Windows 10: Voice Recorder not working in Windows 10

Discus and support Voice Recorder not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't get my Voice Recorder app to launch on Windows 10. My PC recognizes my mike, and I have downloaded the Voice recorder App, but the app refuses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Philandgail, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Voice Recorder not working in Windows 10

I can't get my Voice Recorder app to launch on Windows 10. My PC recognizes my mike, and I have downloaded the Voice recorder App, but the app refuses to move from the title page, which is simply the icon of the mike. When I hit Control R to record, nothing happens. I wonder if my PC is too old to support? I have a Dell Inspiron 518, Core 2 Quad, 4 GHz, 2xMB purchased in 2008.

:)

Philandgail, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Voice Recorder Flags Disappeared

Hi,

I realize the problem you are facing with the voice recorder.

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Are you using windows built-in voice recorder or any other 3rd party voice recorder application?

• If you are using Build in Windows recorder, how did you put the flag?
    If you are using built-in Windows recorder, there is no option to put a flag on recorded voice. Provide us the screenshot of recording interface with Flag.

Refer the steps given in the below link to provide us screenshots:

How to include a screenshot in your post

In case if you are using any 3rd party recorder, then I suggest you to contact the developer of the application for further help.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Win 10 Voice Recorder not working Error: wait a moment an try that again

Hi,

To narrow down the issue, please share the information requested below:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided by Aswin_Anand in the link below:

windows voice recorder not working in Windows 10

Keep us posted for further assistance regarding the issue.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Voice Recorder not working in Windows 10

Voice Recorder

Hello Linda,

Issues with Windows 10 apps can usually be fixed by running the troubleshooter for Windows apps. To do that, you may refer to the link below:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

If the problem persists, you may try to reinstall Voice Recorder by doing the following:

• Type in Powershell in the search field and hit Enter.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Click on Yes.
    • In the PowerShell box, type in or copy and paste Get-AppxPackage *soundrecorder* | Remove-AppxPackage, and press Enter.
    • Once Voice Recorder is uninstalled, open the Store app, download, and install Voice Recorder.

Also, we suggest that you refer to the troubleshooting steps for fixing Cortana and Start menu on the link below:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Voice Recorder not working in Windows 10

1. Voice Recorder not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Voice Recorder working

2. Windows 10 Voice recorder not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Voice recorder not working: Hi, I some time use Windows 10 voice recorder but I noticed today when I opened after three weeks, it is not working.I have taken screen shots1. I opened voice recorder and clicked on the mic.2. A message says, Mic is not working.3. I checked enabled audio...
  3. Windows 10 Voice recorder not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Voice recorder not working: Hi, I some time use Windows 10 voice recorder but I noticed today when I opened after three weeks, it is not working.I have taken screen shots1. I opened voice recorder and clicked on the mic.2. A message says, Mic is not working.3. I checked enabled audio...
  4. Windows 10 Voice recorder not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Voice Recordings on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Voice Recordings on Windows 10: How do I save the recordings? There's nothing on the left side. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recordings-on-windows-10/9fa6201c-d5ab-44e5-9a77-b0351e22a95b
  6. Windows 10 Voice Recorder

Windows 10 Voice Recorder: I recently was upgraded to Windows 10 and I am very frustrated with the Voice Recorder. I used to be able to record phone conversations over the computer with the Windows 8 Sound Recorder. Now, I can only record either my voice or the computer...not both. This is a...
  7. Windows Voice Recorder not working

Windows Voice Recorder not working: I downloaded Windows Voice Recorder Version 10.2010.80 to my Windows 10 computer and to my Android cellphone. The download and install seemed OK however on my PC it only stays on the screen for a few seconds; on my cellphone it loads but the screen bounces and when I press...
  8. Recording voice in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recording voice in Windows 10: I am trying to record my reading some prose. Before Windows 10 the recording was in a .wav format, but is now in a .m4a. The results are not as good as it was with Windows 7. Is there a better way for me to record? Thanks a bunch, Uncle Dewey...
  9. voice recorder not working

voice recorder not working: voice recorder not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recorder-not-working/2042ace5-7ad2-4382-a18f-e245b88618ee
  10. Windows 10 Voice Recorder

Windows 10 Voice Recorder: While my Windows 10 Pro Voice Recorder seems to otherwise work okay (utilizing a 3.5mm mini phono cable) the recording volume is so weak that it's barely legible during playback, especially when I've used it to record telephone conversations. Is there some kind of inline...