Windows 10: Volume bar frozen at 100

Discus and support Volume bar frozen at 100 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The volume bar is frozen on my system and this started to occur following a Windows update. It comes up as soon as the system is turned on. I tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aparna Srikanth, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Volume bar frozen at 100

The volume bar is frozen on my system and this started to occur following a Windows update. It comes up as soon as the system is turned on. I tried the following although nothing fixed the problem:

1. Reinstallation and updation of Audio drivers

2. Clean booting the system

Please help me with this.

:)

Aparna Srikanth, Jan 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 Volume bar missing

Hi,

Your concern regarding the missing volume bar when pressing the volume keys can be caused by a sudden change on your device configuration or corrupted/missing driver. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps provided on this support article on how to troubleshoot sound/audio
    problems in Windows. The article include steps on how to reinstall the audio driver to rule any adapter issues.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Volume bar banner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when you get the Volume bar banner, while playing music/video on Google Chrome.
    To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Do you receive the same popup when you play music/videos on Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you have any extensions enabled in Google Chrome for playing music?
    • Which version of Google Chrome are you using?

However, we suggest you to try this steps and check if you are able to get rid of the banner.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to open
      Settings.
    2. Then click on Systems. Then select
      Notifications & actions from the left pane.
    3. Then under Get notifications from these senders, toggle the switch for
      Audio to disable the Banner and Sound notifications.
    4. Close all the browser and reopen Google Chrome, to play some
      music/videos.
    5. Check if you get the Volume bar banner back.

As an additional information, please refer the
    Change notification settings in Windows 10
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Volume bar frozen at 100

Surface pro 6 frozen at 100% configuration.

Surface pro 6 frozen on 100% configuration , do not turn off. Tried holding off button for 30 seconds and then with volume button. Gone through this severa times but always restarts at frozen screen. Only once has it given me the advance repair option and
    after selecting reset, the frozen screen appeared again. Only had the thing kess than 2 weeks. Is this normal?

wyckedwytch, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Volume bar frozen at 100

1. Volume bar frozen at 100 - Similar Threads - Volume bar frozen

2. Vertical scroll bar frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vertical scroll bar frozen: No matter where I am on the computer, the vertical scroll bar on the right is visible but frozen. I have to use my fingers on the touch screen to move down or up. The up and down arrows on the keyboard work too. But still, I would like my vertical scroll bar back....
  3. Vertical scroll bar frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vertical scroll bar frozen: No matter where I am on the computer, the vertical scroll bar on the right is visible but frozen. I have to use my fingers on the touch screen to move down or up. The up and down arrows on the keyboard work too. But still, I would like my vertical scroll bar back....
  4. is the task bar frozen ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is the task bar frozen ?: my task bar is not working im not able to open any file , the cursor is in reloading mode when i move it on to the task bar , windows button ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-task-bar-frozen/cf3a5426-a7ca-4c40-9e5d-d2b613d3fd5c
  5. is the task bar frozen ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is the task bar frozen ?: my task bar is not working im not able to open any file , the cursor is in reloading mode when i move it on to the task bar , windows button ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-task-bar-frozen/cf3a5426-a7ca-4c40-9e5d-d2b613d3fd5c
  6. is the task bar frozen ?

7. Volume Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Bar: Hi, I'm sure this question has been asked a lot, but how do you hide this monster of a volume bar/add/info that pops up every time you adjust the volume, I have figured out how to do it in Chrome but not in Edge. There should be an option to adjust this to below the 5...
  8. frozen task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    frozen task bar: I can't access/see the task bar (that runs along the bottom of my windows screen) and therefore launch anything from it - including settings, applications, etc. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-task-bar/49d12a7f-01c2-4033-afe7-91e856207458
  9. Windows Game Bar Frozen

Windows Game Bar Frozen: Hi, I tried opening the windows 1 game bar on my laptop, and I clicked record, but as soon as I did that, it completely froze. I cant click on any of the windows behind it, and this has happened before. How can I permanently fix it? Thanks...
  10. Downloading - 100% and seems to be frozen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading - 100% and seems to be frozen: My Windows Update Windows 10, Version 1903 shows Downloading 100% and not doing anything further? Can I restart my computer or would this not be feasible?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. volume is frozen at 100%