Windows 10: voip vs skype

Discus and support voip vs skype in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; between skype and voip, which one would give an even more economical pricing for someone who wants to make unlimited long distance international phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by erika g, Apr 7, 2019.

1. erika g Win User

voip vs skype

between skype and voip, which one would give an even more economical pricing for someone who wants to make unlimited long distance international phone calls??? which one would be cheaper in the long run as far as unlimited long distance calls??? both use an internet connection but which one would prevail or override the other one? i live in central america and would like to call people the world over with unlimited minutes. wanna call argentina, canada, europe, japan, middle east,...

voip vs skype

erika g, Apr 7, 2019
  2. sudude Win User
    sudude, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Darksaber Win User
    Skype and US Robotics announce VoIP phone

Chicago (IL) - Skype VoIP phones packaged in a traditional handset form factor have been making their way into the market since early this year. The first generation has been somewhat pricey with manufacturers testing the mass-market appeal of such devices. Now we are seeing the first signs of diversification - US Robotics just announced a simple $25 Skype phone and Logitech a higher-end speakerphone.

voip vs skype usr_9602_thm.jpg

Skype claims to have hundreds of millions of users with multiple millions using the service as an alternative to their regular phone everyday. Skype or competing services such as Gizmo have left their geek status and are positioned well in the mainstream segment. But most Skypers are still using the regular Skype softphone in combination with a microphone and speakers or headsets. A new generation of Skype phones could change this scenario.

For the price of an entry level headset, you could also choose US Robotics' USR9602 USB Internet Mini Phone. The $25 device is not the prettiest phone you may have seen, but it promises to act more like a traditional phone for people who cannot or do not want to get used to a headset. The USR9602 resembles the look of a small cellphone with a cap covering the area where you normally would expect to find the screen of the phone. There is a keypad to dial regular phone numbers, but calling contacts by name is only supported through the softphone application.

US Robotics also offers a slightly larger phone that includes a display. The USR9601 device comes with a "bright, high-resolution" blue back-lit LCD screen that provides convenient access to contact and call status, and supports Skype caller ID. The USR9601 is priced at about $50. Logitech today announced its first products specifically targeted at the use of Skype. According to the manufacturer, the "Quick Call" USB speakerphone "delivers premium voice quality": The device uses two microphones - one on each side of the phone- and is able to capture sounds from a wider area in a room. Logitech claims that the phone eliminates the echo effect in Skype, which solves a common problem when the VoIP service is used with common PC speakers and microphones. The Quick Call phone will be available for about $100 in October.

Logitech also introduced a new keyboard which integrates a speakerphone and comes with a headset. The "EasyCall Desktop" will be available in mid-September for about $130.

Source: TG Daily

Darksaber, Apr 7, 2019
  4. voip vs skype

Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

voip vs skype

1. voip vs skype - Similar Threads - voip skype

2. Experiencing audio lag in VoIP & video calls on Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Experiencing audio lag in VoIP & video calls on Win 10: Hi people,Whenever I use zoom, WhatsApp or any internet call that includes audio, there is a considerable lag in the audio and that goes up to 5 seconds. So when I am listening to someone speak/any other kind of sound who are on the call, I cannot hear them at all for some...
  3. Experiencing audio lag in VoIP & video calls on Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing audio lag in VoIP & video calls on Win 10: Hi people,Whenever I use zoom, WhatsApp or any internet call that includes audio, there is a considerable lag in the audio and that goes up to 5 seconds. So when I am listening to someone speak/any other kind of sound who are on the call, I cannot hear them at all for some...
  4. Experiencing audio lag in VoIP & video calls on Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I Loose PC internet connection when sharing my wifi with VoIp phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Loose PC internet connection when sharing my wifi with VoIp phone: Hello, I have my Voip phone connected via Ethernet from my PC and to the phone and my PC is connected to wifi. I used to be able to just share the Wifi connection and have the phone and my internet work. Recently, when I share my wifi with the phone, the phone starts working,...
  6. I Loose PC internet connection when sharing my wifi with VoIp phone

I Loose PC internet connection when sharing my wifi with VoIp phone: Hello, I have my Voip phone connected via Ethernet from my PC and to the phone and my PC is connected to wifi. I used to be able to just share the Wifi connection and have the phone and my internet work. Recently, when I share my wifi with the phone, the phone starts working,...
  7. I Loose PC internet connection when sharing my wifi with VoIp phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. VOIP Call center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VOIP Call center: Hello everybody, hope you are all doing wellI have just got accepted to start working from home on a call center but im getting some problems. I login to the site trying to get started and i do not hear any of the calls that are coming. I do see them appear on the system, it...
  9. VOIP Call center

VOIP Call center: Hello everybody, hope you are all doing wellI have just got accepted to start working from home on a call center but im getting some problems. I login to the site trying to get started and i do not hear any of the calls that are coming. I do see them appear on the system, it...
  10. VOIP Call center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware