Windows 10: volume 1 changed to volume 2 the one i use system boot drive how i recover the disk before...

Discus and support volume 1 changed to volume 2 the one i use system boot drive how i recover the disk before... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; volume 1 changed to volume 2 the one i use system boot drive how i recover the disk before it was data modified corrupted data is there a software to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sanyijani, Jul 30, 2021.

1. sanyijani Win User

volume 1 changed to volume 2 the one i use system boot drive how i recover the disk before...

volume 1 changed to volume 2 the one i use system boot drive how i recover the disk before it was data modified corrupted data is there a software to restore the disk or volume backup storage volume the disk number letters [a7b54vf] something

:)

sanyijani, Jul 30, 2021
  2. nanohead Win User

Changing the system volume drive letter safe?

It depends. Need some more information. Is your boot volume c: ? If so, then others can be changed around as needed, but there may be collateral damage. Usually, if there are pointers set in the registry, as long as you use the storage management plugin to change the drive letter assignments, most things should work.

Trouble comes in the form of applications that keep file system information (folders, path names, etc) in files that are stored in directories during installation. Those usually cannot be changed easily, unless you know that they are there and where they are....

What drive letters are you trying to change specifically, and what is the operating system

nanohead, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Mark7805 Win User
    Changing the system volume drive letter safe?

Ever since I reformated, my drive letters have changed besides C:\ and I would like to change back the other 2 drive letters.(One being the system volume letter) just so the programs I use to have still work. Is this safe? What are some negatives?

Mark7805, Jul 30, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

volume 1 changed to volume 2 the one i use system boot drive how i recover the disk before...

MBR of RAID volume overwritten, OS fails to boot. Help.

I've screwed up, big time.

My machine has a RAID 0 of two 500GB drives. The resulting volume stores my Windows XP installation. Its contents are vital. I installed an additional 80GB IDE HDD to install Kubuntu. During Kubuntu's setup, those 500GB drives were displayed as is, and not as the resulting volume. I was able to make sure the right drive (hdc, that 80 GB HDD) was partitioned and formatted, but the grand screwup came where in the "finalise" step, you have to specify where the boot-loader has to be installed. This option was hidden in a seperate dialog that comes up on clicking an "advanced" button somewhere. Well...the installer wrote the boot loader to (hda), the first member of the RAID 0 volume, when the installer doesn't recognise the volume itself and only its member disks.

Windows doesn't boot, neither does Kubuntu (shows Grub error 15). I need a way to recover data from the volume. I'm hoping the volume's contents are intact, though its MBR is gone. How do I boot Windows?

I can't use a WinXP boot floppy made from another system, since the boot floppy won't recognise a RAID volume. Should I boot the machine with the Windows XP install CD + AHCI driver floppy and install the OS without formatting the volume, so at least I could safely move my files to another drive even if the resulting OS is unstable? Ideas please.

btarunr, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

1. volume 1 changed to volume 2 the one i use system boot drive how i recover the disk before... - Similar Threads - volume changed volume

2. I have 2 Windows 11 in one volume...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 Windows 11 in one volume...: The topic says everything. With this my pc keeps crashing and sometimes I get a blue screen and I think this is the cause. Since both of them are in the same volume I can't delete one, can I? Do I have to format everything and reinstall windows or is there any other reason...
  3. I have 2 Windows 11 in one volume...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 2 Windows 11 in one volume...: The topic says everything. With this my pc keeps crashing and sometimes I get a blue screen and I think this is the cause. Since both of them are in the same volume I can't delete one, can I? Do I have to format everything and reinstall windows or is there any other reason...
  4. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk: CC There is a thing between unallocated and C drive, is there a master know how to delete it, I want to expand C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-volume-between-an-extended/64b225f3-786f-4555-a0b1-42338919d993
  5. Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes?: Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes? I have 2 Windows 10 on 1 volume and asking if it’s alright to do that....
  6. Boot drive volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Boot drive volume: The bootc: drive on my computer has an allocated volume of 97.1 GB, out of which only 10.2 GB is free. Is this enough or should I extend it's volume? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-drive-volume/6ccde54a-5a8f-495e-af12-25cd044a2e16
  7. How do I convert Disk 0 which has the boot volume and the system reserved one from dynamic...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I convert Disk 0 which has the boot volume and the system reserved one from dynamic...: My final goal is to merge Disk 0 and Disk 1 so that I don't struggle managing C: and D:, and just C:. But I'm unable to do it in Windows 10 Disk Manager or Command Prompt since I can't delete the Boot Partition and the System reserved one. I tried 3 other **** Disk Management...
  8. Windows 10 booting problem - volume letters changed, system and boot volumes not assigned

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 booting problem - volume letters changed, system and boot volumes not assigned: Hello Microsoft Community, Yesterday 4/5/2021 I encountered a problem when booting Windows 10 on my PC. I saw the initial BIOS screen and after a few seconds a black screen occured. I was so surprised because on the same day morning everything was working fine and the...
  9. How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0?: How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-combine-disk-1-and-disk-0-or-how-take-the/3eed52f7-3b97-42c9-af39-f5b6a9afccc7
  10. Volume 2 volume control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume 2 volume control: How can I eliminate the screen that pops up late in the boot process, asking for permission to make changes to my system? Thanks, **** Herald https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-2-volume-control/875c84d6-3e38-4a5b-ab5b-fa0e608b85ae