Windows 10: VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in task bar do nothing when clicked

Discus and support VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in task bar do nothing when clicked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I click on the volume and network buttons in the bottom right of the task bar nothing opens up. Sometimes a brief loading circle appears but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by superwindow, Sep 16, 2018.

1. VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in task bar do nothing when clicked

When I click on the volume and network buttons in the bottom right of the task bar nothing opens up. Sometimes a brief loading circle appears but neither pop up with a menu. I disabled fast boot but that did not fix the problem.

Not sure what else to try, thanks.

:)

superwindow, Sep 16, 2018

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Clicking on application or in task bar doesn't bring it to the front- Windows 10

Hello,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you reset your taskbar on the Task Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Task Manager by right clicking the taskbar.
    • Click More details at the bottom to expand the Task Manager window.
    • Under the Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer.
    • After selecting the Windows Explorer, click the Restart
      button at the bottom.
    • It may take a few seconds and things like your taskbar and Start menu may disappear momentarily, but when it restarts, things should behave better. Exit the Task Manager window.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in task bar do nothing when clicked

Windows 10 Start button, task bar menu and swipe does not work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)

• Right-click on windows explorer

• End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)

• Click on File > Run new task

• Type explorer.exe and press enter

• Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Start button is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in task bar do nothing when clicked

1. VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in task bar do nothing when clicked - Similar Threads - VOLUME NETWORK buttons

2. microsoft store sign in button doing nothing i click on it and nothing happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft store sign in button doing nothing i click on it and nothing happens: i was going to play minecraft with my little brother and i needed to sign in but an error code came up and i have been searching how to fix it all day then i tried to sign into microsoft store and when i pressed the sign in button nothing happend....
  3. volume control on task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume control on task bar: The volume control icon on my wife side of the shared desktop will no longer work when it did before. We are currently on Windows 10. I've noticed that with each Windows migration that the older systems are affected by various "updates". I would like to restore her control of...
  4. When i click the no wifi button on the task bar no options show up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When i click the no wifi button on the task bar no options show up: When i click the no wifi button on the task bar, it shows up with no wifi options after i uninstalled and reinstalled my network adapter.I have no idea how to fix this. my pc doesnt even have a wifi button so i dont even know if the wifi is off or on...
  5. Volume Control on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Control on task bar: Then volume icon in my task bar is inoperative. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-on-task-bar/63d959a8-37e8-445e-bee0-096dda4bdc50
  6. Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.: Whenever I click 'browse' button to open a file or to save one it does nothing. I tried SFC and DISM commands and nothing achieved. I'm sure there is a problem with a 'dll' file in the system32 directory, however, I cannot locate it as I don't know what its name is. Any help...
  7. Microsoft Store , clicking on get button do nothing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store , clicking on get button do nothing: Hi , I try below solution no one of them work : 1. sign-out & sign-in 2. Windows App Troubleshooter 3. reset store 4. Reset Windows Store using CMD > WSreset.exe 5. Re-register All Store apps using Windows PowerShell 6. Uninstall & Reinstall Store 7. Change...
  8. Store do nothing when I click "Get" button

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store do nothing when I click "Get" button: When I click the "Get" button on the app details page, it does nothing, no refresh, no response. It doesn't work on any app I don't own. But I can download and install any apps in my library normally. I can only download new apps by clicking "add to cart" and go to the...
  9. right click on volume icon on task bar not working right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click on volume icon on task bar not working right: Hi - last few days, when i right click on volume, only the volume mixer is working, playback devices, sound, recording devices all don't work..when i tried to access device manager, getting message - Unable to create new document!! what is going on?? thanks for the help...
  10. VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in taskbar do nothing when clicked

in Windows 10 Support
    VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in taskbar do nothing when clicked: When I click on the volume and network buttons in the bottom right of the task bar nothing opens up. Sometimes a brief loading circle appears but neither pop up with a menu. I disabled fast boot but that did not fix the problem. Not sure what else to try, thanks. 117995