Windows 10: Voice Typing voice to text Giving me a strange message

Discus and support Voice Typing voice to text Giving me a strange message in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi All,I was hoping to try out Windows 11's voice typing feature and I am getting a strange message in almost every situation I try to use it. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DSMorris, May 9, 2022.

1. DSMorris Win User

Voice Typing voice to text Giving me a strange message

Hi All,I was hoping to try out Windows 11's voice typing feature and I am getting a strange message in almost every situation I try to use it. This is what the message says including when I try to use it on this very website:Windows 11 seems to be unable to recognize when my cursor is placed in a text box on any website in Firefox or Chrome. It also does not work for Notepad, Edge, or any other program I've tried Microsoft designed or not. The only time the feature does seem to work when I'm using the Windows Search function, through the magnifying glass on the Taskbar. Why? I don't know. Th

:)

DSMorris, May 9, 2022
  2. v12dock Win User

Google Voice

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Google Voice is now open to the public! So start making your free phone calls and text messaging within the United States and Canada for free!

v12dock, May 9, 2022
  3. LCRT Win User
    Voice Typing

I can't give you an exhaustive list of apps - no such thing exists.

the mail app also can compose emails via voice. an app I've worked on allows to enter written notes by voice.

for example, this is the type of code that devs would use to enable speech to text on their apps:

private async
    void ButtonSR_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

{

// Create an instance of SpeechRecognizerUI.

this.recoWithUI = new SpeechRecognizerUI();

// Start recognition (load the dictation grammar by default).

SpeechRecognitionUIResult recoResult = await recoWithUI.RecognizeWithUIAsync();

// Do something with the recognition result.

MessageBox.Show(string.Format("You said {0}.", recoResult.RecognitionResult.Text));

}

as you can see, this is not complicated at all. any app can use it. devs just choose to ignore it.

LCRT, May 9, 2022
  4. Voice Typing voice to text Giving me a strange message

how can you change the alert voice (text to speech) default?

Hi Rob,

Scroll down to 'Manage voices and click Add voices.

Voice Typing voice to text Giving me a strange message [​IMG]

Type English or other into 'Select a language below...'.

Voice Typing voice to text Giving me a strange message [​IMG]

And choose from the English options listed. I'm using winver 2004 in Canada, these are the options that are displayed on my PC.

W10 Tweaker, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Voice Typing voice to text Giving me a strange message

1. Voice Typing voice to text Giving me a strange message - Similar Threads - Voice Typing voice

2. Voice to text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice to text: It is surprising to notice that Microsoft is using Google speech to text. I admire the cooperation of two giants. But Microsoft has good speech to text engine that it uses in one note. Why swiftkey is not utilizing it? * Changed to a discussion* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Voice to text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice to text: It is surprising to notice that Microsoft is using Google speech to text. I admire the cooperation of two giants. But Microsoft has good speech to text engine that it uses in one note. Why swiftkey is not utilizing it? * Changed to a discussion* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Voice typing

Voice typing: There should be a command to start like hey voice typing and the button should be minimizable and there should be auto recognition mode for people who speak more than a language and it should support Arabic and there should be an option in right click options: start voice...
  5. Voice Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice Typing: When I use the voice typing feature on my laptop by pressing windows key + H, it pops up the Microsoft sign-in page and says "Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password." After I sign in, it just opens the sign-in page again when I press the...
  6. Voice Typing voice to text Giving me a strange message

Voice Typing voice to text Giving me a strange message: Hi All,I was hoping to try out Windows 11's voice typing feature and I am getting a strange message in almost every situation I try to use it. This is what the message says including when I try to use it on this very website:Windows 11 seems to be unable to recognize when my...
  7. Voice to text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Voice to text: Gets stuck on "initialising" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-to-text/1ab5e96a-ed16-4d1c-8702-f03de447f51e
  8. Voice to Text . . .

Voice to Text . . .: I'm looking, for a way. That when I speak. The words are typed, into a notepad document. I can talk to Alexa, and Cortana. Would that be a way, to type into Notepad? That way, creating a document. For a forum posting, would be easy. Or, would it take. A 3rd party app, to...
  9. voice typing

voice typing: please help on how to do voice typing in MS Word?? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-typing/a3301c02-542c-4dcb-9b4d-64006b04175c
  10. Voice to text

Voice to text: I was trying to get sound on my speakers, which ironically are working fine now. However, I somehow managed to activate the text to voice ability. Now everything I do and type (including this!!) has a guy telling me exactly what I am doing'! Please, please can someone...