Windows 10: Volume balance resets

Discus and support Volume balance resets in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I turn volume down to 0 Windows 10 looses balance settings!!Same as issue from 6years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arpad Toth, May 7, 2021.

1. Volume balance resets

When I turn volume down to 0 Windows 10 looses balance settings!!Same as issue from 6years ago!https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-winpc/speaker-balance-resets-when-volume-is-turned-down/d3331dcb-a788-4b30-8ccf-7b4175ad76feFancy UI but basic functions still don't work!

:)

Arpad Toth, May 7, 2021

2. Audio Balance in Windows 10

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check-

• Click on Start and then control panel.
    • Open the option of Sound and in the tab of
      playback
      click on the windows displaying speakers. This enables the button properties, click on it.
    • This opens new window as Speakers properties, here click on the tab
      Levels.
    • Now click on the button Balance in front of the speaker volume bar.
    • This will open another small window of Balance. Here you may adjust the balance between the left and right speakers as per requirement.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Meghmala – Microsoft Support

MikeLambert57, May 7, 2021
  3. bmjdotnet Win User
    Left/Right balance in Windows 10 resets with volume changes.

Hi Cedeeh,

I think you may be overlooking the point of the issue, which is that Windows 10 does not persist volume balance adjustments. When the system reboots balance levels for sound devices are reset to equal volume in left and right channels,
    which is really inconvenient for users who need to correct for speaker placement asymmetry.

/b

bmjdotnet, May 7, 2021
  4. kmattnz3 Win User

Volume balance resets

Balance in Volume Mixer.

When using several programs that deal with audio i want to have audio from certain programs coming from different sides of my headphones. this should be able to be done with balance but currently there is only balance slider for the entire device. Is there
    any way to get Balance sliders added to the Volume Mixer so different programs audio can be put to different sides?

tl;dr

How do i get Balance sliders on the Volume Mixer

kmattnz3, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Volume balance resets

1. Volume balance resets - Similar Threads - Volume balance resets

2. Left/Right system volume balance problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left/Right system volume balance problem: I connected a new Bluetooth earphone and when I try to increase the left channel audio a little more from the settings, the right slider also moves along with it as if both of them are tied together that's not the case for the built-in-laptop speakers. In the phone, there is...
  3. Audio Balance Reset when volume lowered to zero

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Balance Reset when volume lowered to zero: I've seen this question asked a couple times in 2016 and 2019 without any real answers to the question. When setting the audio balance through Speaker Properties -> Levels -> Balance and adjusting volume to zero the balance gets reset. This does not seem to be a device...
  4. Audio Balance Reset when volume lowered to zero

Audio Balance Reset when volume lowered to zero: I've seen this question asked a couple times in 2016 and 2019 without any real answers to the question. When setting the audio balance through Speaker Properties -> Levels -> Balance and adjusting volume to zero the balance gets reset. This does not seem to be a device...
  5. How to fix different volume balance on Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix different volume balance on Windows?: I have a motherboard MSI B450-A and HD Audio codec Realtek ALC892. I need to make the volume louder on one of the two speakers, and quieter on the other when i working with Windows 11. I do this in the settings of sound devices, press properties - levels - balance. I make the...
  6. How to fix different volume balance on Windows?

How to fix different volume balance on Windows?: I have a motherboard MSI B450-A and HD Audio codec Realtek ALC892. I need to make the volume louder on one of the two speakers, and quieter on the other when i working with Windows 11. I do this in the settings of sound devices, press properties - levels - balance. I make the...
  7. How to fix different volume balance on Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Surround system balance resets when volume is turned down to zero

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surround system balance resets when volume is turned down to zero: I want my surround system to give louder sound from rear speakers so I set a balance like this; rear speaker 100% and all the others 75%. So the rear speakers sound 25% louder, I think the OS keeps this info. But whenever I set my volume to 0, I lose my balance. I think it's...
  9. Turn off auto volume balancing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off auto volume balancing?: I use my laptop for youtube and for discord, if I want to use both at once then my computer (running windows 10) will automatically lower the volume of youtube, how do I stop this from happening? submitted by /u/Acheron223 [link] [comments]...
  10. Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume: Hello forum, So I have a weird bug that I cannot find anything on the internet for. Like the title says, when changing the volume (either with the keyboard or mouse), the left-right channels change with it. It's really odd, and it's happened in the past, but I don't know...