Windows 10: volume adjustment malfunction

Discus and support volume adjustment malfunction in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer's volume adjustment malfunctionAfter a update at end of ferburay my volume adjustment malfuntion, no matter how i move it the sound is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xiaoliuzis, Mar 5, 2022.

1. volume adjustment malfunction

My computer's volume adjustment malfunctionAfter a update at end of ferburay my volume adjustment malfuntion, no matter how i move it the sound is fixed.windows 11 homeversion 21h2 22000.527realtek sound alc 887MSI GTX 1660 superI tried: switch Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder off and on, not working! update sound card driver, not working!its working well under the driver of windows, after i deleted realtek driver, and after few mins click on the volume on taskbar nothing happend and some time BOSD wpc_watchdog_violationand only restart windows.and after restart w

:)

xiaoliuzis, Mar 5, 2022

2. Volume step adjusting?

How can I change the step of the volume adjustment in windows? Now it adjusts by 2 every time I press volume up or down buttons on my keyboard (without any driver) or rotate the mouse wheel 1 step after clicking on the volume icon - I would like to change
    that value to 1, 5 or even 10, how can I do that? is there a key in the registry to do it?

David123David, Mar 5, 2022
  3. dinkymau Win User
    Whats the Keyboard Shortcut to Adjust Volume?

Old thread appeared in searching for solutions how to set keyboard shortcuts to adjust Windows 10 volume. Dalchina's helpful pointers lead to finding yet another suitable up-to-date free app by grandmaster Nir Sofer : View / change sound volume on Windows 10/7/8/2008 from command-line or GUI

Step 1: Fire up SoundVolumeView and find your sound device by selecting (un)mute with right mouse
    Step 2: Go to File menu> Create Desktop Shortcut> select Increase and select Decrease Volume 5%
    Step 3: Right click each shortcut> Properties> Shortcut to set preferred hotkey. E.g. + and - on numpad
    Step 4: Right click each shortcut again> Properties> General and tick Hidden - Apply - Ok

Voila! Hopefully helpful to someone sometime (Y)

dinkymau, Mar 5, 2022
  4. Nick Dich Win User

volume adjustment malfunction

Volume adjustment acceleration

Hi Ben,

We need to ask you the following questions so we can help you with your concern:

• Are you using a Microsoft Keyboard?
    • When did the issue started to happen?
    • Is this a new keyboard?
    • Aside from the hotkey to adjust the volume, have you experienced any issues with other hotkey functionality?
    • Was it working properly before?
    • Have you made sure that your computer is up to date?
    • Have you changed any settings on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Mar 5, 2022
Thema:

volume adjustment malfunction

1. volume adjustment malfunction - Similar Threads - volume adjustment malfunction

2. volume adjustment malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume adjustment malfunction: My computer's volume adjustment malfunctionAfter a update at end of ferburay my volume adjustment malfuntion, no matter how i move it the sound is fixed.windows 11 homeversion 21h2 22000.527realtek sound alc 887MSI GTX 1660 superI tried: switch Windows Audio and Windows Audio...
  3. Volume mixer auto adjust discord volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer auto adjust discord volume: Hi, I have a problem with discord volume in the volume mixer. There are two discord slides, one is for a notification mic muted, received msg and the second one is for voice channels. I need one of them more quietly but after I adjust one of them, windows automatically adjust...
  4. Volume mixer auto adjust discord volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer auto adjust discord volume: Hi, I have a problem with discord volume in the volume mixer. There are two discord slides, one is for a notification mic muted, received msg and the second one is for voice channels. I need one of them more quietly but after I adjust one of them, windows automatically adjust...
  5. Taskbar volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar volume adjustment: The Taskbar volume show the percent setting for the volume but no longer shows the volume adjustment. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-volume-adjustment/b5a64f01-169e-4d75-a819-2af3eda63392
  6. Volume and Brightness Key Malfunctions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume and Brightness Key Malfunctions: When I hit a brightness or volume key on my Windows 10 keyboard, they do not work. Instead a dropdown menu window pops up or the software I am using goes completely full-screen and I can't get out of it even with the esc button which also opens a different pop-up window. If...
  7. Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume: I'm running into some kind of software conflict where my volume wheel on my keyboard brings up the volume slider to the left side of the screen and the little animation shows it increasing/decreasing the volume, but my actual volume isn't going down and the only way to turn...
  8. Can't adjust the volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't adjust the volume: Hi, I have a computer with external speakers. My issue is that I can only adjust on those speakers. Adjusting the volume in windows has no effect, it only cut off the sound if I put it at zero. It's really annoying, it's much more easy for me to control the volume directly...
  9. Volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c
  10. Adjusting headphone volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adjusting headphone volume: I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the...