Windows 10: volume buttons behaving weirdly

Discus and support volume buttons behaving weirdly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I press the volume up or down or mute button it opens a blue screen and does not change the volume also the volume icon is not showing up on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdityaSingh13, Jan 18, 2022.

1. volume buttons behaving weirdly

When I press the volume up or down or mute button it opens a blue screen and does not change the volume also the volume icon is not showing up on pressing the keys.

:)

AdityaSingh13, Jan 18, 2022

2. Volume button is invisible on taskbar.

Hi,

You can customize which icons to appear on the taskbar. Based on the information you have provided it possible that the volume was not set to appear on the taskbar. To customize the taskbar notification area, you can refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Settings, and then hit Enter.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Click Volume button to toggle it on or off.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jan 18, 2022
  3. Volume buttons won't work

Hello Aaron,

• Are you referring to the volume key on the keyboard?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers?
    If not I suggest you to go to the manufacturer website and install the latest keyboard drivers and check if that helps, post that suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check for the issue.
    The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to assist.

SujataMoktan, Jan 18, 2022
  4. RhinoCan Win User

volume buttons behaving weirdly

Hidden files not behaving properly

Sorry for the delay in responding; I had to deal with some other things along the way!

I ran Step 5 and got this:

volume buttons behaving weirdly [​IMG]

Then I restarted Windows. When I got back into my folder, it looked the same as before and the hidden file was still invisible but this time, when I went into Folder Options, the "don't show hidden files, folders and drives" radio button was selected. I simply clicked the "show hidden files, folders and drives" radio button, clicked on Apply and my hidden file finally reappeared!

Thanks for your help with this!!

I'm still curious about why this functionality broke suddenly but I've got lots of other things on my plate so I think I'll get back to them.

Thanks again!

RhinoCan, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

volume buttons behaving weirdly

1. volume buttons behaving weirdly - Similar Threads - volume buttons behaving

2. Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning: Hi all,This afternoon when I turned on my computer and logged on, I opened my start menu and only Windows UWP apps showed up in the start menu the pre-installed apps on windows. Also, all my app tiles were gone and the start menu was really thin. Then, all of a sudden, all my...
  3. volume buttons behaving weirdly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume buttons behaving weirdly: When I press the volume up or down or mute button it opens a blue screen and does not change the volume also the volume icon is not showing up on pressing the keys....
  4. Keyboard Keys behaving weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Keys behaving weird: Windows key = volume downUp key= brightness lowSpace = enter Backspace = tab+backspace"W" not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-behaving-weird/bb793a97-9597-4b1b-a352-a92c89c7dea8
  5. Laptop behaving kinda weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop behaving kinda weird: Hello everyone.So i've been Experiencing this problem since the past like couple of days i was using my laptop and all of a sudden i got UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION Bsod then the laptop restarted but it was really really slowed down and after i opened something it just froze...
  6. Windows is behaving weird

Windows is behaving weird: So I have encountered a strange problem in my windows 10 pc. When I turn on my pc, I am unable to type numbers either through the numeric keypad or the numbers at the top. When I press the number keys on topwithout pressing shift key it types symbols and not numbers....
  7. Alt and shift keys suddenly behaving weirdly

Alt and shift keys suddenly behaving weirdly: Hi, I have two issues that seem linked, though I can't say exactly how 1 When using "Left Alt+number from number pad + release alt" to enter a special character, only the last digit of the number is taken into account. For instance, if I press Alt+247, hoping to get an...
  8. Windows 10 behaving extremely weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 behaving extremely weird: Hi there, I'll keep this tale of woes as short as I can. I was given a Sony Vaio VPCEB1S1E with windows 10 on it. I did not do the install, but from looking at the bottom of it it has a sticker on it for windows 7 with a user licence number. So that would lead me to believe...
  9. Volume buttons

Volume buttons: My volume buttons aren't working, how do turn down up or down the volume with the volume buttons on the keyboard? I have the Surface Laptop burgundy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/d069bf98-9209-49c9-a6df-a5a2608b0306
  10. Programs flashing and behaving weird.

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs flashing and behaving weird.: Hello all, recently programs on my computer - both games and programs like the disc cleaner, flash weirdly and act strange. I really don't know how best to describe it but basically some parts of a programs window will flash, and the icon on my taskbar will disappear and then...