Windows 10: Volume button on toolbar not responding

Discus and support Volume button on toolbar not responding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The volume button on toolbar in unresponsive; however, the volume can be adjusted from settings. This occurred after a recent Windows 10 update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DBD53, Nov 19, 2019.

1. DBD53 Win User

Volume button on toolbar not responding

The volume button on toolbar in unresponsive; however, the volume can be adjusted from settings. This occurred after a recent Windows 10 update.

:)

DBD53, Nov 19, 2019

2. Win10 start button and toolbar icons not responding

Hi Ariel,

I will certainly help you to resolve the issue with the start menu and toolbar on Windows 10.

The issue could occur if there is any conflict between the third party software's and start up menu on the computer or if the Windows Updates are not installed.

To assist you better, please provide the following information:

• What is the build of the Windows 10 that is installed in the PC?

• Is there any hardware or software changes prior to the issue?

• Are you using any third party software’s?

• As you said “Toolbar icons not responding”, which Toolbar icons exactly you refer? Please elaborate.
    Kindly follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Install all Windows Update:

Kindly follow the steps to install Windows Update:

• Press Windows logo key +
      R.

• In the dialogue box, type “control update”.
    Follow the onscreen instruction.

Method 2: Start Menu troubleshooting:

Kindly visit the link mentioned below and follow the instructions:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Please get back to us with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Abhraneil Ghosh, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Billy Med Win User
    volume button not responding

Hi Jeffrey,

Just to confirm, with regards to your issue about the lightning bolt and gear icon showing up after turning on your phone, have you already tried performing a hard reset?

I noticed that you mentioned in your title that volume button doesn't respond but I'm not sure what exactly you mean by that.

Just in case, we recommend that you do the following steps:

• Press and hold the volume down
      Volume button on toolbar not responding hardware-icon-volumeDWN-button_InvariantCulture_Default.png
      and Power
      Volume button on toolbar not responding hardware-icon-power-button_InvariantCulture_Default.png
      buttons
      at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10–15 seconds).

• When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold thevolume down
      Volume button on toolbar not responding hardware-icon-volumeDWN-button_InvariantCulture_Default.png
      button
      until you see a large exclamation mark.

• Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: volume up
      Volume button on toolbar not responding hardware-icon-volumeUP-button_InvariantCulture_Default.png
      , volume
      down

, Power
      Volume button on toolbar not responding hardware-icon-power-button_InvariantCulture_Default.png
      , volume
      down

. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset
      to finish.)

Let us know if you were able to perform a hard reset, or if you still encountered any error on your phone.

Billy Med, Nov 19, 2019
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Volume button on toolbar not responding - Similar Threads - Volume button toolbar

2. New search button on toolbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New search button on toolbar: My windows updated last night and I see the search button on the toolbar has changed. Instead of a small, simple magnifying glass icon, it it now elongated and has two images on it - looks like a snow board and a wooly hat.I hate such visual distractions on my screen. Can...
  3. Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons: I have tried:Erasing the registry item listed in some of these responses.Erasing all updates after the date in which the toolbar disappeared.I was going to try re installing Windows but when I tried to create a boot drive it wont let me because it says there are files missing...
  4. Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons: I have tried:Erasing the registry item listed in some of these responses.Erasing all updates after the date in which the toolbar disappeared.I was going to try re installing Windows but when I tried to create a boot drive it wont let me because it says there are files missing...
  5. Volume not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume not responding: Hi all,I am experiencing two audio problems and I hope someone might know how to solve it. i My laptop speaker's volume does not change when I change the volume in Windows unless I set it all the way to 0, then it does mute. It does change when I change the volume in, say,...
  6. Enlarge Toolbar Popup Button?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enlarge Toolbar Popup Button?: i created a new toolbar on the taskbar. I hid the icons behind a popup menu: [img] How can i enlarge the popup button? Can i replace it with an image? Can i place it directly next to the Start button, or to the right of the system tray? thx 157590
  7. Volume button not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume button not responding: After updating my Hp envy 360 to windows 10 I came to the realization that my volume is non responsive. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-button-not-responding/63478bf2-0bd3-4951-a82d-5184c9812091
  8. Unresponsive toolbar folder buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive toolbar folder buttons: Win 10 Pro 15063.1155 (1703/RS2) Lately, when I open file explorer folders, some randomly become non-responsive from the desktop toolbar. Left Click on the toolbar button and nothing happens. I must right click them and choose "close window". I can reopen them from a...
  9. Unresponsive toolbar forder buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive toolbar forder buttons: Win 10 Pro 15063.1155 (1703/RS2) Lately, when I open file explorer folders, some randomly become non-responsive from the desktop toolbar. Left Click on the toolbar button and nothing happens. I must right click them and choose "close window". I can reopen them from a...
  10. Quick Access Toolbar not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access Toolbar not responding: I went to customize the bar but when I clicked on "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" nothing happens. All I can do is add or delete the six options that is presented. I previously customized it and used that a lot! It is a deal breaker for me. Does anyone know of a work around...