Windows 10: Volume button not responding

Discus and support Volume button not responding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After updating my Hp envy 360 to windows 10 I came to the realization that my volume is non responsive. What should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sapphire-GayleSmith, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Volume button not responding

After updating my Hp envy 360 to windows 10 I came to the realization that my volume is non responsive. What should I do?

:)

Sapphire-GayleSmith, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Billy Med Win User

volume button not responding

Hi Jeffrey,

Just to confirm, with regards to your issue about the lightning bolt and gear icon showing up after turning on your phone, have you already tried performing a hard reset?

I noticed that you mentioned in your title that volume button doesn't respond but I'm not sure what exactly you mean by that.

Just in case, we recommend that you do the following steps:

• Press and hold the volume down
      Volume button not responding hardware-icon-volumeDWN-button_InvariantCulture_Default.png
      and Power
      Volume button not responding hardware-icon-power-button_InvariantCulture_Default.png
      buttons
      at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10–15 seconds).

• When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold thevolume down
      Volume button not responding hardware-icon-volumeDWN-button_InvariantCulture_Default.png
      button
      until you see a large exclamation mark.

• Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: volume up
      Volume button not responding hardware-icon-volumeUP-button_InvariantCulture_Default.png
      , volume
      down

, Power
      Volume button not responding hardware-icon-power-button_InvariantCulture_Default.png
      , volume
      down

. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset
      to finish.)

Let us know if you were able to perform a hard reset, or if you still encountered any error on your phone.

Billy Med, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Volume button doesn't respond

Hi,

I realize that the volume button is not working properly in Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Are you using the Volume button on the keyboard?

• In which user account are you facing this issue?

Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

You may boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. This will let us know if any 3rd party services or applications are causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us updated to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Volume button not responding

Volume button is invisible on taskbar.

Hi,

You can customize which icons to appear on the taskbar. Based on the information you have provided it possible that the volume was not set to appear on the taskbar. To customize the taskbar notification area, you can refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Settings, and then hit Enter.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Click Volume button to toggle it on or off.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Volume button not responding

1. Volume button not responding - Similar Threads - Volume button responding

2. volume buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume buttons: my asus rog zephyrus g15 gaming laptop volume buttons dont work if i reset my laptop will the volume buttons work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/487d553e-3c80-4b3d-a3bf-17c19840e2f0
  3. volume buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume buttons: my asus rog zephyrus g15 gaming laptop volume buttons dont work if i reset my laptop will the volume buttons work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/487d553e-3c80-4b3d-a3bf-17c19840e2f0
  4. The start button is not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The start button is not responding.: The start button is not responding, and I am unable to open settings even using ms-setting: I have tied many things to try and get it to work but none of them have worked....
  5. The start button is not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The start button is not responding.: The start button is not responding, and I am unable to open settings even using ms-setting: I have tied many things to try and get it to work but none of them have worked....
  6. Volume not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume not responding: Hi all,I am experiencing two audio problems and I hope someone might know how to solve it. i My laptop speaker's volume does not change when I change the volume in Windows unless I set it all the way to 0, then it does mute. It does change when I change the volume in, say,...
  7. Earbud volume buttons not changing volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Earbud volume buttons not changing volume: I've plugged in wired earbuds to my Surface Laptop 1. When I click the audio buttons on my earbuds to make the volume go up or down, there is no change being reflected. If I change the audio via my keyboard or slider on my laptop, then I can hear the audio change in my...
  8. Wifi button not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi button not responding: I have tried everything from restarting windows explorer and other things. I press the network button in windows 10 from the taskbar and it just wouldnt work and respond....
  9. Volume button on toolbar not responding

Volume button on toolbar not responding: The volume button on toolbar in unresponsive; however, the volume can be adjusted from settings. This occurred after a recent Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-button-on-toolbar-not-responding/947a3ce7-1b75-455c-bf0e-1e18d203e24e
  10. Volume buttons

Volume buttons: My volume buttons aren't working, how do turn down up or down the volume with the volume buttons on the keyboard? I have the Surface Laptop burgundy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/d069bf98-9209-49c9-a6df-a5a2608b0306