Windows 10: Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs

Discus and support Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Constant BSOD - Volmgr 161 followed by Kernel-Power 41.Laptop is an Asus GL703VD.Volmgr error from event viewer always comes from the same volume area... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Madcomm, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Madcomm Win User

Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs

Constant BSOD - Volmgr 161 followed by Kernel-Power 41.Laptop is an Asus GL703VD.Volmgr error from event viewer always comes from the same volume area according to the report.The first time this BSOD occured was a few days ago. \Device\HarddiskVolume4 000000000100000000000000A10004C000000400010000C000000000000000000000000000000000Kinda running at my wits' end here. The

:)

Madcomm, Oct 13, 2021

2. BSOD - volmgr 161, then Kernel-Power 41

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issue BSOD error. Please follow the below to fixes one by one to resolve the issue.

Fix #1:

Step 1:

Go to the search box next to the Windows icon and type CMD

Step 2:

Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator

Step 3:

Type msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic and press enter.

Step 4:

Click Next on the Hardware troubleshooter wizard.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Fix #2

Step 1:

Go to the search box next to the windows icon and type "Power & sleep settings"

Step 2:

Click on "Choose what the power buttons do" option

Step 3:

Now click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable".

Step 4:

Disable Turn off fast startup (recommended), Sleep, and Hibernate options. Click on the Save changes button.

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Kernal power 41 (61) id 161

Hello

So lately I have have this issue where my computer would unexpectedly restart without any information. This never happens when a game is running like battlefield 4 only and it occurs more often when chrome is open. When I go to event viewer it says "event
    critical kernel power 41 (63) id 161. When the computer restarts the mouse freezes and then the monitors turn off and the computer restarts. How could I fix this problem?

So far I tried:

• factory reset windows
    • check mnd dump
    -Szczepulec7

SzczepulecLetkiewicz, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs

Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs

1. Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs - Similar Threads - Volmgr 161 kernel

2. Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs: I bought custom build PC in August 2021 which was working completely fine till about last month when i started getting BSODs and when I looked into event error i found that Volmgr and Kernel Power 41 constant errors and critical event only while gaming at different times. I...
  3. Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs: I bought custom build PC in August 2021 which was working completely fine till about last month when i started getting BSODs and when I looked into event error i found that Volmgr and Kernel Power 41 constant errors and critical event only while gaming at different times. I...
  4. Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs

8. Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs: Constant BSOD - Volmgr 161 followed by Kernel-Power 41.Laptop is an Asus GL703VD.Volmgr error from event viewer always comes from the same volume area according to the report.The first time this BSOD occured was a few days ago. \Device\HarddiskVolume4...
  9. Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs

Volmgr 161, kernel power 41 constant BSODs: Constant BSOD - Volmgr 161 followed by Kernel-Power 41.Laptop is an Asus GL703VD.Volmgr error from event viewer always comes from the same volume area according to the report.The first time this BSOD occured was a few days ago. \Device\HarddiskVolume4...
  10. BSOD - volmgr 161, then Kernel-Power 41

BSOD - volmgr 161, then Kernel-Power 41: My computer has crashed twice this week with the BSOD. The unit is barely 3 weeks old. I'd bought a new computer because my older computer had the same exact issue. I'm using Windows 10 64-bit. Here are screenshots from the Event Manager. It looks like my system is not...