Windows 10: Volume bar keeps popping up

Discus and support Volume bar keeps popping up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The volume bar keeps appearing in the top left corner on my laptop screen. It's been happening for a while now and it's really annoying, especially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JadeNicholls, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Volume bar keeps popping up

The volume bar keeps appearing in the top left corner on my laptop screen. It's been happening for a while now and it's really annoying, especially when I'm watching a video and it keeps popping up.

Any suggestions on something I might have accidentally enabled/diasbled??

:)

JadeNicholls, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Sho Xiong Win User

Volume bar keeps automatically decreasing

I have a Dell Inspiron 13-7352 laptop with Windows 10 and I've been pulling my hair out this past week. The volume bar keeps popping up on the upper left corner as soon as it boots up. Anytime I try to increase the volume, it'll automatically decrease back down to 0. I have tried everything and can't find any real solutions.
    I've tried:

1. uninstalling sound driver(multiple times now)
    2. change playback device settings to do nothing
    3. system restore to an earlier date
    4. uninstall and reinstalled many applications

I've been disabling the playback device so the volume bar will disappear from the screen, so I can do school work.

How can I fix this?

Sho Xiong, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Volume bar missing

Hi,

Your concern regarding the missing volume bar when pressing the volume keys can be caused by a sudden change on your device configuration or corrupted/missing driver. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps provided on this support article on how to troubleshoot sound/audio
    problems in Windows. The article include steps on how to reinstall the audio driver to rule any adapter issues.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Volume bar keeps popping up

Volume bar banner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when you get the Volume bar banner, while playing music/video on Google Chrome.
    To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Do you receive the same popup when you play music/videos on Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you have any extensions enabled in Google Chrome for playing music?
    • Which version of Google Chrome are you using?

However, we suggest you to try this steps and check if you are able to get rid of the banner.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to open
      Settings.
    2. Then click on Systems. Then select
      Notifications & actions from the left pane.
    3. Then under Get notifications from these senders, toggle the switch for
      Audio to disable the Banner and Sound notifications.
    4. Close all the browser and reopen Google Chrome, to play some
      music/videos.
    5. Check if you get the Volume bar banner back.

As an additional information, please refer the
    Change notification settings in Windows 10
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Volume bar keeps popping up

1. Volume bar keeps popping up - Similar Threads - Volume bar keeps

2. Somtimes the volume pop up doesn't pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Somtimes the volume pop up doesn't pop up: The volume icon doesnt open up the volume adjustments or speaker change when clicked on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somtimes-the-volume-pop-up-doesnt-pop-up/c365697b-c3ad-4c12-b86e-0c2d014f48d3
  3. Somtimes the volume pop up doesn't pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Somtimes the volume pop up doesn't pop up: The volume icon doesnt open up the volume adjustments or speaker change when clicked on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somtimes-the-volume-pop-up-doesnt-pop-up/c365697b-c3ad-4c12-b86e-0c2d014f48d3
  4. Volume Bar Pops Up Everytime I Start Up Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Bar Pops Up Everytime I Start Up Windows: Whenever I start up Windows, the volume bar on the left top corner pops up and then disappears later on. I do not even press the volume function keys on my keyboard, but they randomly pop up at start up. Any suggestions on how to avoid this?...
  5. Volume Bar Pops Up Everytime I Start Up Windows

Volume Bar Pops Up Everytime I Start Up Windows: Whenever I start up Windows, the volume bar on the left top corner pops up and then disappears later on. I do not even press the volume function keys on my keyboard, but they randomly pop up at start up. Any suggestions on how to avoid this?...
  6. Volume Bar Pops Up Everytime I Start Up Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. find bar keeps popping up

in Cortana
    find bar keeps popping up: whenever I type the find barkeeps popping up even when I'm not pressin ctrl F and it takes me ages to type 1 sentence because I have to keep exiting it every 2-3 words I type. when I want to read a webpage it pops up and scrolls thru the searches. I just wanna disable it....
  8. New volume pop-up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    New volume pop-up?: How do I get rid of this annoying, unnecessary pop-up to the right of the volume meter? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-volume-pop-up/f6f2b6f6-2390-4166-93b6-a50ab329c403
  9. Volume pop-up problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume pop-up problem: Hello. When i'm playing videos on YouTube using Google Chrome and controlling the volume, the big rectangle with playback controls next to volume control bar appears and shows "chrome:exe", but previously this thing doesn't appear on Chrome. and if I didn't play any videos...
  10. Search bar keeps popping up

Search bar keeps popping up: Good day I look after several Windows 10 machines in our enterprise. 99% is Windows 10 64bit Build 1511 10% is HP notebooks - 90% is customized desktops, all of the same spec Now when using some of the PC's, the user clicks on the Start button and the Search button...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio adjustment keeps popping out when i type