Windows 10: Volume buttons are not working

Discus and support Volume buttons are not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For some reason when i turned my PC on and went on YouTube, I tried turning my volume up and it didn't work. All the other buttons on my keyboard work,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PrabhnoorSingh1, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Volume buttons are not working

For some reason when i turned my PC on and went on YouTube, I tried turning my volume up and it didn't work. All the other buttons on my keyboard work, except for those three. The mute, lower volume, and higher volume buttons. I need help.

:)

PrabhnoorSingh1, Oct 11, 2018

2. Volume buttons won't work

Hello Aaron,

• Are you referring to the volume key on the keyboard?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers?
    If not I suggest you to go to the manufacturer website and install the latest keyboard drivers and check if that helps, post that suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check for the issue.
    The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to assist.

SujataMoktan, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Volume buttons are not working

Volume button is invisible on taskbar.

Hi,

You can customize which icons to appear on the taskbar. Based on the information you have provided it possible that the volume was not set to appear on the taskbar. To customize the taskbar notification area, you can refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Settings, and then hit Enter.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Click Volume button to toggle it on or off.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Volume buttons are not working

1. Volume buttons are not working - Similar Threads - Volume buttons are

2. volume buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume buttons: my asus rog zephyrus g15 gaming laptop volume buttons dont work if i reset my laptop will the volume buttons work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/487d553e-3c80-4b3d-a3bf-17c19840e2f0
  3. volume buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume buttons: my asus rog zephyrus g15 gaming laptop volume buttons dont work if i reset my laptop will the volume buttons work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/487d553e-3c80-4b3d-a3bf-17c19840e2f0
  4. dell latitude 5480 volume buttons not working.

dell latitude 5480 volume buttons not working.: ive tried looking around on the internet, but i couldnt find a solution. my f1, f2, and f3 buttons wont change my volume. i have to go to the taskbar to change it, which is not very convenient for games....
  5. My volume button is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My volume button is not working: Hello, my volume button is not working when i click the volume with the plus sign it shows up a search box thingy in chrome and when i click the volume with the minus sign it does nothing when i click the no volume sign it shows up the chrome help center how could i fix this?...
  6. My volume button is not working

My volume button is not working: Hello, my volume button is not working when i click the volume with the plus sign it shows up a search box thingy in chrome and when i click the volume with the minus sign it does nothing when i click the no volume sign it shows up the chrome help center how could i fix this?...
  7. My volume button is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. VOLUME BUTTONS ON KEYBOARD NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    VOLUME BUTTONS ON KEYBOARD NOT WORKING: For some reason now when I press F1 F2 or F3 to adjust the volume it doesn't work anymore. F1 brings me to the Microsoft Edge page and F2 and F3 open a small search window. How do I get the buttons to default to volume control again and how could this have changed on it's...
  9. Volume buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume buttons: My volume buttons aren't working, how do turn down up or down the volume with the volume buttons on the keyboard? I have the Surface Laptop burgundy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/d069bf98-9209-49c9-a6df-a5a2608b0306
  10. volume button on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume button on keyboard not working: I don't know anything about computers. I just got my laptop back after it being stuck in a different country for a month, i don't know if they touche it or what. but anyway. any time i press the volume button on my keyboard which are on the f10-f12 keys all it does it **** up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone volume buttons not working