows Voice Recorder Version 10.2010.80 to my Windows 10 computer and to my Android cellphone. The download and install seemed OK however on my PC it only stays on the screen for a few seconds; on my cellphone it loads but the screen bounces and when I press...
  6. Voice Recorder App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recorder App: I conducted an interview with Microsoft Teams and recorded the audio with the voice recorder app. I am unfamiliar with how the Teams recording function worked and figured the voice recorder work would still work. It did not. It captured my voice but not my interviewees'. Is...
  7. Voice Recording

Voice Recording: I have been recording meetings with Voice Recorder, am now trying to listen to these recordings but unable to hear any sound. I can hear prior recordings. I played around and figured that the microphone input made the difference. Is there anyway to retrieve the sound in...
  8. MS Voice Recorder not working

MS Voice Recorder not working: I use MS Voice Recorder occasionally and it used to work great. But now, it stops working. When I called up the recorder and clicked on the record button, it greyed out and all the file information are not there. I tried reset and it didn't work. The last resort is to...
  9. voice recorder not working

voice recorder not working: voice recorder not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recorder-not-working/2042ace5-7ad2-4382-a18f-e245b88618ee
  10. Bluetooth headset not working in voice recorder app

Bluetooth headset not working in voice recorder app: I use a Bluetooth headset for listening musics, talk in Skype etc. Mic of Bluetooth headset is working fine in Skype as person in opposite side can hear my voice. It also works for Cortona. But, I can't hear anything from Voice Recorder app after recording my sound using the...