Windows 10: Volume and media overlay is missing

Discus and support Volume and media overlay is missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Contrary to popular opinion, I use my media overlay a lot. I really like it. After a recent restart of my computer, it disappeared. The volume change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JupiterSys, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Volume and media overlay is missing

Contrary to popular opinion, I use my media overlay a lot. I really like it. After a recent restart of my computer, it disappeared. The volume change buttons as well as the brightness ones still work, the overlay is just gone. Google has told me that most people have this issue because of virtual sound cards, but I don't have any of those as far as I am aware. My computer is a Microsoft Surface Pro, and I'm running Windows version 10.0.19041, if that helps at all.

:)

JupiterSys, Nov 8, 2020

2. Missing Backup Status Overlays...

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the Overlays of OneDrive are not working the way they are supposed to.

I would suggest you to refer the article
    Sync icon overlays are missing from OneDrive and OneDrive for Business

However, if you are still unable to fix the overlays, our dedicated in-app support team supports OneDrive issues. Hence, I would suggest you to contact them for assistance if the issue persists. You can follow the steps below to contact the OneDrive
    support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise Build 14393 volume overlay missing

Hello Folx,

a few days back I upgraded my Win 10 installation to build 14393, as offered by WU. Ever since then I noticed something - the volume overlay in the upper-left corner is missing. The overlay i'm talking about:

Volume and media overlay is missing fttyhz7zkf8nyec6thzt.jpg

I know a lot of people don't actually like it, but since I'm using a keyboard with volume controls I'm kind of used to its indication of the volume on-screen, thus i sort of actually miss it.

So i was wondering if it was intentionally removed or something?!

If not, any idea what I might check if something has gone wrong during the update, thus it's not displaying on my PC - registry or something? - Sorry, all my searches over the net resulted in articles about removing it or adjusting its timeouts... Thus i
    post here!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Stiliyan Sidov, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Volume and media overlay is missing

missing character in volume overlay

Volume and media overlay is missing 38cc1c21-2c8e-47ea-bb50-99aecf3d08c0.png
    Hi,

I have a problem, in the media overlay, the controls are not displayed, insted of them there are white squares as missing character, the same happens at the number of the volume level when it reaches 0.

I recently changed my default font, and the problem appeared, but after them i reverted all back to SegoeUI.

Most likely I made the mistake to change the font of "special characters".

I'd appreciate a lot if anyone coukd help me with the problem.

Sorry for my english, I did the best i could

Dario_F_94, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Volume and media overlay is missing

1. Volume and media overlay is missing - Similar Threads - Volume media overlay

2. How do I bring back the media controls overlay on volume press ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I bring back the media controls overlay on volume press ?: One thing I missed from moving from windows 10 to 11 was the feature to have the overlay that showed the album art and media controls when you pressed the volume buttons. I have a picture of what I am describing below. Is there a way to bring this back to windows 11 because...
  3. How do I bring back the media controls overlay on volume press ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I bring back the media controls overlay on volume press ?: One thing I missed from moving from windows 10 to 11 was the feature to have the overlay that showed the album art and media controls when you pressed the volume buttons. I have a picture of what I am describing below. Is there a way to bring this back to windows 11 because...
  4. Media Key Overlay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Key Overlay: Somewhere inside Windows, there must be a way to disable this feature entirely.I have disabled Hardware Media Key Handling like it's described everywhere,I have done this in both Google Chrome and Edge, however, when my phonesystem rings, the overlay is bach - its only gone...
  5. Media Volume Control Pop-up Missing

Media Volume Control Pop-up Missing: Hi, Every once in a while my media pop-up goes missing, and subsequently when I press play/pause/next track/previous track/etc, nothing happens and I need to open media players such as Spotify and press buttons in the respective windows to control the media playback....
  6. Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?: Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay that pops up when I turn volume knob on my media keyboard? It is driving me nuts, just pops up there and cock blocks me from doing what I want for 20 seconds. submitted by /u/Ikkepop [link] [comments]...
  7. Volume media overlay is displaying this and it won't go away...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume media overlay is displaying this and it won't go away...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MatthewTheManiac [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jjal9f/volume_media_overlay_is_displaying_this_and_it/
  8. Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only: As you can see below, the volume overlay fails to display the artwork embedded in the music file, but somehow manages to display it on the lock screen's control overlay. The issue with the volume overlay is seen everywhere in the system, and only manages to display it on...
  9. Windows volume & brightness overlay slider missing

Windows volume & brightness overlay slider missing: I cannot see the volume slider overlay and brightness slider overlay on top left of screen when i press the designated buttons on my laptop keyboard. Brightness and volume actions work but cannot see the overlay for some reason. even tried recent update of windows and...
  10. Volume Bar Overlay

Volume Bar Overlay: Hi, How can I remove this? I don't always need to know the exact number that the volume is on, I can tell by using my ears that it is too loud or quiet at that particular moment. Thanks. [ATTACH]...