Windows 10: Volume 4 FAT32 SYSTEM

Discus and support Volume 4 FAT32 SYSTEM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; During the installation of Ubuntu I have a done a lot of mistakes and the boot of windows 10 was lost. In the process of fixing it up using CMD I came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Madhav Sankar G, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Volume 4 FAT32 SYSTEM

During the installation of Ubuntu I have a done a lot of mistakes and the boot of windows 10 was lost.

In the process of fixing it up using CMD I came to formatting Volume 4 FAT32 SYSTEM.

As I was following through the procedure as in

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-bootrec-fixboot-access-is-denied/747c4180-7ff3-4bc2-b6cc-81e572d546df

I was unable to complete the step because when I pressed the " \" key the "#" was printed on the CMD.

Now the " BOOT Device Not Found " message is shown

Is there solution for this other than full windows install?

:)

Madhav Sankar G, Jan 30, 2021
  2. kenkickr Win User

FAT32 formatting

If you can plug the drive into a XP system you can partition and format to FAT32 through Drive Configuration. Heres the steps

1. Click Start and go to your control panel

2. Go into Administrative Tools and then open up Computer Management

3. Now click on Disk Management that is located under Storage.

On the right you should see your drive that you want to format to FAT32. Just right click the drive, select format, and switch partition to Fat32. You may need to delete the volume if it will not let you change to Fat32 and then repartition. I have used this many times.

kenkickr, Jan 30, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Windows Couldn't update the system reserved partition

What is your operating system version and build?

What troubleshooting steps have you made?

Open administrative command prompt and run: C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther

Search for these log files and post with onedrive or a cloud link.
    setupact.log
    setuperr.log

In administrative command prompt run:

1) diskpart
    2) list disk
    3) select volume 0
    4) list volume
    5) select volume 1
    6) list partition
    7) select volume 2
    8) list partition
    9) select volume 3
    10) list partition
    11) select volume 4
    12) list partition
    13) exit

Please copy and paste into the post.

zbook, Jan 30, 2021
  4. rossi789 Win User

Volume 4 FAT32 SYSTEM

Unmountable boot volume

Well it took a long time to get to cmd and just as long try and upload a picture from my phone. You know when its just been one of those days?

Anyway, I've typed out the result below.

DISKPART > List disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt

Disk 0 Online 698 GB 0 B *
    Disk 1 Online 7651 MB 0 B *

DISKPART > select disk 0
    Disk 0 is now selected.
    DISKPART > list volume

Volume 0 E DVD ROM 0B No Media
    Volume 1 C RAW Partition 698GB Healthy
    Volume 2 Recovery NTFS Partition 450MB Healthy Hidden
    Volume 3 FAT32 Partition 100MB Healthy Hidden
    Volume 4 D ESD-ISO FAT32 Removable 7649MB Healthy

list part

Partition 1 Recovery 450MB 1024MB
    Partition 2 System 100MB 451MB
    Partition 3 Reserved 16MB 551MB
    Partition 4 Primary 698GB 567MB

I will look into your post now, axe0

rossi789, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Volume 4 FAT32 SYSTEM

1. Volume 4 FAT32 SYSTEM - Similar Threads - Volume FAT32 SYSTEM

2. Windows Volume 3 or 4?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Volume 3 or 4?: HI,I've switched back to Win 10.-On start up, they ask me to choose Win 10 Volume 3 or 4?-I've switched back to Win 10 by choosing Volume 4.1/ why they keep asking me this question?2/ what's the diff. between Volum 3 and 4?ThanksAlex...
  3. Windows Volume 3 or 4?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Volume 3 or 4?: HI,I've switched back to Win 10.-On start up, they ask me to choose Win 10 Volume 3 or 4?-I've switched back to Win 10 by choosing Volume 4.1/ why they keep asking me this question?2/ what's the diff. between Volum 3 and 4?ThanksAlex...
  4. Windows 11 on different volumes volume 3 and volume 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on different volumes volume 3 and volume 4: Hello. I recently bought a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 5 14ITL05 and also i bought Windows 11. After the first installation, which went good, I tought that I didn’t set up the partitions I later found out that i could set them up like i wanted from the settings so i tried to...
  5. Windows 11 on different volumes volume 3 and volume 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on different volumes volume 3 and volume 4: Hello. I recently bought a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 5 14ITL05 and also i bought Windows 11. After the first installation, which went good, I tought that I didn’t set up the partitions I later found out that i could set them up like i wanted from the settings so i tried to...
  6. FAT32 Format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FAT32 Format: Since the FAT32 is not an option anymore and there's still tons of devices that only accept FAT32. How can I format memory card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fat32-format/3a899269-48e2-474f-a190-b2c4b5bdf18b
  7. Trying to change my usb system file to Fat32

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to change my usb system file to Fat32: i went to the disk management and right clicked on my usb flash drive and i went to the file system to change the format, it only gives me exfat and ntfs, it was fat32 but i used rufus to install windows on it but i didn't need it, but when i went to format it, it doesn't...
  8. fat32

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fat32: is that a good format for a USB for downloading win10 media tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fat32/a3b94e7e-b103-4cb7-a11b-00db6a495363
  9. NTFS or FAT32

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NTFS or FAT32: Hello. I have a copy of bootable Windows 10 on my 8gb flashdrive. The ISO was probably 4.7gb or 4.8gb and was from the April Update. I decided to delete it and download the October Update to use as a copy. I used Rufus but since the update has 5gb+ of files, and Rufus...
  10. FAT32 not opening.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FAT32 not opening.: I've just tried my new Film Scanner. It downloads to an SD card. Windows 10 says the card is empty yet properties report 138kB used on the card in a FAT32 file. Anybody got a clue as to how to open this FAT32?...