Windows 10: Volume buttons

Discus and support Volume buttons in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My volume buttons aren't working, how do turn down up or down the volume with the volume buttons on the keyboard? I have the Surface Laptop burgundy.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by POKY2BEAUTIMOUS, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Volume buttons

My volume buttons aren't working, how do turn down up or down the volume with the volume buttons on the keyboard? I have the Surface Laptop burgundy.

:)

POKY2BEAUTIMOUS, Oct 10, 2018

2. Volume button is invisible on taskbar.

Hi,

You can customize which icons to appear on the taskbar. Based on the information you have provided it possible that the volume was not set to appear on the taskbar. To customize the taskbar notification area, you can refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Settings, and then hit Enter.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Click Volume button to toggle it on or off.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Volume buttons

Volume buttons won't work

Hello Aaron,

• Are you referring to the volume key on the keyboard?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers?
    If not I suggest you to go to the manufacturer website and install the latest keyboard drivers and check if that helps, post that suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check for the issue.
    The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to assist.

SujataMoktan, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Volume buttons

1. Volume buttons - Similar Threads - Volume buttons

2. When i change a sound in earphones using volume plus and minus button it's not effecting in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When i change a sound in earphones using volume plus and minus button it's not effecting in...: When i change a sound in earphones using volume plus and minus button it's not effecting in windows 10, but it's just working when i press keys from laptop...
  3. When i change a sound in earphones using volume plus and minus button it's not effecting in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i change a sound in earphones using volume plus and minus button it's not effecting in...: When i change a sound in earphones using volume plus and minus button it's not effecting in windows 10, but it's just working when i press keys from laptop...
  4. When i change a sound in earphones using volume plus and minus button it's not effecting in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. volume buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume buttons: my asus rog zephyrus g15 gaming laptop volume buttons dont work if i reset my laptop will the volume buttons work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/487d553e-3c80-4b3d-a3bf-17c19840e2f0
  6. volume buttons

volume buttons: my asus rog zephyrus g15 gaming laptop volume buttons dont work if i reset my laptop will the volume buttons work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/487d553e-3c80-4b3d-a3bf-17c19840e2f0
  7. Lost ability to control volume to default device using mouse buttons after updating audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost ability to control volume to default device using mouse buttons after updating audio...: Hello, everyone! I really need your help so I can "live the way I used to. " :D So far, I have been using programmable buttons on my mouse to change the volume on Windows for over a decade. Recently I decided to change my mouse to a new one, which also allows you to program...
  8. Lost ability to control volume to default device using mouse buttons after updating audio...

Lost ability to control volume to default device using mouse buttons after updating audio...: Hello, everyone! I really need your help so I can "live the way I used to. " :D So far, I have been using programmable buttons on my mouse to change the volume on Windows for over a decade. Recently I decided to change my mouse to a new one, which also allows you to program...
  9. Lost ability to control volume to default device using mouse buttons after updating audio...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. My pc sound volume button moves without interaction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc sound volume button moves without interaction: Hello, For the past few months, at any moment, the volume changes automatically without me touching it. I've already reinstalled drivers, and with the help of task manager, i cannot see any applications that would modify the sounds whatsoever. I even bought a new pc during...