Windows 10: Voice Recorder: "Autosaved File Deleted" Message

Discus and support Voice Recorder: "Autosaved File Deleted" Message in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been using the very useful Voice Recorder for several weeks, and earlier today it worked fine, but I just tried to make a recording and got this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by beau, Jul 29, 2017.

1. beau Win User

Voice Recorder: "Autosaved File Deleted" Message

I've been using the very useful Voice Recorder for several weeks, and earlier today it worked fine, but I just tried to make a recording and got this message: "We couldn't save this recording. It looks like the autosaved file was deleted before you finished recording it."

Voice Recorder: "Autosaved File Deleted" Message [​IMG]

I rebooted but the problem persists.

:)

2. the autosave doesn't work

When I use the voice recorder app, I can't play the recording and get a message saying that the autosaving didn't work

monasalman, Jul 29, 2017
  3. Receives error: This format isn't fully supported" on microphone.

Here is a way to get the error message displayed every time:

• Launch Voice Recorder and start it recording
    • Manually end the SoundRec.exe task from Task Manager Details tab
    • Re-open Voice Recorder
    The recording is there shown as autosaved but with the message "This format isn't fully supported".

Now whilst I appreciate that ending the task is a pretty drastic action, the autosaved recording works perfectly so not sure why it says the format isn't supported. I don't know the in-depth details of the m4a format but maybe there is a header field that
    says "This file should be NN bytes long" but because the recording wasn't finished cleanly, the file size on disk doesn't match.

Are Microsoft IT support engineers not able to communication with the development team because asking them the conditions in which this error is displayed would quickly answer the question? I'm not expecting a quick answer on this Voice Recorder: "Autosaved File Deleted" Message :)

Whilst the above is a drastic action it isn't unknown - imagine recording a
    very
    important meeting and your laptop crashes. To loose the recording would be a disaster! So I'm very pleased that Voice Recorder writes the recording straight to disk so it can be recovered.

NOTE: whilst this "crash" scenario is drastic, I have ended up with the same error message in normal testing, i.e. not crashing the task. That's just one way to create the error message.

Rob Nicholson (Home), Jul 29, 2017
  4. beau Win User

Seemed to resolve itself with a cold boot.

Thema:

1. Voice Recorder: "Autosaved File Deleted" Message - Similar Threads - Voice Recorder Autosaved

2. voice recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    voice recording: Hi i need to be able to record a 90 min piece of audio - a telephone conversation taking place on a landline on loud speaker I have no smartphone & wouldnt know how to use one if i had access to one, i'm more comfortable using laptop to do things.I wont need to edit it as its...
  3. voice recordings

in Windows 10 Customization
    voice recordings: i can make 5-20 minute recordings but when i email them the recordings are not attatched or cannot be opened. everything on my end looks like it is attatched, sending via email...
  4. voice recorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    voice recorder: hi, i tried to record something the other day but when i play it back all i hear is static and some times nothing at all, so i enabled stero mix and made it my default device in the sound setting still didnt work but it does pick up output sounds from the computer like when...
  5. Voice Recording

Voice Recording: I have been recording meetings with Voice Recorder, am now trying to listen to these recordings but unable to hear any sound. I can hear prior recordings. I played around and figured that the microphone input made the difference. Is there anyway to retrieve the sound in...
  6. No sound on voice recorder file

No sound on voice recorder file: Hi I used voice recorder to record a meeting using my laptop and the internal microphone. The file is available and saved but when I play it I can't hear any sound. Please advise...
  7. Voice rEcorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Voice rEcorder: Hi. Every so often, we’re given online training to do through the federal government website at work. These trainings are essentially interactive PowerPoint presentations, which have audio recordings giving the “lecture” part of the training. While I’m able to use the Snip...
  8. Voice Recorder

Voice Recorder: There is 255 gigs free on the C drive and voice recorder is saying no more free space after 20 minutes of recording. Why will it not record more than that? why is it being limited/...
  9. Voice Recorder

Voice Recorder: Voice Recorder quality improved by eliminating high and low frequencies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recorder/41b8900d-8b9f-4f85-bd5e-55a26a93a651
  10. voice recorder

in Windows 10 Customization
    voice recorder: When I attempt to start the Voice Recorder app, the app opens to a blank 'white' colored window. No text of any type appears. pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recorder/5e183565-2c89-4afe-ab31-a59aa8a5346f