Windows 10: Volume button in task bar dont work unless i restart file explorer

Discus and support Volume button in task bar dont work unless i restart file explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As the title suggest the volume button dont work at all no right click no left click ,but sound works normaly i can even lower volume with fn keyI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Neos Kyros, Jun 9, 2024.

1. Volume button in task bar dont work unless i restart file explorer

As the title suggest the volume button dont work at all no right click no left click ,but sound works normaly i can even lower volume with fn keyI tried everything sfc scan, delete driver ... ect and the only solution is to restart file explorer But the moment i restart my laptop it stops working and have to restart file explorer again for it to workIs there a permanent solution so i dont have to restart file explorer each time ?

:)

Neos Kyros, Jun 9, 2024
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Jun 9, 2024
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Start button, task bar menu and swipe does not work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)

• Right-click on windows explorer

• End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)

• Click on File > Run new task

• Type explorer.exe and press enter

• Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Start button is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 9, 2024
  4. Arun B J Win User

Volume button in task bar dont work unless i restart file explorer

Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 9, 2024
Thema:

Volume button in task bar dont work unless i restart file explorer

1. Volume button in task bar dont work unless i restart file explorer - Similar Threads - Volume button task

2. Volume button in task bar dont work unless i restart file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume button in task bar dont work unless i restart file explorer: As the title suggest the volume button dont work at all no right click no left click ,but sound works normaly i can even lower volume with fn keyI tried everything sfc scan, delete driver ... ect and the only solution is to restart file explorer But the moment i restart my...
  3. Volume button in task bar dont work unless i restart file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume button in task bar dont work unless i restart file explorer: As the title suggest the volume button dont work at all no right click no left click ,but sound works normaly i can even lower volume with fn keyI tried everything sfc scan, delete driver ... ect and the only solution is to restart file explorer But the moment i restart my...
  4. task bar buttons not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar buttons not working: half of my task bar buttons dont work. Also I play a game online and most of the skill buttons now dont work also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-buttons-not-working/13065c04-31cf-47e2-b50d-bbcbcf88d499
  5. task bar buttons not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar buttons not working: half of my task bar buttons dont work. Also I play a game online and most of the skill buttons now dont work also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-buttons-not-working/13065c04-31cf-47e2-b50d-bbcbcf88d499
  6. task bar volume icon not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    task bar volume icon not working: task bar volume icon not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-volume-icon-not-working/cc56ba2e-ba43-406b-95e5-acb9fc4b6ab6
  7. volume icon on task bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume icon on task bar not working: how can I turn the volume icon on the taskbar back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-on-task-bar-not-working/1365600e-edbb-4b25-ba0e-467f1926bc14
  8. File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working

in Cortana
    File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working: Hi, Recently I cannot search for files in the File Explorer search box and the Taskbar search option does not work. I have tried all these Under Task Manager, re-start File Explorer Under Task Manager - Details, cannot find Under File Explorer - View - Options -...
  9. Search button/bar/file explorer not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search button/bar/file explorer not working: I can't click any of the search buttons at all (they don't do anything). I have rebuilt the index, reset apps to default and restarted computer multiple times. I'm on insider build 19041.264 (version 2004). submitted by /u/AeonCaptain [link] [comments]...
  10. Start button + task bar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button + task bar not working: Hi, Got my Win 10 at the lauch day and have been enjoying it until I decided to do some clean up. I ran Ccleaner and Puran utilities reg cleaning tools. After that the start button and task bar became unresponsive. I tried to google the issue and found out a sort of a...