Windows 10: Volume + brightness keys aren't working

Discus and support Volume + brightness keys aren't working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday, I found that my volume and brightness keys no longer work. One of the brightness keys changes my window to full screen and the other pulls... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by shahrinanwar, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Volume + brightness keys aren't working

Yesterday, I found that my volume and brightness keys no longer work. One of the brightness keys changes my window to full screen and the other pulls up the inspect tab. My mute button takes me to a google chrome help screen, my increase volume button opens a search bar of some sort, and the decrease volume does nothing at all. I tried nearly everything but it doesn't seem to help. :/

:)

shahrinanwar, Mar 10, 2021

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Mar 10, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

Hi, There's a the slider for brightness at the bottom of the Action Centre (build 1903).

If you'd be prepared to consider an alternative... how about smooth control of brightness using your scroll wheel?
    Press a key, plus scroll, and adjust your brightness.

The key and the steps are your choice.

Oh, and it can adjust volume similarly.

Works nicely on my Lenovo Thinkpad, where the Fn key steps for brightness are a bit harsh.

Volumouse (free):
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Parth_27 Win User

Volume + brightness keys aren't working

Volume and brightness keys are not working

i have a dell laptop and my volume and brightness keys are not working and they do another thing to the screen

but with fn key it works but please help me....!!

Parth_27, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Volume + brightness keys aren't working

1. Volume + brightness keys aren't working - Similar Threads - Volume brightness keys

2. Why aren't my brightness keys working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why aren't my brightness keys working?: Every other key works and even the F keys assigned to them F3 & F4 work by themselves. It's just the brightness function doesn't work.I don't know why it just happened suddenly when I "reset this pc". The laptop is a HP EliteBook 840 G7 Notebook....
  3. Why aren't my brightness keys working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why aren't my brightness keys working?: Every other key works and even the F keys assigned to them F3 & F4 work by themselves. It's just the brightness function doesn't work.I don't know why it just happened suddenly when I "reset this pc". The laptop is a HP EliteBook 840 G7 Notebook....
  4. Volume and Brightness Key Malfunctions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume and Brightness Key Malfunctions: When I hit a brightness or volume key on my Windows 10 keyboard, they do not work. Instead a dropdown menu window pops up or the software I am using goes completely full-screen and I can't get out of it even with the esc button which also opens a different pop-up window. If...
  5. Volume and Brightness keys not working

Volume and Brightness keys not working: I just recently got this laptop around the Holidays. I noticed a few problems with this laptop, my brightness and volume F-keys weren't working, my screen kept on exiting out to home screen, and my cursor wasn't working at times. Then, I restarted my laptop and everything...
  6. key's aren't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    key's aren't working: on my windows 10 I can't type these key's with shift: s d but I can type them perfectly fine without shift can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-arent-working/b14eea3f-f7f8-4655-b4be-338c6617e34a
  7. Volume and brightness keys not working

Volume and brightness keys not working: Hi, I hope someone can help. I've only recently noticed that my sound and brightness keys/buttons don't work as they should, regardless of whether or not the function button is pressed. I am using Windows 10 Home on my very basic Lenovo laptop which is roughly 1-2 years...
  8. Shortcut keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut keys aren't working: Display and sound control keys are not working at all however they can be changed through windows settings. How might I empower them I can't discover shortcut or settings to empower it....
  9. Brightness Buttons Aren't Working

Brightness Buttons Aren't Working: When I press the brightness adjusting buttons on my Inspiron 14 5000, the buttons don't adjust the brightness and I have to manually go the slider. This is a new laptop and the buttons were working perfectly fine a few days ago and I don't know what the problem is or what...
  10. My function keys are not working for the volume and the brightness level.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My function keys are not working for the volume and the brightness level.: My function keys are not working for some reason. I usually use the volume function keys and the brightness level function keys, F3 F4 F6 F7 but none of them are working. I had this problem before, and when I asked for help I found out its because of the update. I updated...