Windows 10: Volume bar missing when i'm in full screen games

Discus and support Volume bar missing when i'm in full screen games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/killazZooM [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/killazZooM, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Volume bar missing when i'm in full screen games

/u/killazZooM, Sep 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 Volume bar missing

Hi,

Your concern regarding the missing volume bar when pressing the volume keys can be caused by a sudden change on your device configuration or corrupted/missing driver. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps provided on this support article on how to troubleshoot sound/audio
    problems in Windows. The article include steps on how to reinstall the audio driver to rule any adapter issues.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Sep 20, 2020
  3. eliasbenb Win User
    Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

EDIT:

• Edit 1: still no actual answer for a way to fix this. But I just factory reset my PC, the volume mixer works perfectly now. I know this is not the answer you wanted, but it's all we have
    Before I go into details do not suggest:

• Fixing my audio driver by updating/removing it
    • Resetting the Xbox Game Bar app
    • Doing the 'sfc /scannow 'command
    • Telling me to use the volume mixer built into windows
    • Referring me to the Xbox Game Bar app troubleshooting page

OK, now that we go that out of the way. I have had this problem for about 3 weeks. The issue is that the Xbox Game Bar doesn't display the volume mixer correctly, it only shows the main audio driver's volume mixer and nothing else (no app volume mixer like:
    CS:GO, Microsoft Edge Beta, Spotify etc.).

Photo for reference:

Volume bar missing when i'm in full screen games 60f145ea-e940-4f04-a916-f79e664003a1?upload=true.png

For the Microsoft employees reading this, this is a persistent issue in Windows. I will list other posts on this forum with the same issue to show the scale of the issue. All of these posts have not been solved so far:

eliasbenb, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Volume bar missing when i'm in full screen games

want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Volume bar missing when i'm in full screen games

1. Volume bar missing when i'm in full screen games - Similar Threads - Volume bar missing

2. Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?: Whenever i use a full screen app, any browser, video game or something else, the game bar becomes black, so does the cursor and the volume bar as well. this has been happening for a quite a while now and didnt go away with updates. my graphics drivers are up to date. i...
  3. Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?: Whenever i use a full screen app, any browser, video game or something else, the game bar becomes black, so does the cursor and the volume bar as well. this has been happening for a quite a while now and didnt go away with updates. my graphics drivers are up to date. i...
  4. White bar at top of screen when playing games in full screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    White bar at top of screen when playing games in full screen.: Hi my toddler lent on my keyboard and it made the task bar and bar at the top ofthe screen appear. I googled how to get rid of it and I managed to hide the task bar in game but not the the bar at the top. I tried changing the resolution to a lower one and then reverting it...
  5. Game Bar Not Recording in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Not Recording in Full Screen: I have seen a similar post from last year, and there was no solution, and I just discovered that I have the same issue. When I record videos, the playback is not in full screen. Looking at the properties of the video file, the video frame width is 1872 and the frame...
  6. game bar not recording full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    game bar not recording full screen: [ATTACH] When I record games, my games don't record in full screen, the capture appears in the top left corner and what's left of the screen is black. https://preview.redd.it/u9l47xod5ay51.png?width=3821&format=png&auto=webp&s=26d26c90784b9194f3848af7ce6d999ee3e5c3e1...
  7. Game Bar No Longer Recording in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar No Longer Recording in Full Screen: I will try to make this make sense the best I can - When I go to record and then go back and watch it, the recording is not full screen anymore. A setting must have gotten tweaked by accident or something but I don't know which one it could be because my display is still set...
  8. Volume/Brightness bar missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume/Brightness bar missing: I have a problem with that top left bar not showing up. I can't really see my volume level (i can still click that speaker button down on the taskbar, but that's annoying) and i can't see my brightness level. I tried uninstalling keyboars/sound drivers, sfc scannow,...
  9. Window border on my games even when I'm full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window border on my games even when I'm full screen: Hey folks... I was just wondering if there is any way to remove the window border whilst I'm playing a game on full screen? For example, when I'm playing Forza Street, it is not true full screen on my second monitor as I can see the window border with the title of the...
  10. when Edge is not full screen there is a missing scroll bar

in Browsers and Email
    when Edge is not full screen there is a missing scroll bar: When edge is not full screen there isn't a way to scroll from side to side. Shouldn't there be a scroll bar? 35801

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix volume bar doesnt show on some fullscreen game