Windows 10: Voice to text

Discus and support Voice to text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Gets stuck on "initialising" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-to-text/1ab5e96a-ed16-4d1c-8702-f03de447f51e Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mikecrivello, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Voice to text

Gets stuck on "initialising"

:)

Mikecrivello, Mar 2, 2021

2. Text to Voice Edge Replaement

I have been using the Edge Text to Voice tool. Much to my chagrin, I found today that it has been removed. I looked at a few on the extensions only one worked and it did not have the same functionality as the one that has been removed. In desperation and immediate need I installed the Text to Voice app. But very regrettable it requires a cut and pastd-and-it re-formats my letters into 40-column mode, to my chagrin.

I really liked the old one because could import a *.pdf of my work, listen to it, stop it to make corrections on the text version, run it forward and back, .....

This is a CRITICAL too for me when crafting professional letters.

Any suggestion for one that has the same functionality as the one Microsoft took out of Edge?

Know of one that works directly with LibreOffice Writer that does the same?

Thanks for any suggestions will be appreciated.

OP-1

mikeincousa, Mar 2, 2021
  3. enrix Win User
    word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice

Hello

I have enabled text to speech on Windows 10 and have selected MS David desktop voice and it seems to work fine when I test it however when I use text to speech on Word 2010 the voice is always that of MS Hazel desktop and I do not seem to be able to change it. Any suggestion?

Many thanks,

enrix, Mar 2, 2021
  4. grecinos Win User

Voice to text

How do you change the text to speech voice in a (Windows) vbscript?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a text to speech vbscript. The problem I'm having is that I can only select between 3 voices. I have 8 available in Windows 10.

Here is my code:

Code: set voice = CreateObject("SAPI.SpVoice") set voice.Voice = voice.GetVoices.Item(1) voice.Rate = 1 voice.Volume = 90 voice.Speak TextMessage[/quote] I get a vbs error message when I choose a number greater than 2 for the voice.GetVoices.Item(1) parameter.

Error: 0x80045039
    Code: 80045039
    Source: (null)

Any suggestions?

TIA,

grecinos

grecinos, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Voice to text

1. Voice to text - Similar Threads - Voice text

2. Voice to text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice to text: It is surprising to notice that Microsoft is using Google speech to text. I admire the cooperation of two giants. But Microsoft has good speech to text engine that it uses in one note. Why swiftkey is not utilizing it? * Changed to a discussion* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Voice to text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice to text: It is surprising to notice that Microsoft is using Google speech to text. I admire the cooperation of two giants. But Microsoft has good speech to text engine that it uses in one note. Why swiftkey is not utilizing it? * Changed to a discussion* Moved from Community Center...
  4. The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10: Hi,This started a while ago and it feels out of nowhere. I stream with a tts website open to read chat messages but suddenly, it stopped playing audio. At first I thought the website I was using was busted but no other tts site worked either. I then thought the tts on my pc...
  5. The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10: Hi,This started a while ago and it feels out of nowhere. I stream with a tts website open to read chat messages but suddenly, it stopped playing audio. At first I thought the website I was using was busted but no other tts site worked either. I then thought the tts on my pc...
  6. The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10

7. How to Fix? Voice access cannot click menu items or correct dictated text in certain...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Fix? Voice access cannot click menu items or correct dictated text in certain...: Hello,I have been running into an issue with the Voice Access Application. when using some applications, I am able to dictate what I want to write but if I use the "correct phrase" or "correct that" Commands I get the message the voice access cannot find the text even when...
  8. How to Fix? Voice access cannot click menu items or correct dictated text in certain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix? Voice access cannot click menu items or correct dictated text in certain...: Hello,I have been running into an issue with the Voice Access Application. when using some applications, I am able to dictate what I want to write but if I use the "correct phrase" or "correct that" Commands I get the message the voice access cannot find the text even when...
  9. How to Fix? Voice access cannot click menu items or correct dictated text in certain...

10. Windows Voice to text states a phrase doesn't exist but does recognize what I say.

Windows Voice to text states a phrase doesn't exist but does recognize what I say.: HelloI have a very specific example where the voice recognition actually recognizes what I say because I can see it in the banner but then still does not enter it in a word document because it says that phrase does not exist.for example when I wanted to copy paste something...