Windows 10: Volmgr 161

Discus and support Volmgr 161 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i've been expieriencing BSOD's quite often lately and i finally found that the event VOLMGR 161 is a cause of that. I'm using Lenovo Legion Y520... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Czerwiol, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Czerwiol Win User

Volmgr 161

Hi, i've been expieriencing BSOD's quite often lately and i finally found that the event VOLMGR 161 is a cause of that. I'm using Lenovo Legion Y520 and the event had following informations asigned:- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="volmgr" /> <EventID Qualifiers="49156">161</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <

:)

Czerwiol, Jan 18, 2022

2. Spontaneous 6008 eventlog error and volmgr 161 while playing poe

So before those errors occur there's 10 kernal events two of those are kernal generals. But none of those errors are exclamation marks. Just eventlog 6008 and volmgr 161.
    Kernel-boot: 153,18, 32, 20, 238, 25, 27,30. Kernel-general: 12, 20. And what heppens. Everything freezes and white screen sometimes starts to flicker. Sometimes instant restart heppens.
    No BSOD

EdvinasJurkus, Jan 18, 2022
  3. netdudeuk Win User
    Windows 10 1809 - slow shutdowns / volmgr errors (Event ID 161) since update

I installed the update yesterday (64 bit / i7-6700K CPU / 32GB RAM, enough free disc space) and since then I have had issues with shutdowns/reboots being very slow.

Amongst other things, I have -

• ran the Power Troubleshooter
    • ran SFC / SCANNOW
    • verified that \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management equals 0
    • ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • changed Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WaitToKillServiceTimeout to 0
    No issues were identified.

I also now see the following events logged in the System Event log -

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. - Source - volmgr / Event ID 161

Any ideas please ?

Thanks

netdudeuk, Jan 18, 2022
  4. nckbnnk Win User

Volmgr 161

Windows keeps crashing (Volmgr event 161)

Hello everyone,

Since a few days I have a lot of issues with my Windows 10 PC. When I'm using my PC it randomly restarts out of nowhere. I get no warning and I don't do heavy tasks when the error occurs. I don't think that there is a consistency either. For example I just
    got it 3 times in 15 - 20 minutes when surfing the web. But earlier today I was gaming (Battlefield V, so quite a heavy game) for 1.5 hours without a problem at all. The temperate of the CPU was under 60*C the whole time and the GPU reached 70*C at its top.

When I go to the event viewer I see a critical error (Windows restarted without cleaning it correcly) which is a logical error because it just shuts down from nowhere. And just before that I get: Volmgr with event 161. I can't find a log that goes into more
    details.

Is this a known issue or does someone know why this happens and what I can try? Is it possible that I can fix this with a factory reset?

Specs:

Asus Strix GTX 970

Ryzen 2600X

16GB DDR4

nckbnnk, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Volmgr 161

1. Volmgr 161 - Similar Threads - Volmgr 161

2. Frequently BSOD Windows 11 - Volmgr 161

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequently BSOD Windows 11 - Volmgr 161: Hello guys!I have a lot of BSOD, the reason code is different. A few weeks I reinstalled the Windows, but it did not helped. Every driver is up to date.1 year ago I ran a memory test, it did not indicate any error. But I now read the created minidump file and I conclude that...
  3. Frequently BSOD Windows 11 - Volmgr 161

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequently BSOD Windows 11 - Volmgr 161: Hello guys!I have a lot of BSOD, the reason code is different. A few weeks I reinstalled the Windows, but it did not helped. Every driver is up to date.1 year ago I ran a memory test, it did not indicate any error. But I now read the created minidump file and I conclude that...
  4. How do I stop my PC from crashing kernel power 41 and volmgr 161

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop my PC from crashing kernel power 41 and volmgr 161: I’ve had my PC for about 4.5 years now, and I’ve only ever had the power supply replaced. I can’t use my computer for more than hour or play one round of a game before it freezes and forces me to restart my computer. Have tried so many things and nothing has worked. Like I...
  5. How do I stop my PC from crashing kernel power 41 and volmgr 161

How do I stop my PC from crashing kernel power 41 and volmgr 161: I’ve had my PC for about 4.5 years now, and I’ve only ever had the power supply replaced. I can’t use my computer for more than hour or play one round of a game before it freezes and forces me to restart my computer. Have tried so many things and nothing has worked. Like I...
  6. How do I stop my PC from crashing kernel power 41 and volmgr 161

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. volmgr 161 + kernel power 41 error while playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volmgr 161 + kernel power 41 error while playing game: My computer restarts randomly while gaming. When checking the event viewer, I noticed these two events "Volmgr 161 and kernel-power 41".I would appreciate any help.Windows 11 Home, 10.0.22621 Build 22621Intel CPU, NVIDIA graphicsLogs:...
  8. volmgr 161 + kernel power 41 error while playing game

volmgr 161 + kernel power 41 error while playing game: My computer restarts randomly while gaming. When checking the event viewer, I noticed these two events "Volmgr 161 and kernel-power 41".I would appreciate any help.Windows 11 Home, 10.0.22621 Build 22621Intel CPU, NVIDIA graphicsLogs:...
  9. Random and Frequent BSODs During Gaming. Volmgr 161, BCC 239, BCC 59.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random and Frequent BSODs During Gaming. Volmgr 161, BCC 239, BCC 59.: So my computer has been crashing recently. It seems to freeze and then BSOD whenever I ask it to do anything too demanding. It crashes in Warzone somewhat randomly although it seems to occur more often at major loading points leaving the game, entering gulag, etc.. It will...
  10. Random and Frequent BSODs During Gaming. Volmgr 161, BCC 239, BCC 59.

Random and Frequent BSODs During Gaming. Volmgr 161, BCC 239, BCC 59.: So my computer has been crashing recently. It seems to freeze and then BSOD whenever I ask it to do anything too demanding. It crashes in Warzone somewhat randomly although it seems to occur more often at major loading points leaving the game, entering gulag, etc.. It will...