Windows 10: Volume/Brightness bar missing

Discus and support Volume/Brightness bar missing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a problem with that top left bar not showing up. I can't really see my volume level (i can still click that speaker button down on the taskbar,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/johangrox, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Volume/Brightness bar missing

I have a problem with that top left bar not showing up. I can't really see my volume level (i can still click that speaker button down on the taskbar, but that's annoying) and i can't see my brightness level. I tried uninstalling keyboars/sound drivers, sfc scannow, restarting windows audio service, restarting explorer.

submitted by /u/johangrox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/johangrox, Feb 2, 2020
  2. [ JCI ] Win User

Volume and brightness bar on top left of screen missing

Normally, whenever I adjust the brightness or volume on my laptop, a bar indicating the volume or brightness level appears in the top left. Just today the bar in the top left no longer appears when adjusting volume or brightness. Can someone pls help so
    that the bar appears again when i adjust volume or brightness?

[ JCI ], Feb 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Volume bar missing

Hi,

Your concern regarding the missing volume bar when pressing the volume keys can be caused by a sudden change on your device configuration or corrupted/missing driver. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps provided on this support article on how to troubleshoot sound/audio
    problems in Windows. The article include steps on how to reinstall the audio driver to rule any adapter issues.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Volume/Brightness bar missing

No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Hi Trawel,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

The option for brightness and volume indicator will automatically show on the Windows graphical user interface.

If you face the issue with volume and brightness indicator settings, it may have caused because you are using the ASUS system utilities. I suggest you to open the ASUS system utilities and disable the volume and brightness
    indicator and any other Windows related functionality. It is better to disable the ASUS system utility temporarily and check if it is the cause to the issue.

Please be informed that Microsoft has changed level for volume to show as
    horizontal level bar not as vertical bar in Windows 10. Click "speaker icon" on taskbar and volume level will appear.
    I hope the above information helps.

Kindly try the below steps to repair any corrupted files of Windows components and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select the
      command prompt (admin).

• Type the following commands one by one and hit Enter key.

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Sfc /scannow

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details
    are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Volume/Brightness bar missing

1. Volume/Brightness bar missing - Similar Threads - Volume Brightness bar

2. Brightness Bar is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Bar is missing: Hi, I have a Windows 11 and for a while now my brightness bar has been missing. My eyeballs have been suffering a lot lately and I really just want to get this fixed and get it over with. I searched and tried so many ways in the internet. I read articles, help pages,...
  3. Brightness Bar is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness Bar is missing: Hi, I have a Windows 11 and for a while now my brightness bar has been missing. My eyeballs have been suffering a lot lately and I really just want to get this fixed and get it over with. I searched and tried so many ways in the internet. I read articles, help pages,...
  4. Brightness control bar missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness control bar missing: hello i am facing a problem on my pc the brightness control bar is missing. I am using a tv as a monitor.specsI3-10105f 4c/8tamd radeon r7 2508gb ram 240 gb ssddisplay driver details - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc, 27.20.20912.1002 . 4/28/2022...
  5. Brightness control bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness control bar missing: hello i am facing a problem on my pc the brightness control bar is missing. I am using a tv as a monitor.specsI3-10105f 4c/8tamd radeon r7 2508gb ram 240 gb ssddisplay driver details - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc, 27.20.20912.1002 . 4/28/2022...
  6. Brightness control bar missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Brightness slider bar missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness slider bar missing: I've searched for answers to this problem, and they all say to update the driver. I've done that, and it's still missing. My sister's computer is also recently missing her slider bar for display brightness. Definitely seems to be tied to an update. It's starting to kill my...
  8. Volume and brightness bar on top left of screen missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume and brightness bar on top left of screen missing: Normally, whenever I adjust the brightness or volume on my laptop, a bar indicating the volume or brightness level appears in the top left. Just today the bar in the top left no longer appears when adjusting volume or brightness. Can someone pls help so that the bar appears...
  9. Missing brightness bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missing brightness bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: I have an elite x2 and I am of numerous persons having trhe brightness bar disapearing after this latest update. Now my monitor is stuck on full bright as well!!!!!! Send fix please!!!!...
  10. display brightness bar missing

display brightness bar missing: display brightness bar missing how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness-bar-missing/97b9f4a5-4aeb-454e-aafe-e4589dc4f09d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 brightness control missing

2. windows 10 no indicator changing volume or brightness

3. windows 10 wont show my volume or brightness when i adjust it

4. volume and brightness osd gone windows 10,
  5. volume and brightness indicator gone windows 10,
  6. volume and brightness osd